Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Factions

Earl Of Warwick/Wannabe Tuareg Member beauchamp's Avatar
    Minneapolis, Minnesota/Kaltenbach, Tiroll

Default Re: Factions

Aright, I get it now. So this is were the Tuaregs come from then! Oh yea, didn't mean to insult you with that, ahem, historicdork comment

Ya Misr!

no probelm

Originally from Tunisia, the Fatimid caliph el Moizz founded Cairo after his general Gaur conquered Egypt. When Arab clerics asked him on what authority he ruled, he pulled out his scimitar and showed it to them. In this portrait he is also apparently showing the city he founded.

and the abbasside caliphat harun receive a delegation from charlamagne

battle between arab and franks
    the battle of manzakert between the seljuks and byzance under the empror romanus

battle crusaders against muslm

Wow! those are some awsome screens, altough the arabs look a bit scrawney...

Ya Misr!

Thread killer Member Rodion Romanovich's Avatar

I agree, really cool images, I'm thinking about making one of them my desktop background as a matter of fact . Maybe we should change Great Moravia into Fatimids or Seldjuks after all I'd like to hear what edyz thinks about that idea... I think I'm in favor of Fatimids more than Seldjuks though, because they could be included from start or almost from start...
    Under construction...

"In countries like Iran, Saudi Arabia and Norway, there is no separation of church and state." - HoreTore

yes i agree with you,and for the seljuks no probleme,in the end of the modder the abbasside can recruits seljuks units and we can add an agent "the sultan" who have the control of armies and the empires and the caliphat who have only a moral controle.
    or the abbasside kaliphat will have the same controle who have the pope.declaring jihads some thing like that.
    this 'i my idea but i think adding the fatimide is a good idea and olso logical.

I just wonder who will make all those arab units.
    Check the magyar units and tell me how are going. I need more feedback and pics, and hints.

Bye

Ja mata, TosaInu Forum Administrator edyzmedieval's Avatar

I say Fatimids.

We didn't get much info for Great Moravia....

Or much better: Almohad(or Almoravid) Caliphate. Full power!!!
    Last edited by edyzmedieval; 03-18-2006 at 22:16.
    Ja mata, TosaInu. You will forever be remembered.

Proud

Been to:

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming in France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A novel set before the war.

A Painted Shield of Honour - 1313. Templar Knights in France are in grave danger. Can they be saved?

i think taking fatimide or almoravides is the better choice,
    but i prefere fatimide(shia who hate sunni more than others) more than the almoravides(sunni).and this is a picture of battle betwenn el cid(rodrigo diaz de bivar) and almoravides:

almohades appears in 1145 they crush the almoravides they interred marakech in the same year and they kill the last almoravide emir.

image of arab units:

the siege:

I think that the Almoravids will suit better.

I want to hear your opinions.

Proud

Been to:

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming in France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A novel set before the war.

A Painted Shield of Honour - 1313. Templar Knights in France are in grave danger. Can they be saved?

I vote Almoravids, because of the Tuarges.

Ya Misr!

Ok I don't mind an Almoravids faction but I just think it'll run over Al-Andalus when it comes and then we would have done just as well with making the Al-Andalus faction become Almoravids by scripting, then we could add another faction too. At least that's what we planned all along - to have Al-Andalus begin as the Cordoba Emirate and then by scripting "become" the Almoravids. Thoughts on this?
    Under construction...

"In countries like Iran, Saudi Arabia and Norway, there is no separation of church and state." - HoreTore

Oooohhh....

Then we need another faction. Fatimids?

Proud

Been to:

Yes, Fatimids, Great Moravia, and Seldjuks are the main candidates seen from a historical point of view. And I personally prefer Fatimids
    Under construction...

It depends also on what the public wants....Seldjuks are itneresting but they are closer to the end date of the mod.

Proud

Been to:

Default Re : Re: Factions

yes the seljuks appear in the end of the mod and but you can replace the abbassides by seljuks ,like al andalus and almoravides,is this a good idea ?

