Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Heatwave - I'm meeelting!!

Lesbian Rebel Member Mikeus Caesar's Avatar

Default Heatwave - I'm meeelting!!

This damn british heatwave has just come out of nowhere. It's awful. And when we get heatwaves here in Britain, it ends up being hotter than Barcelona, or New Delhi. It doesn't help the fact my room gets hot and stuffy, which in turn heats up my computer causing it to crash. Heck, it's raining right now (thunder and lightning too. It's a summer storm), but it's still incredibly warm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranika
    I'm being assailed by a mental midget of ironically epic proportions. Quick as frozen molasses, this one. Sharp as a melted marble. It's disturbing. I've had conversations with a braying mule with more coherence.

Boondock Saint Senior Member The Blind King of Bohemia's Avatar

Default Re: Heatwave - I'm meeelting!!

It is baking in Birmingham, its that humid weather with no air which is horrible man. I hope its a little more cool tomorrow

Viceroy of the Indian Empire Member Duke Malcolm's Avatar
    Dùn Dèagh, the People's Republic of Scotland, the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland.

heat wave? (check thermometer - 12 degrees, before going to put another baron the fire)

It is average here, up on about 52 degrees latitude.
    It was not theirs to reason why,
    It was not theirs to make reply,
    It was theirs but to do or die.
    -The Charge of the Light Brigade - Alfred, Lord Tennyson

"Wherever this stone shall lie, the King of the Scots shall rule"
    -Prophecy of the Stone of Destiny

"For God, For King and country, For loved ones home and Empire, For the sacred cause of justice, and The freedom of the world, They buried him among the kings because he, Had done good toward God and toward his house."
    -Inscription on the Tomb of the Unknown Warrior

It shouldn't be like this though, where i am....i live in a little village called Shepley, near Huddersfield, and the hottest it ever gets when there is a heatwave is 25C, which is slightly acceptable, but 30C with all this humidity....i now know what my army men feel like when i melt them in the microwave...
    I'm being assailed by a mental midget of ironically epic proportions. Quick as frozen molasses, this one. Sharp as a melted marble. It's disturbing. I've had conversations with a braying mule with more coherence.

Boondock Saint Senior Member The Blind King of Bohemia's Avatar

Its usually freezing cold up in the north so enjoy it while you can

I'm heading up to uni in Manchester so its probably going to be snowing when i arrive! Damn British weather

Mediæval Auctoriso Member Member TheSilverKnight's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeus Caesar
    It shouldn't be like this though, where i am....i live in a little village called Shepley, near Huddersfield, and the hottest it ever gets when there is a heatwave is 25C, which is slightly acceptable, but 30C with all this humidity....i now know what my army men feel like when i melt them in the microwave...
    You melt your army men in the microwave? GENOCIDE! GENOCIDE!
    "I'm like the Vikings -- I come here, I steal your women, your booze, your dough, and then I go back home." ~ Wiz
    "Play RTW and wait till 1,000 people die and look at them from above. Then tell me it was worth the oil." - Byzantine Prince

The Breath of God Member Divine Wind's Avatar

Cant take it .... NOOO! *MEEELLTIIING*

Ohh hot bird in a short skirt walks past...

Nice
    "To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.
    -Sun Tzu, the Art of War

Tovenaar Senior Member The Wizard's Avatar

What's the problem? Finally it's a bit like my homeland!

And damn, the girls are dressing like it too
    "It ain't where you're from / it's where you're at."

Eric B. & Rakim, I Know You Got Soul

Gah, it was 37C where I work. The air con had broken. Weren't any customers though and managed to drink my way through about 5 litres of the store's coke too. Yay.

It's really hot here...but my house is an old one...abiut 100 years. It's excellent whether it be hot or cold...great Victorian era design.

I love my house!

Seriously though Currywurry/Mikeus, Just go to a shopping centre for the day...they have Air Con I pray to God it isn't so hot tommorow or there's shirt sleeve order at school...

