Thread: Is this a bug?

Sometimes when I invade an enemy province the AI sends some or all of the troops from that province around my army into the province it came from.
    Is this a bug or just a really stupid game design.

//Dagwan

Then, you are the first person ever to see this. I certainly have never heard of this before - it's supposed to be impossible.

The AI does cheat somewhat in this respect, as it can sense when you will attack and attack another province with the army you were about to annihilate. But it's not supposed to be able to attack any province where *you're* attacking it from. Are you sure that happened?

(Clarification: if you attack the AI [who is camping in province B] with your armies from province A, it's not supposed to be able to attack province A from province B that turn. However, it's perfectly possible he will attack province A from province C, and often does. So keep your borders secure. Confusing...)

------------------
    "Never, youths, however wretched, / Nor in future, upgrown heroes, / Whether you have large possessions, / Or are poor in your possessions, / In the course of your lifetime, / While the golden moon is shining, / May you woo a golden woman, / Or distress yourselves for silver, /For the gleam of gold is freezing, / Only frost is breathed by silver."
    -The Kalevala, Poem XXXVIII, verses 241-250
    "It is a good viewpoint to see the world as a dream. When you have something like a nightmare, you will wake up and tell yourself that it was only a dream. It is said that the world we live in is not a bit different from this".
    - Yamamoto Tsunetomo: Hagakure

Hi guys....
    Happend to me many times....AI attacks the province i am attacking from...kinda anoying!

------------------
    May the honour be with you all....
    -LinkSan
    May the honour be with you all....
    -LinkSan Daimyo of The Chain Clan

Yep. It did infact happened to me many times.
    A great warrior rarely reveal his true skills....

It has happened to me enough times to cause me to always leave a unit behind however small it may be. I have never seen the AI pass me to attack an occupied area in this way.

Obviously the AI gets to react to your moves each turn after the fact. If it didn't it would be weaker still than it is. IMO the AI isn't all that bad really. It blunders more than it dazzles but it is pretty slick from time to time. I've certainly seen worse.
    Time flies like the wind. Fruit flies like bananas.

Happened to me a few times and i lost my capital in one of them!!

-Remember today is the first day of the rest of your life!-

A member of Clan Doragon

If you can read this you don't need glasses

this happened to me last weekend

ProvinceA (mine): 300 men
    ProvinceB (AI) : 800
    other provinces attacking ProvB: 500

i had saved before this happened

i attack B with all i got leaving 1 unit garrisons behind
    B attacks me in A and wins but loses B

i reload

and leave 200 men in A and attack with the rest 600 v 600 in B
    and 200 v 200 in A

so the attacking units from A fight once as they should and the units i left in A defend against the B's attackers

so what's my point....i've been ill the last few days

------------------
    Hirosito Mori

A warrior's wisdom is shown in the treating of his defeated opponent
    Hirosito Mori

Hirosito the Baptist of the Babbiest Babe Thread.

Gentile or Jew
    O you who turn the wheel and look to windward,
    Consider Phlebas, who was once handsome and tall as you.

In the history of warefare I've read of 2 offenses kicking off at the same time with neither side therefore being the defender.

I suppose the benefit of the AI doing this is a reduced enemy in the province the human is attacking.

Say the AI loses its attack and you won yours where do the losing AI forces end up?

Summa Rudis Senior Member Catiline's Avatar

They just disappear like armies defeated in an isolated province.

------------------
    It's not a bug, it's a feature
    Quo usque tandem abutere, Catilina, patientia nostra

It happens so often that I usually leave 120 men or so as a precaution-it seems to deter them anyway.
    What I did have happen 6 months ago-but never since-was on Shimazu/normal,holding a line Wakasa/Omi/Iga and besieging some Ronin in Ise.Everyone in Iga was sent to shore up the forces in Omi.Next thing,300 or so members of the Hojo Horde,nearest province Owari, popped up in Iga.Must have bought tunnelling equipment from the Portuguese.
    "St Juniper once said, 'By his loins shall ye know him and by the length of his rod shall he be measured.' The length of my rod is a mystery to all but the Queen, and a thousand Turkish whores, but the
    fruits of my loins are here for all to see. I have two sons, Henry and.... another one.
    Step forward, Harry, Prince of Wales."

( King Richard in Blackadder)

Dagwan: This is the natural consequence of play on the strategy map being turn based. The AI is moving after you make your moves. Now, if the AI can see into provinces it shouldn't be able too, to my mind that would be cheating.

Mizuyuuki ~~~
    Clan Takiyama ~~~

_________Designed to match Original STW gameplay.

Beta 8 + Beta 8.1 patch + New Maps + Sound add-on + Castles 2