Thread: Portuguese are so rude!

Default Portuguese are so rude!

I don’t know if this has been mentioned before, but why are the Portuguese such jackasses. They are so unbearably rude! What is this “large lord” being a good “father” to my “smaller warriors” stuff they jabber about? Trade me “special things” and take my gold indeed. They may not have a good translator, but they should at least match the Dutch. Those guys know where it’s at.

Vermonter and Seperatist Member Uesugi Kenshin's Avatar

Default Re: Portuguese are so rude!

The Portuguese believe they are superior because they are Christian, that's why I never give them an audience and stick to my Warrior Monks.
    "A man's dying is more his survivor's affair than his own."
    C.S. Lewis

"So many people tiptoe through life, so carefully, to arrive, safely, at death."
    Jermaine Evans

Weird Organism Senior Member Drisos's Avatar

I have become christian once, in a shimazu campaign. ARQ's can be very good, but they're not often of use. (rain)

All the time I did not become christian, I did get guns from the Dutch.(they're great! ) Musks are way too powerful not to use them.
    - Chu - Gi - Makoto - Rei - Jin - Yu - Meiyo -

Quote Originally Posted by Wingman
    I don’t know if this has been mentioned before, but why are the Portuguese such jackasses. They are so unbearably rude!
    Hah! Considering they're essentially the first Europeans to come by, their translations aren't too bad. Also consider how a Japanese adventurer would address a blubbery, European king. ("Foolish blowhard, surrendur your lands to me, the representative of the Shogun and sovereign of all that matters. If you are lucky, I will reward you by placing your overblown skull on a prominent place in my shrine." or something to that effect comes to mind.)

What is this “large lord”
    Daimyo. DAI = Large, MYOU = name, noted, distinguished, reputation--in other words, Lord (as in Lords and Ladies), a man with a distinguished name/family.

being a good “father” to my “smaller warriors” stuff they jabber about?
    It's the proper relationship of a daimyo to his retainers, something in part absorbed by the Japanese through Confucianism. This makes sense to the Portuguese, because their God (their spiritual Daimyo) is referred to as a father to them, his sons. It is therefore something the Japanese and the Portuguese would latch onto while communicating.

Trade me “special things” and take my gold indeed.
    Things like guns, cannon, European plate armor (Oda Nobunaga himself wore it into some battles), as well as European art and crafts (everyone likes unique items). You know, things different cultures trade to each other.

They may not have a good translator, but they should at least match the Dutch. Those guys know where it’s at.
    Well hey, in the end they're Portuguese. You live on Spain's butt and tell me how polite you'll be, hey?
    "Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity...
    ... the product of screwing being newborn virgins and the product of pacification wars being peace."

Weird Organism Senior Member Drisos's Avatar

I must say I'm very glad that there are musks! How else would I have shot Shambles Kensais in MP?

Just go for the Dutch! Great people they are. (I'm Dutch )
    - Chu - Gi - Makoto - Rei - Jin - Yu - Meiyo -