Thread: Uploading Campaigns??

Senior Member Senior Member Zen Blade's Avatar

Hey guys,

where can I/ do we upload campaigns and such??
    As I don't have access on my computer at home, I can't mess around and figure it out there.

If someone can tell me, I would like to upload my first campaign (probably tomorrow--Monday).

It is nice and seem pretty balanced to me. Still trying to balance the Mori though, but the Eastern part of the map seems like a good balance so far.

-Zen Blade

------------------
    Zen Blade Asai
    Red Devil
    Last of the RSG
    Clan Tenki Council-Unity, Retired
    SHS Core Member
    Zen Blade Asai
    Red Devil
    Last of the RSG
    SHS Core Member, Retired
    Derelict from an older age.

Senior Member Senior Member Kraellin's Avatar

zen,

i believe it's the same routine for maps. go to the .org's main page, pick the maps/files/mods link. from there you can either pick the test area or the maps made with xpack editor.

if you pick the test area there is an uplink that will list your campaign on a page instantly, but no admin will check it for viruses or bugs.

if you the maps uplink someone will check the file for viruses and such and post it on one of the normal pages for this stuff.

the test area is mostly there so we can exchange and test each other's mods, maps, and scenarios and campaigns, but isnt really the main 'finished product' area. the other uplink is for the 'finished' stuff.

for a little better info on exact pages and links, ask tosa :)

K.

------------------
    I'm sorry, but i never apologize.

Nur-ad-Din Forum Administrator TosaInu's Avatar

Konnichiwa ZenBlade san,

The TestArea is for test files (most likely maps: do they work online 2 v 2?).
    I will not check or test these files.

Any final file should be uploaded by using the UpLoadTool http://www.totalwar.org/site/upload.php3

Editors and mods will be posted at the toolpage.

I'm looking forward to your scenario.

------------------
    Ja mata
    Toda MizuTosaInu
    Daimyo Takiyama Shi
    http://www.takiyama.cjb.net

[This message has been edited by TosaInu (edited 09-10-2001).]
    Ja mata

TosaInu

Senior Member Senior Member The Daimyo's Avatar

Err, umm...how big is your campaign? If it's under 5 megs, you can send it to me via email. I still need to put in some CGI apps at my server so I can make PTW as cool as de Org!

------------------
    The Daimyo
    Miaowara "Kakizaki" Tomokato
    @ http://www.planettotalwar.com

Campaign files are just TXT files you need to copy to particular locations in the STWWE directory, so the file size should be pretty small, less than 100KB. (well, unless Zen_Blade is putting in lots of his own additional work beyond what the campaign editor can do)

Ok,

just uploaded it...
    didn't see it, so I assume/hope it first needs Tosa's approval.

The name is "Nobunaga's Dilemma".
    The time is 1565 and is as historical as I could get it with the current limitations. (so, not too accurate.)
    :(

Anyways, hope you guys enjoy it.
    THE README file is useful, but not mandatory.

I WILL make a version 1.1 if anyone finds some major problems, or if I think I could make a good one.

I already have my next campaign in mind. (this one will be more of a constant battling (I think)...

-Zen Blade

------------------
    Zen Blade Asai
    Red Devil
    Last of the RSG
    SHS Core Member
    Zen Blade Asai
    Red Devil
    Last of the RSG
    SHS Core Member, Retired

Konnichiwa,

I'm very sorry Zen-Blade san, I see the file but I can't FTP it. The name has some special characters which may not be properly recognised on this server.

'The mapname can include special characters. Unfortunately special characters are not recognised properly by either our server or this Upload Tool. Please do only use letters, digits, spaces and underscores in the name of your ZipFile. If you upload another format either zip it or rename the file please. I apologize for the inconvenience. '

This also applies to other files, sorry for not being more exact.

Would you please rename it and upload it again?

------------------
    Ja mata
    Toda MizuTosaInu
    Daimyo Takiyama Shi

http://www.takiyama.cjb.net
    Ja mata

TosaInu

Zen-Blade san, another FTP tool was capable to get it. I played the scenario (Oda/expert) and it looks great.
    I'll post it
    Ja mata

TosaInu

Is it posted up yet Tosa??

if so, I would be honored if all you modders/patchers played it some and let me know what oyu guys think.

Don't just play Oda though. Others may provide more fun/interest depending on your personal style.

thanks tosa! glad it worked.

-it was made entirely from teh original STW editor by hecose as well as my typing in txt files.

-Zen Blade

------------------
    Zen Blade Asai
    Red Devil
    Last of the RSG
    SHS Core Member
    Zen Blade Asai
    Red Devil
    Last of the RSG
    SHS Core Member, Retired

Zen_Blade, the daimyo/heir problem/bug you are having with the custom campaigns might be because of how the campaign editor v1.0 creates the TXT file. In v1.1 I have fixed it to set province ownership first before creating any units or daimyos in the province. Try opening your Nobunaga's Dilemma campaign file with v1.1 and just save it. It will be saved in the new format and hopefully the bugs will be fixed. Let me know if it works.

Will custom campaigns overlap the game's original campaigns? Or will they be separate? Or maybe it's just a saved game file? Pls. tell me before trying it out. I'm quite a newbie in this aspect of the game.

The custom campaigns will be separate files and directories, as long as you don't give them the same names are the original campaigns.

After creating your own custom campaigns, you need to copy them to a directory under the STWWE directory. So just make sure your campaign has a different name and you won't overwrite the original files.

You will also need to copy some text and add it to an original file. Just be careful not to delete any of the existing content of that file. Just add your own new content.

Custom campaigns do not appear as saved games. They will appear as new campaigns you can play under the Play Game: Full Campaign menu of STWWE.

So, in conclusion, no, you don't need to overwrite any of the original STWWE files.