Thread: A mod with only new factions?

Default A mod with only new factions?

After several futile attempts at adding new factions to the VI expansion (I even used a walkthrough from this site but it still didn't work), I'd like to know if there are any mods that only add new factions to the game but DON'T change anything else (like adding new unit types or anything). I don't even care much about historical accuracy; I know Wales was never united during these periods but I'd like to see a Welsh faction, and as many others as possible!

Ja mata, TosaInu Forum Administrator edyzmedieval's Avatar

Default Re: A mod with only new factions?

Welcome Jared to the forum!!!

I have to dissapoint you.... There aren't any mods who add only factions...

For mods, I suggest you should try BKB's Super Mod 2.0 or VikingHorde's XL Mod... They're both awesome....
    Ja mata, TosaInu. You will forever be remembered.

Proud

Been to:

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming in France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A novel set before the war.

A Painted Shield of Honour - 1313. Templar Knights in France are in grave danger. Can they be saved?

Crusading historian Member cegorach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jared
    After several futile attempts at adding new factions to the VI expansion (I even used a walkthrough from this site but it still didn't work), I'd like to know if there are any mods that only add new factions to the game but DON'T change anything else (like adding new unit types or anything). I don't even care much about historical accuracy; I know Wales was never united during these periods but I'd like to see a Welsh faction, and as many others as possible!
    Adding new factions is a lot of more difficult than adding/modyfying units, so I DON'T think there ias a single one. It would be completely useless to do it. The whole fun of modification starts with adding new units, so sorry... The answer is no.

Regards Cegorach

Quote Originally Posted by Jared
    I don't think there is one for the Viking era, but if you wan't one that adds factions to MTW without adding new units, provinces and other stuff, then the XL mod version 1.2 might be the one for you.

You can get it here:
    http://www.3ddownloads.com/strategy-...W_XL_MOD12.zip

MTW XL version 3.0 out now! Get it here:
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=31201