Thread: From the mouths of babes

Member Member The Electric Celt's Avatar

Default From the mouths of babes

Tickled pink last night.Took our lass up Sandal castle last night to watch the sun set
    (Est. by the normans 1117 ish,scene of the battle of Wakefield 1460 where the then Duke of York was mortally wounded whilst a young, future Richard III awaited the outcome)
    Anyway, started pontificating on the history and mentioned that this was a originally a motte & bailey castle

"Oh I've heard of them,they must have been busy designers building so many across England"

She was serious.
    Laugh? I almost spilt my beer
    BREED MORE CONSUMERS

Everyone's entitled to my opinion

Senior Member Senior Member English assassin's Avatar

Default Re: From the mouths of babes

Didn't Motte go on to present "Changing Dungeons" ?
    "The only thing I've gotten out of this thread is that Navaros is claiming that Satan gave Man meat. Awesome." Gorebag

Quote Originally Posted by The Electric Celt
    ...She was serious...
    Would've hurt real bad if she was being sarcastic.
    "Winner of the 1st "Shamble's Total War Tournament,
    with 0 losses to his name.
    Hunkin Elvis
    "

-Shambles

These titles are too shor Member TonkaToys's Avatar

Heh, we were watching England playing Rugby in the Six Nations a couple of years ago and Jonny Wilkinson scored a fantastic try having had a blinder of a match anyway, so my g/f says... "What we need is a pack of Jonnys"!
    Heh.

Standing Up For Rationality Senior Member Ronin's Avatar

Default Russian crackpot tries to sue NASA over "deep impact"

i tough the US of A was the land of dumb lawsuits...this one takes the cake tough
    Russian astrologer cleared to sue NASA over plans to bombard "sentimental" comet
    Click to Visit
    MOSCOW (AFP) May 06, 2005
    A Russian court ruled that an astrologer could proceed with a lawsuit against the US National Aeronautics and Space Administration for plans to bombard a comet whose destruction would "disrupt the natural balance of the universe," ITAR-TASS said Friday.

Star-reader Marina Bai's case was thrown out of a lower court because Russia has no jurisdiction over NASA, but the ruling was overturned when her lawyer, Alexandra Molokhova, was able to show that the agency's office in the US embassy in Moscow does fall under Russian jurisdiction.

Bai seeks a ruling that would restrict NASA in its plans to annihilate a section of the Tempel 1 comet in a project that has been dubbed "Deep Impact", as well as punitive damages of 8.7 billion rubles (300 million dollars, 240 million euros).

"My client believes that the NASA project infringes upon her spiritual and life values as well as the natural life of the cosmos and would disrupt the natural balance of forces in the universe," Molokhova was quoted as saying.

The lawyer said Tempel 1 had sentimental value to Bai because her grandparents met when her grandfather pointed the comet out to his future wife.

In a 279-million-dollar (215-million-euro) project, NASA in January launched the Deep Impact spacecraft which will travel to the comet and release an "impactor" -- a 370-kilogram (820-pound) self-guided mass -- on US Independence Day (July 4) which is expected to create a crater that could be as large as a football stadium.

Scientists believe that the exposed material from the resulting crater will yield clues to the formation of the solar system and provide important information on altering the course of comets or asteroids on a collision course with earth.

Effects of the collision will be visible from earth with an amateur telescope, according to the mission's website.

Source
    "If given the choice to be the shepherd or the sheep... be the wolf"
    -Josh Homme
    "That's the difference between me and the rest of the world! Happiness isn't good enough for me! I demand euphoria!"
    - Calvin

boy of DESTINY Senior Member Big_John's Avatar

Default Re: Russian crackpot tries to sue NASA over "deep impact"

haha, awesome. it would suck if your grandparents comet got ruined by NASA.. but them's the breaks. but how do you sue someone for disrupting the natural balance of the universe, what are the damages? well, i guess that balance is important to an astrologer..
    now i'm here, and history is vindicated.

Default Re: Russian crackpot tries to sue NASA over "deep impact"

Yeah I heard about that one

I don`t think it was a good thing that Armstrong planted his big boots on the Moon either, it feels like he`s stepping on my nerves
    Runes for good luck:

[1 - exp(i*2π)]^-1