Thread: Check out the new King Kong trailer

Senior Member Senior Member Forward Observer's Avatar

Default Check out the new King Kong trailer

Tell me this doesn't look like it won't be one damn fun flick to see.

http://www.kingkongmovie.com/ef23952.../en_large.html

Having just made my first visit to NYC, weekend before last, and going up in the Empire State building, I couldn't help but think about this movie.

The neat thing is that they are going to set it in the 1930's just like the period when the original was made. This is how CGA technology should be used.

Kong against a T-Rex! Woot!
    Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a vulgar brawl.

Don't worry, I don't exist Member King of Atlantis's Avatar

Default Re: Check out the new King Kong trailer

There is already a thread about this, but it is in the second page. Unless this is a NEWER trailer.

Very Senior Member Gawain of Orkeny's Avatar

Well heres the original thread

LINK

But this is certainly a new trailer and far superior to the first two. All I can say is WOW. I see they have many of the scenes almost exactly the same as te original movie. The shots of NYC are great. he girl is gorgeous and what can you say about KONG. I hope my first impression was wrong . This looks like it could really be a winner.
    Last edited by Gawain of Orkeny; 07-02-2005 at 06:56.
    Fighting for Truth , Justice and the American way

Sorry, if I posted slightly old news, but I did a simple search for the words "King Kong" and came up with 10 hits---none of which were the previous thread. Guess I should have tried an advanced search, but at least it was a new trailer.

Even though the movie was made in 1933, it was re-released for the theaters in the very early 50's. My mom went to see it and took me along. I was born in 1945, so I only 6 or 7 years old at the time. It scared me so much, at that age, that big monkeys were my nightmare monsters for years afterwards--along with Gort the robot from "The day the Earth stood still".

They actually made a sequel to the movie called "Son of Kong" where Carl Denham (played by again by Robert Armstrong) returns to the island and finds a slightly smaller Kong Jr. One has to wonder what happened to Mrs. Kong. I suspect she left him because he was fooling around with Fay Wray
    in the first movie.

Armstrong also played a character in the 1940's giant ape movie "Mighty Joe Young". This movie actually won an academy award for special effects.

Anyway, it will be nice to see what they can do with the CGA technologies available now. It could not help but be better than the 1970's stinko remake by Dino DeLaurentiis. The only thing good about that version was getting to see Jessica Lange topless.

Cheers

I was born in 1945, so I only 6 or 7 years old at the time.
    Wow and I thought I was the senior member around here. You got 3 years on me.

They actually made a sequel to the movie called "Son of Kong" where Carl Denham (played by again by Robert Armstrong) returns to the island and finds a slightly smaller Kong Jr. One has to wonder what happened to Mrs. Kong. I suspect she left him because he was fooling around with Fay Wray
    I loved that movie too. The end where he saves them all and gets his foot caufght really gets to me as he sinks slowly beneath the sea and the last thng you see is his bandaged hand waving goodbye. I never thought about a Mrs Komg till now. Maybe a good Isea for another sequal. Wife of Kong.

Boondock Saint Senior Member The Blind King of Bohemia's Avatar

Son of Kong is pretty shite, the ending still perplexs me. Why did the Island sink? It just seemed really rushed but the fight between him and Giant Bear was good. It could have been fantastic but they seemed to go for a more comic stance which didn't do it for me.

FO, you didn't ever see the Valley of the spiders sequence when you saw Kong as a nipper? Just wondering because it was a scene cut from the 1933 version but many claim to have seen it. It occurs when Kong throws the men of the log and instead of just seeing them fall they hit the valley floor to be tore apart by Giant Spiders, a Lizard(the same one you see climbing the vine to get at Jack Driscoll) and an Octopus/crab style creature.

Heres a still from the scene in question:

http://www.badmovieplanet.com/3bthea...ngdeleted.html
    Last edited by The Blind King of Bohemia; 07-02-2005 at 19:43.

I just hopong they incude the scene where Kong strips off the Girls dress. They didnt used to show that or him stomping people on tv.

Son of Kong is pretty shite, the ending still perplexs me. Why did the Island sink?
    Well I liked it. The island sunk do to an volcanic eruption as a i remeber though it seemed more like an earthquake.

Did you guys know that Kong was the movie that got Ray Harrihaussen(sp( interested in stop aninmation? Seven years later he met the guy who did it on Kong and he took Ray under his wing. Together they made another well known and beloved giant ape movie called Mighty Joe Young.

Boondock Saint Senior Member The Blind King of Bohemia's Avatar

I heard RH wanted to do a remake of King Kong in the sixties called The Legend of King Kong using stop motion animation but due to disputes and various other things it wasn't to be. It would have been great to see it as his work on the Sinbad films i truely love.

FO, you didn't ever see the Valley of the spiders sequence when you saw Kong as a nipper? Just wondering because it was a scene cut from the 1933 version but many claim to have seen it. It occurs when Kong throws the men of the log and instead of just seeing them fall they hit the valley floor to be tore apart by Giant Spiders, a Lizard(the same one you see climbing the vine to get at Jack Driscoll) and an Octopus/crab style creature.
    I don't remember spiders, but then I was only 6 or 7 at the time. Actually, I remember the movie more from seeing it in later years on TV, and I am sure by then they had edited the crap out of it.

There were no restrictions on movie content in the early 30's, so they could get away with more than they could in later years when there was a movie censoring commission. I think there were some pretty revealing shots of Faye Wray that got edited out in later years.

I also remember reading about a huge dispute over the "Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn" line from Gone with the Wind because of this. That kind of language is in Disney movies now.

Cheers

By the way, Ubisoft previewed a movie licensed King Kong game at E3.

Supposedly Peter Jackson, the director of the movie, will have a hand in production of the game. It will probably suck as most movie based games do, but one can hope.

Here's one preview:

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/ki...w_6126117.html

Edited to fix the link
    Last edited by Forward Observer; 07-03-2005 at 21:19.

Don't worry, I don't exist Member King of Atlantis's Avatar

Hey i just saw the trailor in the movies