Thread: Greeks & Epic Stone Walls in Patch v1.2?

Capital of the New Spartan Empire -- Sparta

Default Greeks & Epic Stone Walls in Patch v1.2?

Well I searched the forum & it gave me about 1,000 topics to sift through, most with just random comments about walls, so it would take a while for me to find what I want exactly, so here I go.

I the original Vinalla version, before the patch, & after the first patch, the greeks were strickened to Large Stone Walls only, because if you upgraded to an Epic, your wall would glitch, & downgrade into an ordinary Stone Wall, as most of us know.

However, after installing the v1.2 patch on this PC, which is our new PC, so I'm just now putting RTW on it, & then decided to test this out, I noticed that I was able to get a true Large Stone Wall, & a true Epic Stone Wall on my cities...

I have yet to enter a battle with them, but viewed them on the settlement description area; through which when I upgraded to Large Stone Wall, I saw the difference than prior to the v1.2 patch, & then after upgraded to Epic, I saw a true Epic stone wall for the Greeks.

However, my question is, if they ever get seiged, will I have an Epic Stone Wall defending me, or will it do that glitch & set me back to a regular Stone Wall?

I am playing City State, with only three cities, so this is a "must know" basis, as one of those cities is encircled by Egyptians, with no aid for about 2,000 miles away at Sparta...
    Last edited by Siris; 06-21-2005 at 15:05.

Default Re: Greeks & Epic Stone Walls in Patch v1.2?

Just save, test it, then reload.

That is what I am doing.

But I need the A.I. to attack first, the Egypitans seem more concerned with my one fort with my standing army than the city with its defense army (which could easily be a standing army itself), but it is needed at the city to defend it if it comes under attack.

So I just sit & wait...

you could try a custom battle.

In my multiplayer battles prior to the v1.2 patch, the greeks did get upgraded walls.

I remember that in SP, my "Large Stone Wall" appeared as a tad bigger than a regular "Stone Wall", however, in MP, the "Large Stone Wall" appeared like a minature "Epic Stone Wall", & the "Epic Stone Wall" was even larger.

When I played as the Julii, I had Epic's, so I know what they are, but the Greeks did seem to be ripped of their large walls before v1.2 patch in SP, but it 'seems' that they now have them; just want some clarity here on this.