Thread: Front and Backroom, something weird is happening...

Ignore the username Member zelda12's Avatar
    Term time: Warwick University Non-term: Somewhere in Sussex.

Default Front and Backroom, something weird is happening...

This is weird. Whenever I go to the front or backroom I don't see any of the new posts displayed, it is as if time has frozen over the forum at these specific times. In the Frontroom its 21:13 according to forum time, in the Backroom its 21:11. So no matter what I do when I enter the front or back room to peruse what threads are available I just see the image from that point in time.

But I know new replies are being made, and if I click on the link provided in the email notification or in the direct link to the last post displayed on the board index, or via my control panel.

This is already to technically minded for me, but not being totally computer illiterate I thought it might be my browser being annoying, so I first of all deleted my internet history and cookies. Still no dice.

My thoughts are that this may have something to do with my account. Mainly because after my cookies were gone I went back to the .org and without logging into my account I could go to the Frontroom and it would be up-to-date, however once I clicked on a topic then clicked back into the frontroom I automatically logged into the frozen time... yet when I go out again to the board index I'm logged out?

Help.

Bringing down the vulgaroisie Member King Henry V's Avatar

Default Re: Front and Backroom, something weird is happening...

The prophecy is being fulfilled...........
    www.thechap.net
    "We were not born into this world to be happy, but to do our duty." Bismarck
    "You can't be a successful Dictator and design women's underclothing. One or the other. Not both." The Right Hon. Bertram Wilberforce Wooster
    "Man, being reasonable, must get drunk; the best of life is but intoxication" - Lord Byron
    "Where men are forbidden to honour a king they honour millionaires, athletes, or film-stars instead: even famous prostitutes or gangsters. For spiritual nature, like bodily nature, will be served; deny it food and it will gobble poison." - C. S. Lewis

Shoot me now.......

Gah! Its working again. Now all I want to know is why it happened in the first place.

I've had that problem with message boards. Delete all the temporary internet files and you'll be okay (or just the ones pertaining to the Org if you're really picky).

Don't worry, I don't exist Member King of Atlantis's Avatar

The same thing happend to me in the forge. I deleted temporary internet files and then everything was fine though.