Hmmm, The Seljuks and the Almoravides are realistic factions at the starting 'date' of AOVAF ?

I think the Abbassides and the Al Andalus are more realistic factions for the starting date, no ?

What is the starting date, btw..

843 is the starting age.

Abbasids can't turn into Seldjuks. Abbasids dissapeared completely in the 13th century. Fatimids descended from Abbasids.

Proud

Been to:

you can do one thing,make the abbassides under the protectorat of the seljuks they will have only the provence of baghdad,and the seljuks controls all the other provence,my idea is making the caliphat of baghdad like the pope of rome the same role,the abbasside declare jihad against christiens or pagan,and the possibility of ex-com.

Default It was the Danish Viking Rollo who sighed Paris and of whom William the conqueror is

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    It was the Danish Viking Rollo who sighed Paris and of whom William the conqueror is descended!

“The Duchy of Normandy, originally a part of France, was in 911 AD granted to the Norwegian viking Hrolf the Ganger as tribute after a several years long siege of Paris.”

“Hrolf the Ganger, the founder of Normandy, was according to the legend son of a Norwegian Jarl, and his cognomen, meaning "the walker", was attributed to him because he was so large that no horse could carry him.”

This is all wrong!

Dudo of St. Quentin: De moribus et actis primorum Normanniæ Ducum

Om danerfyrsten Rollos fordrivelse fra danernes rige og kampe for at vinde nyt land (ca. 1015) oversat og kommenteret af Erling Albrectsen, Odense Universitetsforlag

According to this old text (De moribus et actis primorum Normanniæ Ducum) translated to Danish by Erling Albrectsen from Odense university, Normandy was founded by the Danish Viking Rollo who got it from the france king Karl.

“Franken er i knæ, og kongen presses af sit folk for at indgå fred med danerne. Rollo går med til fred mod at få kong Karls datter, samt Normandiet (fra Floden Epte i Øst og til havet i Vest) og Bretagne. Han døbes år 912 under navnet Robert og går i gang med at genopbygge landet – kirker, klostre, forsvarsanlæg. Fem år før sin død overdrager han magten til sin søn, Vilhelm I. Han dør formentligt 932”

Here it says that France is at its knees and is forced to make peace with the Danes (Dacerne - not the Norwegian) Rollo will make peace on the condition that he get Carls daughter and the duchy of Normandy. 932 he is baptised and gets the Christian name Robert. Now he rebuild the land and build churches. Five years before his death he gives the throne to his son Wilhelm I. Rollo properly dies in 932.

Another source, Vilhelm of Jumièges: Guillaume de Jumièges Gesta Normannorum also translated by Erling Albrectsen.

Her it also says that Rollo is Danish

”Faderen sendte ham straks efter til Bayeux og overgav ham til sin hærfører, Boso, til opfostring, for at han der kyndigt oplært i det danske sprog kunne give sine fra udlandet kommende folk passende svar i samtale [ut ibi lingua eruditus Danica, suis exterisque hominibus sciret apte dare responsa]”

Her it is clear that Rollo is Danish because he sends his son to the city Bayeux to learn Danish (Danica) language. Under the protection of Boso.

In the same text:

”Da imidlertid den store fyrstes tapperhed og fromhed blev kendt gennem hans ry, ankom kong Harald af Danmark [Danorum rex], fordrevet fra riget af sin søn, Svend, med tresindstyve skibe fyldte med våbnede besætninger til Normandiet, med bøn om bistand. Den mægtige og ædelt tænkende hertug modtog ham med tilbørlig hæder og overlod ham grevskabet Coutances som fast støttepunkt, indtil han efter at have bygget skibe og gjort hæren fuldtallig og stærkere med øget antal mænd kunne drage tilbage til sit tabte rige.”