Chief Sniffer Senior Member ichi's Avatar

Only 35C today, unseasonably cool for here, should be above 40 by this time. When it gets to 45 it starts to hurt.

ichi
    Stay Calm, Be Alert, Think Clearly, Act Decisively

CoH

Forever British Member King Ragnar's Avatar

It was scorchin whilst up here in the north east i was watchin a local cricket game then huge hail stones started pelting us, then came the thunder and rain.
    Vote For The British nationalist Party.
    Say no to multi-culturalism.

You got hail? It tried to hail here, but failed, so i was content with leaving all the windows open while it rained.

Coffee farmer extraordinaire Member spmetla's Avatar

Go to where I am run around in 40lbs of armor and ammunition. Most of our Humvees don't have A/C and opening the armored windows defeats the purpose of their being armored.

The worst thing is using the porta johns, like a freaking sauna.

I know you guys didn't get to climatize slowly from winter to hot like I had to which is why it's so unbearable. Take it easy and go to the pool or something.

"Am I not destroying my enemies when I make friends of them?"
    -Abraham Lincoln

Pool. Bleuch. Too much chlorine. And anyway, they'll be packed with fat people and screaming kids on days like this.

The worst thing is using the porta johns, like a freaking sauna.
    Euf...i'm assuming your in Iraq or Afghanistan, or some middle eastern country. Using a Port-a-toilet in that weather....dear god, the smell....

You got hail? It tried to hail here, but failed, so i was content with leaving all the windows open while it rained.
    The hail was almost like golfballs, maybe all this climate change stuff is really happening, monsoons may become common in summer for the UK.

Senior member Senior Member Dutch_guy's Avatar

It's hot in Holland as well, but I kind of like it, it's usually cloudy and boring weather, so the sun is great.

I'm an athiest. I get offended everytime I see a cold, empty room. - MRD

Quote Originally Posted by TheSilverKnight
    You melt your army men in the microwave? GENOCIDE! GENOCIDE!
    I have theoretically doen Genocide. Over the last two years, me and my friend have killed Army Men in many spectacular ways...ranging from explosives to nail clippers. We've killed about 3000 army men...so much carnage!

Not affiliated with Red Dwarf. Member Ianofsmeg16's Avatar
    Home of Palm trees, cats with no tails, three-legged men, fairies...and more german bikers than germany

This damn british heatwave has just come out of nowhere. It's awful. And when we get heatwaves here in Britain, it ends up being hotter than Barcelona, or New Delhi. It doesn't help the fact my room gets hot and stuffy, which in turn heats up my computer causing it to crash. Heck, it's raining right now (thunder and lightning too. It's a summer storm), but it's still incredibly warm.
    Heat wave? HEAT WAVE??!!! NOBODTOLD THE ISLE OF MAN THERE WAS SUPPOSED TO BE A HEAT WAVE
    When I was a child
    I caught a fleeting glimpse
    Out of the corner of my eye.
    I turned to look but it was gone
    I cannot put my finger on it now
    The child is grown,
    The dream is gone.
    I have become comfortably numb...

Proud Supporter of the Gahzette

What has the weather been like there?

Not affiliated with Red Dwarf. Member Ianofsmeg16's Avatar
    Home of Palm trees, cats with no tails, three-legged men, fairies...and more german bikers than germany

bloody cold during the week, alright on the weekends but its no freaking heat wave...**thinks for a second** hang on i have nothing to complain about cos i get hay fever so if there was a heat wave it'll be worse...carry on
    When I was a child
    I caught a fleeting glimpse
    Out of the corner of my eye.
    I turned to look but it was gone
    I cannot put my finger on it now
    The child is grown,
    The dream is gone.
    I have become comfortably numb...

Proud Supporter of the Gahzette

The weather here has been unbeleiveable very hot at one point, rain, then hails, more heavy rain, thunder lightining, bt during this it has still been very very hot.

