Thread: Help: AI and reenforcements

Default Help: AI and reenforcements

Okay, I have seen how the AI handles reenforcements and there is no way I want it doing so. (Attack the spearmen head on with the General's heavy Cav while the Principes throw their javs.)

I read in one of the faq's that I should be able to control them myself if there are a total of less than 20 units. There is a icon next to them on the initial screen after you initiate the battle that says next to it that the AI will control them. However, I cannot toggle it. I only have 9 total units, 4 in a beseiged city and 4 outside supporting. Do I have to change a game setting somewhere to allow me to toggle this?

Default Re: Help: AI and reenforcements

When a general is in charge of the reinforcements, they will be controlled by the AI. When a captain controls the reinforcements, they will only come into play filling in for open slots on your original army (so, when you already had less then 20 units, some reinforcements come into play directly. Otherwise, you would have to dismiss some original units or get them wiped out before you get a reinforcement unit). These units will be controlled by yourself. (so in that case, you can have a general and a captain or 2 captains under your direct command. Hope this is of any assistance.

You have 1.2 right? In 1.2, you can choose to have them drip feed like troops under a captain.

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus
    When a general is in charge of the reinforcements, they will be controlled by the AI. When a captain controls the reinforcements, they will only come into play filling in for open slots on your original army (so, when you already had less then 20 units, some reinforcements come into play directly. Otherwise, you would have to dismiss some original units or get them wiped out before you get a reinforcement unit). These units will be controlled by yourself. (so in that case, you can have a general and a captain or 2 captains under your direct command. Hope this is of any assistance.
    Thanks, that worked. (I took my general out of the reinforcement stack.)

YOU DON'T HAVE TO. just download 1.2 and you can control them your self.