Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: IMPORTANT INFO -Demo: "The Whitecloak War" Info+descriptions+focus on Altara

Default Re: IMPORTANT INFO -Demo: "The Whitecloak War" Info+descriptions+focus on Altara

and...how soon is that...?

Shaidar Haran Senior Member SAM Site Champion Myrddraal's Avatar

Default Re: IMPORTANT INFO -Demo: "The Whitecloak War" Info+descriptions+focus on Altara

OKOKOK

I must confess that whats holding back the demo is me...

I've got a list of models to make, and its hard work and to be honest, I'm drastically behind where I should be. If any of you have contacts at WoTmania or any other fan sites, advertising for 3d artists is the best thing you can do to speed up the release...

It's not you really, you cannot be expected to work day and night for this... It is lack of modellers in common... I hope it will pick up speed again when TurnLeft returns:) But still, the ones you do are really nice....

It will about when it's done, to quote the duke nukem team(I think?).
    Supporter and retired teammember of the Wheel of Time mod.

Quote Originally Posted by Andreas
    It's not you really, you cannot be expected to work day and night for this... It is lack of modellers in common... I hope it will pick up speed again when TurnLeft returns:) But still, the ones you do are really nice....

It will about when it's done, to quote the duke nukem team(I think?).
    And ID Software I think. The lack of good modellers is indeed a horrendous problem. Fortunately, I know of a great number of resources for learning 3dmodeling. The largest problem is that modeling is HARD. It's not something you can learn in a day like Photoshop. It takes dedication, and it takes time. This is the thing that is most missing from the scene.

Ya. but believe me tomake a GOOD skin is actually hard. especially now that Cs2 is out and standards are higher. tholack of modellers is a HUGE problem.

any news about the demo? ..is it delayed ,if yes until when?? sorry for asking..

WoT fanatic Member 4th Dimension's Avatar

Let me quote them
    It will be done when it's done

:) thank you 4th

do not fear eagre ones... it progresses steadily - Myrddraal is working his butt off

we're looking to all chip in for some special cushions for him =P
    Drink water.

Yeah with smal AS and Ashaman ymbols on sides :)

What is it you are concentrating on now? The full game or the demo?

Демо
    Demo, haven't you read the thread.

I had but I don´t know how long time it can take to do a mod so i just wondering if it was the demo that takes so long time (and I understand that the team members had real life and so ) or the finished game...

Well they are working things along the way. They are now focused on nations of south (Ilian, Amadicia, CoL) because they will be appearing in demo The Whitecloak War.

You know, you could just re-skin some existing units then put out the demo that was advertised over six months ago. We're not so obsessed with graphics that we'd rather wait months and months than have a playable product before we're geriatrics.
    Conquer a whole new world.

Development - Discussion

We have all the models and stuff done, so there is no need for that. We just need to export them, and put it all together.
    Supporter and retired teammember of the Wheel of Time mod.

Emperor of Seanchan Member DragonR.'s Avatar

So it will be out soon?

Twice dawns the day when his blood is shed.
    Once for mourning, once for birth.
    Red on black, the Dragon's blood stains the rock of Shayol Ghul.
    In the Pit of Doom shall his blood free men from the shadow.

I am helping them with the historical battles, The terrain for the first battle is done and the second one started,
    When it occurs to a man that nature does not regard him as important and that she feels she would not maim the universe by disposing of him, he at first wishes to throw bricks at the temple, and he hates deeply the fact that there are no bricks and no temples
    -Stephen Crane

So can anyone give a guess estimate till completion of the demo?

Emperor of Seanchan Member DragonR.'s Avatar

A lifetime, or two :D

Twice dawns the day when his blood is shed.
    Once for mourning, once for birth.
    Red on black, the Dragon's blood stains the rock of Shayol Ghul.
    In the Pit of Doom shall his blood free men from the shadow.

I'd like to talk with someone about volunteering my help to finish this project. I'm not sure what the prefered method is to contact someone from the team about something like this, so I just jumped in right here. If someone could send me an email at jporter1978@yahoo.com or just send a PM through this site, there are some things I want to discuss before I get too involved. Thanks.

Sounds really cool. :)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12