Thread: Campaign Editor v1.0 released

I have written a program which lets you create your own custom campaigns for STWWE, in addition to the existing Sengoku Jidai, 1530, 1550, 1580 campaigns. You can download it from hecose.tripod.com.

Admins, if interested, do feel free to add this to the download section of www.totalwar.org.

Nur-ad-Din Forum Administrator TosaInu's Avatar

Konnichiwa hecose san,

I tried to download your program, but the url can't be found. (Stupid me, it was without www lol, I got it, it looks cool, I'll try the tool and post it asap). Please use the UploadTool (http://www.totalwar.org/maps) to upload your application. We would love to post your program in the Mod/Tool section.

It's very nice to see a wysiwyg tool here. Some time ago I've made three campaigns using wordpad.

You didn't mention Mongol campaigns, but those can be made too. And quite easily, although there are some things to take care of. If you want to see more about this, you could download the 3 campaigns from the modsection (http://www.totalwar.org/maps).

It also 'shows' how to make a 'custom' menu for choosing clans.

There are 3 prequisites for a mongol campaign:

-startdate must be 1274
    -Oda/daimyo 3 can't be used, as Mongols use yellow.
    -The Hojo clan must be in: if there are no Hojos, the Mongols immediately win the game. I expect that once the Hojos are out, Mongols will win. Thus if you use Imagawa and you get attacked by Hojo, think twice before acting :-).

One of the 3 campaigns is called "Mongols and 7 clans" The subfolder Mongols and 7 clans (tga, bif, dsc and txt) can be re-used to make any 'custom' daimyoselectionmenu. The menu contains the Mongols on position Oda (1st row 3th icon). The other icons showed in the daimyoselectionlist (in game) depend on the daimyos you use in 'Startpos.txt'. Any daimyo not used will not show up. This property is a normal game property, i.e. if you make a campaign with Mori, Hojo and Oda, the game is 'smart' and only shows icons for those 3.

What I did was skip Oda, and add a 'custom' position for the mongols without messing the iconpositions for the other 7 colors.

If you use 1274 as starting year you'll get mongols and any japanese daimyo uses 'ancient' units like xbow. What needs to be investigated is whether it's possible to get pre-sengoku battle without mongols. I tried startdate 1273 (before mongols landed). I hoped it would give ancient units and the mongols would show up the next year, but it didn't. The game uses sengoku units then, and the mongols don't show up the next year. If one uses more than 1 Japanese clan (all war against each other) it might be desirable to decrease the initial number of mongols. Where is the file that determines that? Inside the main.exe? In a hexfile? plain text?

Thank you very much for your hard work hecose san, I'm sure this program will increase the value of this game.

------------------
    Ja mata
    Toda MizuTosaInu
    Daimyo Takiyama Shi
    http://www.takiyama.cjb.net

[This message has been edited by TosaInu (edited 09-02-2001).]
    Ja mata

TosaInu

Senior Member Senior Member Erado San's Avatar

Looking very good Hecose. Nice map by the way ( )

Thanks for the additional information, Tosa. Looks like everybody now has enough to go straight in and make the starting positions they want.

Good job.
    A voice from the past is heard in the lands...

TosaInu, Thanks for the additional info & tips. I will further refine the program. Not sure how quickly I can come up with an updated version, but will definitely work on it.

Erado San, Nice map indeed. Remember I was also the one who did a STW map with all the koku income, terrain type, mineral resources, etc? (the map which is currently in totalwar.org's download section) That was also based on the map from your (previous) website.

All, To run the program, you will need a dynamically linked library - msvbvm60.dll. If you do not have it on your PC, download it from the internet, and put it in C:\Windows\System. One site you can try is http://209.217.54.174/fwf/library.htm. A big thank you to TosaInu for pointing this out.