Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Need help installing on new comp

Default Re: AW: Need help installing on new comp

Ive tried that on the original disc and in the temp folder i created. I run it and nothing happens, although in task manager (processes) it is actually running in the background. I dont understand why or where the setup is getting stuck.. ?? Am i the only person to have this problem?? :(

If the setup is getting stuck it may be due to a problem with the windows installer service.

Go to start -> run and enter "cmd".

Enter the following command: "net start msiserver"

Post the output of this command here.

Try running the setup from the CDROM again.
    Last edited by caravel; 09-28-2009 at 16:13.

Default Re: Need help installing on new comp

After this i tried running the setup from disc again and still same result. I also tried renaming the setup.exe file in the temp folder and no change. I installed the directX drivers also incase it was a graphics issue. Again im at a loose end

This is odd indeed...

Try running the following from the command line:

Code:
    net start "DCOM Server Process Launcher"
    (include the double quotes)

Post the output.

Try running setup.exe again.

If it still fails to run can you take this disc to another PC, run the setup program from there and see if it works?

Do other .msi setup programs install ok?
    Last edited by caravel; 09-28-2009 at 22:20.

Ive followed your instructions and still not getting anything :(

Tomorrow ill try and install on another system and hope for the best..

... and yes all other setup files work fine, this is the first time ive had this problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Asai Nagamasa View Post
    If it still fails to run can you take this disc to another PC, run the setup program from there and see if it works?
    Try this next, if it doesn't work on another machine then you will know that it's your disc that has a problem. If so, then you will need to exchange it from where you bought it.

Hey everyone. I'm a new member trying to install STW WE on my swanky new PC. I'm running Windows 7 64 bit. The installer runs, but the moment it starts copying files it throws an error. It says the video files can't be copied over. I've tried opening the video files from the disk, and they don't play properly. They won't even play properly if I copy them to the hard disk myself. I have tried the disk on my Win98SE machine and everything works, except for the fact that my old machine suffers from chronic random crashes, hence the new machine.
    MTW works ok, but the resolution is stuck on naff. I might post about that elsewhere.
    It's quite bizarre to have a new machine that will not run programs for previous versions of its OS.
    Changing the compatibility settings does not help. Do I need a Win98SE emulator?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345