Mediæval Auctoriso Member Member TheSilverKnight's Avatar

I have theoretically doen Genocide. Over the last two years, me and my friend have killed Army Men in many spectacular ways...ranging from explosives to nail clippers. We've killed about 3000 army men...so much carnage!
    You cruel lesbian rebel, you...*shakes head*
    "I'm like the Vikings -- I come here, I steal your women, your booze, your dough, and then I go back home." ~ Wiz
    "Play RTW and wait till 1,000 people die and look at them from above. Then tell me it was worth the oil." - Byzantine Prince

I can't handle this heat, I am literally dripping with sweat, it is disgusting. You have a bath and by the time you are dry and got new clothes on again, you feel all muggy, sweaty and horrible. Not nice, I hate the summer, roll on the winter I say.
    GARCIN: I "dreamt," you say. It was no dream. When I chose the hardest path, I made my choice deliberately. A man is what he wills himself to be.
    INEZ: Prove it. Prove it was no dream. It's what one does, and nothing else, that shows the stuff one's made of.
    GARCIN: I died too soon. I wasn't allowed time to - to do my deeds.
    INEZ: One always dies too soon - or too late. And yet one's whole life is complete at that moment, with a line drawn neatly under it, ready for the summing up. You are - your life, and nothing else.

Jean Paul Sartre - No Exit 1944

Medical Welshman in London. Senior Member Big King Sanctaphrax's Avatar
    Cardiff in the summer, London during term time.

Quote Originally Posted by JAG
    I can't handle this heat, I am literally dripping with sweat, it is disgusting. You have a bath and by the time you are dry and got new clothes on again, you feel all muggy, sweaty and horrible. Not nice, I hate the summer, roll on the winter I say.
    Yep, I hate the heat. You can put on as many layers as you need in the winter, but there are only so many you can take off in the summer before you get arrested.

Sweat causes me to itch too, so I've been scratching myself all day. Not nice.
    Last edited by Big King Sanctaphrax; 06-19-2005 at 20:39.
    Co-Lord of BKS and Beirut's Kingdom of Peace and Love.

"Handsome features, rugged exteriors, intellectual chick magnets, we're pretty much twins."-Beirut

"Rhy, where's your helicopter now? Where's your ******* helicopter now?"-Mephistopheles.

I welcomed ther ain with open arms today. It was so cooling and refreshing. I hope to night is not like last night. I can normaly sleep to about 11 or 12 on a sunday. I awoke at 9 feeling all hot and sweaty. Horible i tell you.

"A lamb goes to the slaughter but a man, he knows when to walk away."

Blog Entries

It's about 29 Degrees Celsius Over Hear... with Thunderstorms... of course, the weather almost never changes (maybe 5-10 Degrees Difference in Fall and Winter).

Quote Originally Posted by tibilicus
    I hope to night is not like last night. I can normaly sleep to about 11 or 12 on a sunday. I awoke at 9 feeling all hot and sweaty. Horible i tell you.
    I hate any hot night, and always end up sweaty, but last night was the worst hot night of my life. I couldn't get to sleep, because my room is always the hottest stuffiest room in the house when it's warm, and when i woke up at about 10:30 this morning, i quite literally had to peel myself off the bed, and had to replace the sheets, because they were soaked with sweat, which ended up making them smell of B-O.

i live in a little village called Shepley
    Ohh.....dear God ......dear, dear God.........another just down the bloody road, and you just know these Yorkies NEVER stand a round....they do like to 'jingle' their change in the pocket tho.....even in a 'Terriers' strip shirt ...

There are times I wish they’d just ban everything- baccy and beer, burgers and bangers, and all the rest- once and for all. Instead, they creep forward one apparently tiny step at a time. It’s like being executed with a bacon slicer.

“Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy.”

To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticise.

"The purpose of a university education for Left / Liberals is to attain all the politically correct attitudes towards minorties, and the financial means to live as far away from them as possible."

The Black Senior Member Papewaio's Avatar

Gah! I don't get out of jeans until it hits 30 in Perth.

Taiwan with 95% humidity is not such a joy.
    Our genes maybe in the basement but it does not stop us chosing our point of view from the top.
    Quote Originally Posted by Louis VI the Fat
    Pape for global overlord!!
    Quote Originally Posted by English assassin
    Squid sources report that scientists taste "sort of like chicken"
    Quote Originally Posted by frogbeastegg View Post
    The rest is either as average as advertised or, in the case of the missionary, disappointing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast