Thread: Hooray! And... help!

Jillian & Allison's Daddy Senior Member Don Corleone's Avatar

Default Hooray! And... help!

Okay, I found a REALLY cheap copy of Shogun, Warlord Edition on Ebay. As an avid MTW player, I figured no problem. Wrongo! I figured Shimazu clan would be easiest to play as, since I'm pretty experienced with sword flanking infantry. But I can't build a sword dojo, and I don't know what the requirements are. Also, I built the buddhist temple, but no warrior monks. So I went to clan beserk page. Sadly, no updates.

Help? Can anyone give somebody who's not a newbie (I'm actually a pretty good MTW player) a hand? Like what are the primary differences? Which clans are good for novices? And for the love of God, how do I get a throne room, which is the main reason I bought the game.
    "A man who doesn't spend time with his family can never be a real man."
    Don Vito Corleone: The Godfather, Part 1.

"Then wait for them and swear to God in heaven that if they spew that bull to you or your family again you will cave there heads in with a sledgehammer"
    Strike for the South

Default Re: Hooray! And... help!

I think you need a full install to have the throneroom or something. There's also a checkbox in options. The throneroom button is on the lower left in the campaign map view.

To build a sword dojo you need the "legendary swordsman" event. This is triggered by one of your soldiers killing a lot of men in battle. I always had the most trouble getting it with the Shimazu clan, kind of annoying. I don't know why you can't train monks at the temple, that's strange.

Hojo and Uesugi are the easiest clans, as the Eastern provinces are much more fertile. I've always liked the Uesugi, they were the first I played. Samurai archers are better than longbowmen, and one of the cheapest units for the Uesugi, I think you'll like them

Thank you, Kojiro-san. Is it possible to play STW in MP as well?

"Then wait for them and swear to God in heaven that if they spew that bull to you or your family again you will cave there heads in with a sledgehammer"
    Strike for the South

Weird Organism Senior Member Drisos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Don Corleone
    YEAH! I mean, yes it is, and it's great to hear you're intrested. STW MP community is becoming bigger and bigger again.

The 7Bear7's are trying to find times to play online too. I told them that saturday evening would be great. (GMT)

Check in sword dojo for the 'how to host stw mp games' thread by shambles. That should get you ready for STW MP.

- Chu - Gi - Makoto - Rei - Jin - Yu - Meiyo -

Certainly. All you need is Shamble's program (can get it from his site linked to in his sig) for swapping the internet configuration file to be set up for the fakeserver. You can look in the STW MP thread for the times people are on.

I think you may have to patch with 1.02, I had some problems with dropping from games and I think it was from using the unpatched WE even though it said it was already 1.02.

Hi guys...

Very addictive. I think I like STW as much if not more than MTW! Fewer units is no drawback, as there's still all the same funcitonal groups, just not as many varities within group.

Couple of questions:

1) When an heir comes of age, how does the game determine what unit he gets? I 'think' it looks like the best unit you built in the season he came of age.

2) What age and which season for that year do heirs mature? 17?

3) No princesses?

4) How good is the AI at keeping alliances? In MTW, it's not worth the paper it's written on. Is that true here as well?

5) Throne room... that Geisha won't say squat. In fact, it seems all I can do is get random advice from my advisor on the left and click on the map. Is there other stuff to do?

I'm sure I'll have more, but great game.

Strike for the South

Couple of questions:

1) When an heir comes of age, how does the game determine what unit he gets? I 'think' it looks like the best unit you built in the season he came of age.

2) What age and which season for that year do heirs mature? 17?

3) No princesses?

4) How good is the AI at keeping alliances? In MTW, it's not worth the paper it's written on. Is that true here as well?

5) Throne room... that Geisha won't say squat. In fact, it seems all I can do is get random advice from my advisor on the left and click on the map. Is there other stuff to do?

I'm sure I'll have more, but great game.
    1. I think so. Sucks when you get him in an ashi unit.

2. 16...I'm not sure if they have to wait for the new year or not.

3. Nope

4. Not even worth the paper.

5. Yeah, that's all.

Toh-GAH-koo-reh Member Togakure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sasaki Kojiro
    ... 1. I think so. Sucks when you get him in an ashi unit. ...
    Yeah, this is one of the main reasons why I reflexively CONTROL+S to quicksave the game before hitting the Next Turn button, every time. When an heir matures as an ashi, I CONTROL+L (quickload) and produce a different unit for the heir. It's ridiculous to have an ashi for an heir (Hideyoshi was no longer considered an ashi by the time he came to power, and wasn't Nobunaga's "heir" either), so I manage the bogus occurence with this "cheat." Always quicksaving also minimizes damage in the event of a CTD as well, so I just do it every time.

Production tends to take place from left to right on the Strategy map, so you may need to shut down the production of units for a turn if the province where you want to produce the heir unit is to the left of other troop-training provinces on the map.

That's how I deal with this silly problem.
    Be intent on loyalty
    While others aspire to perform meritorious services
    Concentrate on purity of intent
    While those around you are beset by egoism

misc kanryodo