Rollos reputation was so great that king Harald of Denmark (Danorum rex) flied to Normandy with 60 ships after his brother Sven had taken the power in Denmark. The mighty and noble duke (Rollo) Received Harald with glory and gave him the province of Coutances until he was strong enough to return and retake the lost realm.
    I
    nformation from Danish History site

http://www.nomos-dk.dk/skraep/dudo2.htm

What source do you have that say Rollo is Norwegien?? Is it just because the name “Normandy” and ”Norway” looks a like??

Thanks.

Can you assemble a list of Danish kings?

Proud

Been to:

Default Danish line of kings

If you can translate my bad English I will do my best to help you …just don’t make the mod die. I hope you change the things about Normandy and Rollo soon. It’s not possible for me to find all the Danish kings (Danish kings outside Denmark – like Rollo), but I have found the kings of Denmark. Maybe later, when I am finished with the exams, I will rite the names of there women and children – as fare as possible. I really hope you will use the original Danish names. If necessary you can rite the English translation next to it.

Kings of Denmark, According to legend:

Year 300-400 Dan

Humble

Lotther

Skjold

Halvdan

Frode Fredegod

Year 400 - 500 Roar

Year 400 - 500 Helge

Year 400 - 500 Rolf Krake

? Hjarvard

Year 400 - 500 Vermund og Uffe hin Spage

About 515 Chochilaicus (Hugleik)

Ca. 710 Ogendus (Agantyr)

Ca. 710 -770 Harald Hildetand

770- ca.800 Sigfred

ca. 800 - 810 Godfred (Gøtrik)

810-812 Hemming

død 812 Sigfred II

død 812 Anulo

død 852 Harald Klak

død 814 Regindfrid

død 873 Rudolf

sidst omtalt i 873 Rorik

813 - 854 Horik I

før 857- efter 864 Horik II

873 - 887 Sigfred III

levede 873 Halvdan

890 erne Helge

ca. 910 Olaf (Olaph)

efter 910 Gyrd (Gurd)

efter 910 Gnupa (Chnob)

før 920 Sigtryg (Sigerich)

ca. 920-ca. 934 Hardeknud (Hardegon)

Kings of Denmark, According to history :

Ca. 936 - 958 Gorm den Gamle (The old) - Thyra

958 - 986 Harald Blåtand (Bluetooth) - Gunhild

986 - 1014 Svend Tveskæg (Forkbeard)

1014 - 1018 Harald II

1018 - 1035 Knud den Store (the great) - Emma

1035 - 1042 Hardeknud

1042 - 1047 Magnus den Gode (The good)

1047 - 1074 Svend Estridsen

1074 - 1080 Harald Hen

1080 - 1086 st. Knud den Hellige (The holy)

1086 - 1095 Oluf Hunger (starvation)

1095 - 1103 Erik Ejegod (The good)

1104 - 1134 Niels den gamle (The old)

1134 - 1137 Erik Emune

1137 - 1146 Erik Lam

1146 - 1157 Svend Grathe

1146 - 1157 Knud III

1157 - 1182 Valdemar den Store (The great)

1182 - 1202 Knud IV

1202 - 1241 Valdemar Sejr (The victoirous)

1241 - 1250 Erik Plovpenning (Ploughpenny)

1250 - 1252 Abel

1252 - 1259 Christoffer I

1259 - 1286 Erik Klipping

1286 - 1319 Erik Menved

1319 - 1326 Christoffer II

1326 - 1330 Valdemar III

Thank you very much.

Proud

Been to:

I’m glad I can help. I have not specified the information because I’m not sure what timeline you have chosen for the mod. But later if you give me the time period, I will give you some more detail, fx family information.

starts 843 AD, ends 1099 AD
    Under construction...

Join the ICLADOLLABOJADALLA! Member IrishArmenian's Avatar

I just want to step into the life of Brian Boru and unite Eire (sorry don't know how to make the accent) under my rule. Then go the extra mile(s) and conquer Britain, then possibly France, then Germany and then the Norse lands. that is just plan A, but I will surely have to rethink it.

"Half of your brain is that of a ten year old and the other half is that of a ten year old that chainsmokes and drinks his liver dead!" --Hagop Beegan

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456