Thread: Combining Fleets

Default Combining Fleets

Some ships just won't combine with other fleets, why? Is there a way around this? It offends my sense of order having two or three individual ship floating around waiting to be sunk. -Silius Sodus

Capital of the New Spartan Empire -- Sparta

Default Re: Combining Fleets

Lets say fleet 1 has an Admiral with two stars, & fleet two has an Admiral with 1 star, then they cannot merge since you would be giving up an Admiral.

Now lets say you have a fleet with an Admiral with three stars, he can combine with any other fleet with no stars.

Unless this is different, please state otherwise, but this is what my experience has given me.

Yes, it's extremely annoying, as now I have a bunch of 1-ship fleets I can't combine.

True. Specially when you play the scipii and every ship seems to get a priest of neptune that automatically gives command stars to the poor birreme and makes it impossible to combine with anything. (I know, I just love those deceres so there is no choise for me but to build a temple of neptune)

Eventually the admirals die so you should be able to combine their fleets once again after they passed into the afterlife.

Chief Biscuit Monitor Member professorspatula's Avatar

Lower ranked admirals should stop being so obstinate and just join the fleet of a higher ranked admiral. Failing that, where's the option to force a mutiny and have the admiral thrown overboard with a rock tied to his feet? I'd settle for that.
    Improving the TW Series one step at a time:

BI Extra Hordes & Unlocked Factions Mod: Available here.

To add to an Admiral's fleet, park the Admiral in a port and build new ships right into his fleet.

The weird thing is that when you get into open water and break up the fleet, I can never figure which ship is going to end up with the Admiral. It's not necessarily the largest, or even the first in the stack. The Admiral seems to stay with the largest stack and then when you are down to two ships I can never get it right... I always end up with the Admiral on the no chevron Bireme.

By the way, if on of your Admirals develops a command star then loses his only star in an unexpected defeat, the bugger still won't combine...like he's worth anything to your Navy on a stupid bireme with no exp and no stars.

Senior Member Senior Member Oaty's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Armoryk

The weird thing is that when you get into open water and break up the fleet, I can never figure which ship is going to end up with the Admiral. It's not necessarily the largest, or even the first in the stack. The Admiral seems to stay with the largest stack and then when you are down to two ships I can never get it right... I always end up with the Admiral on the no chevron Bireme.
    When splitting fleets the admiral always stays behind. I'm surprised they never get the lazy vice
    When a fox kills your chickens, do you kill the pigs for seeing what happened? No you go out and hunt the fox.
    Cry havoc and let slip the HOGS of war

Lesbian Rebel Member Mikeus Caesar's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by professorspatula
    Lower ranked admirals should stop being so obstinate and just join the fleet of a higher ranked admiral. Failing that, where's the option to force a mutiny and have the admiral thrown overboard with a rock tied to his feet? I'd settle for that.
    An ever entertaining answer from ProfessorSpatula...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranika
    I'm being assailed by a mental midget of ironically epic proportions. Quick as frozen molasses, this one. Sharp as a melted marble. It's disturbing. I've had conversations with a braying mule with more coherence.

Thumbs up Re: Combining Fleets

Dude dont worry In stacking so many ships together, the most ships you'll ever need is a stack is no more than 4 ships.

It is the one that you move last.
    MTW it's not a game; it's a part time job.
    ---
    Any sufficiently advanced technology in indistinguishable from magic.
    -Arthur C. Clarke-