Thread: Back from the Model UN

Default Back from the Model UN

Yesterday I had the privelidge of taking part in the Model UN Assembly. My group of 4 were representing North Korea and by god was it fun. We had a picture of Kim Jong Il on our desk adn every possible moment praised Dear Leader. The adjudicaters said we represented our country perfectly. But due to the point system there we only got 3rd place with 39 points (2 groups got 40 points, zimbabwee and Kuwait) which ain't bad considering iraq got 25 points.

I found it gave me an interesting perspecive into an organisation I have always hated with my very being. Those delegates must have a hell of a lot of fun!

When not trying to get sanctions put on america for launching a "pre-emptive" strike against iraq we were chatting up Pakistan and Insulting Norway (both teams from our sister school.)

Anyway point of all this is Model UN is fun, and I wanted to ask, is North Korea really as messed up as my research would have indicated. I had to do a speach on womens rights, the only way to find information is to skim through a 20 page document about how north korea mistreats women....
    And my coach told use that North Koreans eat dead bodies they are so hungry.

I came across one link that made me sick in the way it just went around these issues and started saying they were myths and that any US strike against Korea should be fought against. All this stuff about how great things are in Korea and that South Korea is to blame for the Korean War. I'm afraid I can't find the link anymore, are any lefties on this forum that misguided?
    Viva La Rasa!!!

Feeding the Peanut Gallery Senior Member Redleg's Avatar

Default Re: Back from the Model UN

Quote Originally Posted by Efrem
    Yesterday I had the privelidge of taking part in the Model UN Assembly. My group of 4 were representing North Korea and by god was it fun. We had a picture of Kim Jong Il on our desk adn every possible moment praised Dear Leader. The adjudicaters said we represented our country perfectly. But due to the point system there we only got 3rd place with 39 points (2 groups got 40 points, zimbabwee and Kuwait) which ain't bad considering iraq got 25 points.
    Congrats on doing well

Anyway point of all this is Model UN is fun, and I wanted to ask, is North Korea really as messed up as my research would have indicated. I had to do a speach on womens rights, the only way to find information is to skim through a 20 page document about how north korea mistreats women....
    And my coach told use that North Koreans eat dead bodies they are so hungry.
    There have been rumors of cannibalism (SP) coming out of North Korea for many years. Having been in South Korea only - I can only confirm that I have heard such rumors - but I don't really have any realible information that states it as a fact. A famine has been on going in North Korea for over 10 years now - I first heard about the famine in 1994 and it was confirmed then, however I do not believe its gotten any better for North Korea over the last 10 years.

I came across one link that made me sick in the way it just went around these issues and started saying they were myths and that any US strike against Korea should be fought against. All this stuff about how great things are in Korea and that South Korea is to blame for the Korean War. I'm afraid I can't find the link anymore, are any lefties on this forum that misguided?
    Considering the history of the Korean Conflict clearly shows North Korea advanced into South Korea - its kind of hard to say South Korea is to blame when North Korea was the aggressor.

Yep the North Korean site is full of propaganda - its actually kind of fun to read it every now and then. Going to have to check the sites out again when I get off work.
    O well, seems like 'some' people decide to ruin a perfectly valid threat. Nice going guys... doc bean

Default Re: Back from the Model UN

Yeah, the North korean site is great, however I wasn't talkign about that.

I just found the site, here it is
    http://www.greenleft.org.au/back/2003/537/537p21.htm

Tis a worrying sign of just how stupid people can be. espeicially when they want to believe it.
    Viva La Rasa!!!