Thread: The Ban is still on... (sigh!!)

Default The Ban is still on... (sigh!!)

Sik1977 wrote:
    "06-10-2005, 10:20 AM #11

Creative Assembly
    Ezboard is still having problems at the moment I'm afraid. If we don't have the posts back by Monday I'll restart the FAQ. I apologise for the problems caused by this but as you have seen from events here, when people decide to do stupid things then it can take a while to clean up the mess.

As regards to my promise to address the issues regarding the load / save AI, I have not forgotten this. I am currently unable to comment on this issue, now that's not me trying to avoid it at the moment, but for several reasons I am unable to tell you anything conclusive one way or another. As I am not in a position to comment yet, I won't try and fob you off. When I can let you know what is happening I promise to come to these boards and make a post. Hopefully this will be within the next 10 days. I just wanted to make sure you know that I am not trying to avoid the issue, I am not, I will be back! "

www.twcenter.net/forums/s...ight=stuff

Thats what Shogun wrote in a post at TWC. Technically, he still has a day or two. Unfortunately after the massive load/save arguments and multipage threads going to the graveyard a few months ago, most of the ppl either left .com or understood that there was a ban on further discussing this topic. There was a time when even implying the issue would condemn you and your post as part of the 'they' crowd. Anyhow, if this thread survives, then i suppose things are getting back to normal. Sweeping things under the carpet would simply show that the ban is still on, despite recent posts by Shogun on TWC and the FAQ.
    PSYCHO V (mighty .com moderator - if you don't know, poo poo on you)wrote:

“There was a time when even implying the issue would condemn you and your post as part of the 'they' crowd.” - sik1977

If one ignored several dozen polite requests to desist in spamming and attacking other patrons (who happen to share different views) then yes, they would be regarded as the ‘they’ crowd…..if by ‘they’ you mean patrons who believe they are better than, above and / or superior to, other patrons and the rules.

I think Shogun’s comments have adequately acknowledged CA’s awareness of the concern of some.
    We will not have any additional information till CA decide to comment further. As such, any further discussion is merely an exercise in navel gazing. Closed
    I thought i'd share some more cheerful stuff with my fellow patrons. Unfortunately, once a topic is closed up without giving the poster an oppurtunity to reply, there isn't much point sticking around and explaining it to the one who took such action. What was that saying from the recent Star Wars movie... oh yeah... 'only a PSYCHO deals in absolute'... or something like that...
    AMD A64 3700+ (San Diego)
    MSI K8N NEO4 Platinum
    Asus EN7800GTX TOP 256MB
    Kingston 2x1 GB DDR400 Ram
    Cooler Master Extreme Power Duo 600W

Default Re: The Ban is still on... (sigh!!)

"OMGZ! U R A THEY!"

Please don't drag the kind of cr@p that goes on at the .com to the org.

TWC would be a better forum for this kind of thing, IMHO.

The Abominable Senior Member Hexxagon Champion Monk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mongoose
    "OMGZ! U R A THEY!"

Please don't drag the kind of cr@p that goes on at the .com to the org.
    Couldn't agree more...

if you have a problem, take it up with the person you've got the problem with. Don't put it out here in public as it really serves no purpose
    Last edited by Monk; 06-20-2005 at 04:02.

i think conformists like the previous 2 posters need to realize that they're just helping CA produce a shit title.

SPAMMING THE HELL out of every visible site with information on it obviously drives them nuts, which in turn will force them to fix it. Covering it up only causes them to get away with it.

Anyone who works for CA should have their bank account stripped as they sold a shit product and lied about it.

What i meant to say was that TWC would be a better place to rant about the .com. the good thing about the .org is that it's free from .com style c**p for the most part, hearing about the .com is somewhat depressing.

i think conformists like the previous 2 posters need to realize that they're just helping CA produce a title.

SPAMMING THE HELL out of every visible site with information on it obviously drives them nuts, which in turn will force them to fix it. Covering it up only causes them to get away with it.

Anyone who works for CA should have their bank account stripped as they sold a product and lied about it.
    I am not a conformist. i have done more them my share of ranting about the game, actually.

CA has stated many times that their fan base is young, and doesn't post on these forums. Why the hell would they care about a "vocal minority"?

Let me repeat...CA DOES NOT CARE ABOUT YOU, THEIR TARGET GROUP IS YOUNG AND DOES NOT POST ON THESE FORUMS
    Last edited by Mongoose; 06-20-2005 at 04:14.

The Abominable Senior Member Hexxagon Champion Monk's Avatar

i think conformists like the previous 2 posters need to realize that they're just helping CA produce a shit title.
    nice man. Glad you didn't pass up a chance to classify someone you don't even know.

Basically it's quite simple sik1977 seems to have a problem with .com moderators, so he brings his problem here. Why? I dunno, but the .org doesn't take sides in things like this. My post suggested he try to work out the problem, instead of complaining about it here at the .org where nothing will get done.

Did I say I took CA's side? no...i don't see where I did do you? It's also really nice how you label me as "helping CA to produce a shit title". i wonder what you'd have said if I actually put forth an opinion...

Seriously I go here to get some fresh air (so to speak) from the .com and then I see the same bloody post pasted in here. LOL

robotica erotica Member Colovion's Avatar

holy crap CA's public relations is sliding more and more towards a protectionist method

i really hope that will change

but it won't if the game doesn't
    robotica erotica

Summa Rudis Senior Member Catiline's Avatar

Not the place for this, thread closed
    Quo usque tandem abutere, Catilina, patientia nostra