Thread: What to do when you face up to Ronins?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

This is a simple question for everybody:

What do you do if the last enemy Daimyo dies in SP campaign mode? Complete the conquest or start a new game? Why?

Insomniac and tired of it Senior Member Slyspy's Avatar

I fight on for a bit. Then I get bored and stop playing the campaign. Every now and again I start oveer, but get fed up when victory is assured.

------------------
    "Put 'em in blue coats, put 'em in red coats, the bastards will run all the same!"
    "Put 'em in blue coats, put 'em in red coats, the bastards will run all the same!"

"The English are a strange people....They came here in the morning, looked at the wall, walked over it, killed the garrison and returned to breakfast. What can withstand them?"

Yeah i usually quit because it gets boring fighting just one big blob of rebels and ronin. So if you havn't beaten the game yet then keep on going, but if you are just playing again then i would quit.
    HnT

It depends on how well dug in they are. If it's a Hojo Horde collapse, then it does get tedious slamming them over and over again. Even the developers admitted that the toughest thing about building Shogun was the endgame. That was one reason for the Terminator (I mean Geisha) unit - without some kind of late-game high-power unit, the wars could go on for centuries. I like the early game best - smaller armies, more clans, more strategy. So in answer to the question, I once all the enemy daimyo are gone, and if it's setting up to be just 10 million ronin camping out in a bridge province, I'll usually bag out and start a new campaign.

-- B)