Thread: Some of the units....all units

Member Member LegVIIGemina-Tarraconense's Avatar

Default Some of the units....all units

I find very interesting the weekly launching of EB factions (Baktria, Makedonia, Aeduii, etc). However, I would like the EB Mod-Team to show us all of the units of every faction, rather than a selection of them . All this units and factions information may have a potential value for some educational purposes (for instance, a sort of a "Manual of Troops of the Ancient World", and other initiatives). Thanks in advance .

The Orgs Prophet of RATM Member IrishMike's Avatar
    Somewhere in the defensive area of a soccer field, slaughtering puny strikers.

Default Re: Some of the units....all units

Well as EB's current policy is to surprise us with the beta release. I don't think you will be seeing the full unit roster untill the beta. Probaly not a chance in you know where.
    When ignorance reigns life is lost.

War is norm, Fight the War, Screw the norm!

Dungalloigh Brehonda Member Ranika's Avatar

Even in the beta, you won't be seeing the full roster. We're constantly changing a lot, due to limitations; we know of a lot more potential soldiers than we can feesably include due to limits. Plus, a great deal simply aren't done or finished being researched, so not everything is ready to be shown in that respect either. Please, be patient; I'm sure you will be pleased with the final outcome, but we need time to work and research, to make sure it's as good as it can be.
    Ní dheachaigh fial ariamh go hIfreann.

Quote Originally Posted by Ranika
    Even in the beta, you won't be seeing the full roster. We're constantly changing a lot, due to limitations; we know of a lot more potential soldiers than we can feesably include due to limits. Plus, a great deal simply aren't done or finished being researched, so not everything is ready to be shown in that respect either. Please, be patient; I'm sure you will be pleased with the final outcome, but we need time to work and research, to make sure it's as good as it can be.
    thats why i have suggested EB to go open to public again and leave the ''secret laboratory''
    μηνιν αειδε θεα Πηληιαδεω Αχιληοs ουλομενην

Quote Originally Posted by Idomeneas
    thats why i have suggested EB to go open to public again and leave the ''secret laboratory''
    That may not be wise, what with the amount of property theft that apparently took place.

Tovenaar Senior Member The Wizard's Avatar

Indeed.

Also, once again, please take into consideration that all our previews are peeks into something that is essentially a work in progress. Therefore, whatever you see is what is done at that moment. Afterwards, we close the curtain again and continue work.

Hope this helps,

~Wiz
    "It ain't where you're from / it's where you're at."

Eric B. & Rakim, I Know You Got Soul

Member Member Alexander the Pretty Good's Avatar

Haven't you guys heard of delayed gratification?

Arena Senior Member Crazed Rabbit's Avatar
    Blog Entries

If delayed gratification is any different from instant gratification, I'm going to be mad!

Anyways...

You guys wouldn't want all the surprises to be revealed before you could actually play it, would you? (Note: that was a rhetorical question, and answering yes will not change anything (Especially since I have no say in this matter whatsoever)).

Crazed Rabbit
    Ja Mata, Tosa.

The poorest man may in his cottage bid defiance to all the forces of the Crown. It may be frail; its roof may shake; the wind may blow through it; the storm may enter; the rain may enter; but the King of England cannot enter – all his force dares not cross the threshold of the ruined tenement! - William Pitt the Elder

Quote Originally Posted by Crazed Rabbit
    If delayed gratification is any different from instant gratification, I'm going to be mad!

Anyways...

You guys wouldn't want all the surprises to be revealed before you could actually play it, would you? (Note: that was a rhetorical question, and answering yes will not change anything (Especially since I have no say in this matter whatsoever)).

Crazed Rabbit
    Well im totally opposed to this tactic as i stated before but i guess that doesnt change anything. About theft i can say that if we are looking forward to a accurate historical product eventually every mod that seriously undertake this task should come up with the same results since history is one not 100. Plus there cannot be copyright in a community meanning that many people contribute others with pics others with comments etc beside the EBteam. Anyway we have discussed that in the past again. My arguement has ideological base if you like. I mean there are the companies with their tactics and consumers. Consumers that are feeling they deserve a better product take situation at hand and form a community of many people interested and few people that are going to ''take the snake out of the hole''. Eventually the core team that rightfully can be proud of their achievements adopts the presentation tactics of the companies.
    Life is a circle isnt it?

Hmmm....Welllll the ideological base of my argument would be that it's their mod, so they can build it whatever way they like seeing as at the end of the day i get if free :)

I mean its not like they're baby-food manufacturers or anything. How they make it doesn't really bother me if it's good.

Quote Originally Posted by Greek_fire19
    I mean its not like they're baby-food manufacturers or anything. How they make it doesn't really bother me if it's good.
    (Add to checklist of things to do in closed beta tests: Make sure this mod doesn't actually kill babies. At least not in the short term. Some tests may be needed. Must find teh babies first.)

LOL
    Last edited by Mongoose; 06-19-2005 at 02:25.

Prussian Musketeer Member Faenaris's Avatar

Look no further! Here I am, a home-grown bab...

Uhm, that didn't come out well. Euhm, time for me to ... ponder my life.

*Runs off to secret lair*
    Signature by Atterdag

"Hunde, wollt ihr ewig leben?" ("Dogs, do you want to live forever?") - Frederick II of Prussia at the battle of Kolin when adressing his fleeing Prussian soldiers.

Hmmm....Welllll the ideological base of my argument would be that it's their mod, so they can build it whatever way they like seeing as at the end of the day i get if free :)

Im not sure i get it. Is it the arguement or my english?

Egomaniac sexpert Member Dux Corvanus's Avatar

A baby-food manufacturer is someone who makes food for babies, or who makes food with babies? I second the latter option!

lol, flip, the trouble a bad joke can get you into in these parts

No, no offence intended idomeneas, I just meant that it's not really a big deal whether they build the mod in absolute secrecy or with total transparency- at the end of the day we wont get to play it till it's released, and as sensible people reserve judgement until they have the product on their computers, its no big deal either which way.

your english is fine

your english is fine
    thank god!