Thread: kraellin, perhaps i dont need to rotate the map...

since there doesn't appear to be any way to rotate the map, is there a way to alter where the deployment circles appear? i hope so.... cause otherwise i might have to scrap my map and start over..

the eyes, the eyes!!!

Senior Member Senior Member Kurando's Avatar

You can always tell which direction the armies will deploy by placing a temporary bridge on the map before you start building. The direction which the bridge points is the direction that the armies will be located. As far as I know there is no way to rotate a map or to reposition deployment zones.

Modern civilization is a vast conspiracy against silence

Senior Member Senior Member Kraellin's Avatar

there is no 'easy' way to rotate the map and there is no 'easy' way to alter starting deployment locations. since we seem to be poking into just about anything we can pry open these days, that's why i say 'easy'. if you knew how to manipulate the file structure you could alter your orientation that way and if you could read the binary for the starting positions you could prolly alter that as well.

while in the editor, 'south' is always at the bottom of the radar map. that's the defender's side. that's not always the case when playing a game, of course, but it is in the editor.

you cannot, that i'm aware of other than editing the file structure, pick up a tile and move it, nor can you rotate the map permanently without also going in and altering the file.

perhaps you could include this in the wish list i started in this forum for the editor.

K.

------------------
    I'm sorry, but i never apologize.

thanks kraellin and kurando. i just finished the map and i have the .tga and the .jjm working. if youd like, i could email it to you, and you could see for yourself what im talking about. so kurando, i have to get a bridge into there? i think i will try that, if i can somehow hide it... but also i am out of model room completely, so it might be difficult...

the eyes, the eyes!!!