Thread: Probably out of the scope of script modding...

Default Probably out of the scope of script modding...

I want to change the algorithms used to determine a city's income as displayed underneath the city and on the front page of its scroll. If I can't do this through more accessible means I'll have to resort to disassembly.

Anyone know anything about this?

Default Re: Probably out of the scope of script modding...

There's various different ways you can _change_ a city's income through modding such as adding resources and buildings and so forth, but no way that you can change _how_ the income is calculated.
    Epistolary Richard's modding Rules of Cool
    Cool modders make their mods with the :mod command line switch
    If they don't, then Cool mod-users use the Mod Enabler (JSGME)
    Cool modders use show_err
    Cool modders use the tutorials database Cool modders check out the Welcome to the Modding Forums! thread Cool modders keep backups Cool modders help each other out

All right I'm gonna take a looksee at the executable and see if this is patchable. Thanks for the information.

Spends his time on TWC Member Simetrical's Avatar

Well, you'll obviously have to crack the EXE if you want to do that. You realize the machine code isn't exposed, right?

-Simetrical
    TWC Administrator

MediaWiki Developer

Quote Originally Posted by Simetrical
    Well, you'll obviously have to crack the EXE if you want to do that. You realize the machine code isn't exposed, right?

-Simetrical
    lol...of course the machine code is "exposed", what else is a machine going to process if not the machine code? =x

It doesn't require any "cracking", there's nothing between me and disassembly of the program, it's the analysis and modification that poses challenge.