Thread: UnitProd problem: earning money when increasing stats in custom battle

Question UnitProd problem: earning money when increasing stats in custom battle

Hi everyone, i wonder if anyone have a solution for my problem.
    When i upgrade some units in custom battle (valour, weapon or armor), the cost of this unit begins to decrease and i can even earn money !

This problem affect only some archers (not every units using a bow).
    I looked at the projectile stats file, just to be sure and i dont see why this bug occurs.

The hair proves it... Senior Member EatYerGreens's Avatar

Default Re: UnitProd problem: earning money when increasing stats in custom battle

I forget the details of how/why this is but, you know how there's a 'premium' charge, for picking more than 4 of a unit type? Well, there's some kind of discount system for archers, where you are not penalised so heavily for a 5th archer unit. It's possible that this is done by a simple subtraction.

The problem with that is the valour/weapon/armour upgrades use a multiplication formula and it seems this is magnifying the size of the discount!!

EYG

Default Re: UnitProd problem: earning money when increasing stats in custom battle

That's due to the missile unit's cost reduction subtracting a minimum fixed amount of florins from an upgrade, so I presume that you have set a (missile) unit's price too low. But you can fix that as well, IIRC you just set the price you desire to be applied as a cost reduction in field 38 in the Projectiles files.

BTW, I didn't notice this thread was some months old heh
    Last edited by L'Impresario; 10-10-2005 at 08:56.
    [VDM]Alexandros
    -------------------------------------------
    DUX: a VI MP enhancement mod
    -Version 0.4 is out
    -Comments/Technical Problems are welcome here
    -New forum on upcoming DUX tourney and new site (under construction).