Thread: Help if you can

Default Help if you can

ok im not a vet at this i can barely win a battle if its evan anyway, im getting frustrated that the Oda always get overun by rebels, it not fun when you want to attack the Oda and they have been reduced to one or two provinces, is their anyway to stop the clans from getting overun is all i am trying to say.

also thisn gets on my nerves the shimuzu clan are always nthe most advance 9/10 of the games ive played has this happened to you and is their a way to stop them getting advanced all the time

Default Re: Help if you can

This happens in the earlier campaigns because the AI is too aggressive.

You could play one of the later campaigns, or install my Shogun_Amagiv1.7 mod from 3ddownloads

The mod alters the strategic AI of the other clans, and makes Oda's peasants more effective. The 1545 campaign is for players who want to start small. You can play the original campaigns as well, they should have been improved.

do you mean campaing(sp) 1580 and 1550 if so the same thing happens oda gets whiped out by the rebels and left with like ide or some other province

I haven't actually played the originals for a long time, but Oda's fate is easy to believe.

One of the main motivations for my mod was to correct this problem. It doesn't make the AI clans very hard, but they will defeat the rebels. Shimazu have a fairly easy time, as do Hojo and Mori, but if you play as one of the others you should enjoy the game much more.

i didn't want to use a mod, i have been going round these forums for the last week nd just registered today, the only reason i don't want to use a mod is if it won't change back, i saw a mod for like 1570 or something and if i di that it would delete my 1580 campaign someone said.........is that true if not then i may do it.

No, your campaign would not be deleted.

If you wanted to play the original game, or multiplayer, you would have to restore the original files from the 'original data' folder that comes with the mod, or play using the modded values, which isn't allowed in multiplayer. Overwriting the modded files with the originals is as easy as installing the mod itself.

The original campaigns still exist and can be played with the modded values, but I'm not sure that you could continue a campaign. But if you prefer the original, just remove the mod.

i like the origial but the only prob are the oda which i said above thats what gets me frustrated so i may use a mod later because i really have no time to play STW/WE since my college work is getting marks now so i have to wait for it

Weird Organism Senior Member Drisos's Avatar

Hello dias! Welcome to the .org! Good to see you in Sword dojo!

What amagi said is a good idea. And believe me, restoring old data, downloading, installing etc is all easy with his campaigns.

I quite much dislike the fact that about every time I did a (short) campaign with the Mori or Imagawa or Shimazu that the Hojo defeated the Uesugi. I avoided that by playing the Hojo and the Takeda afterwards, but it's annoying. You could try playing the Oda yourself, but maybe you want another clan.

Drisos
    - Chu - Gi - Makoto - Rei - Jin - Yu - Meiyo -

ive already played with the oda many times on senjudai(sp srry forgot the nproper name) and 1580 and i always whoop the other clans so it is quite boring with them as i know what to do and when, same wiuth mori and uesugi(sp)

Quote Originally Posted by dias
    ive already played with the oda many times on senjudai(sp srry forgot the nproper name) and 1580 and i always whoop the other clans so it is quite boring with them as i know what to do and when, same wiuth mori and uesugi(sp)
    If that is at expert you are just too good to play the AI. Make your own rules to make campaigns harder or try MP. I'd love to see you in the fakeservers foyer sometime.

47Ronin Drisos

i would go to the fake server if i could but i can't( i do BTEC in college and i have no idea how to change my internet rq) and it is on expert, probably the only clan i havn't completed it with is the shimazu, when i get up to the kinki area i get bored of it and just start a new one

Talking Re: Help if you can

i would go to the fake server if i could but i can't( i do BTEC in college and i have no idea how to change my internet rq)
    Sorry, I don't entirely understand. What means 'rq'? I and others would be glad to help! Please explain the situation and we'll get you online!

P.S.: Sasaki Kojiro has posted a thread on a campaign of him a while ago. He set his own rules to make it harder for him, because he can beat up any MP player the AI is just a soft boiled egg for him. If you look back in Sword Dojo you'll find it as 'Oda Campaign'. You can try the things he did too. Have fun!
    Last edited by Drisos; 07-09-2005 at 10:36.

srry i meant how to change it to the server

ChatserverIPAddress = ShogunTW.no-ip.info
    ChatserverPort = 8793
    NewsserverIPAddress = daphne.eagames.co.uk
    NewsserverPort = 8797
    ShogunTotalWarWebsite = www.totalwar.com

im clueless on here

Talking Re: Help if you can

Oh, OK. I understand.

it's easy, here's how to:

1) go to your shogun main folder

2) open 'internet.cfg' with 'notepad' (untick the box 'always open with this
    program')

3) Edit it's contents into what you wrote there. (if that's entirely correct)

you could also download 'shamblesTW.exe'. that is a free download that gives you a .bat file when you install shamblesTW. with that .bat file it's easy to configure correctly. you can find shamblesTW.exe at www.shoguntw.2ya.com

hope you get online with us soon! MP is great!

the only problem is i can't find the file folder, do you mean to click on the icon on desk-top?

Well, here's a quick way to find it:

1) click 'this computer'
    2) click your hard disk (probably 'C:\')
    3) click 'program files'
    4) click 'shogun - total war - warlord edition'

in that folder is your 'internet.cfg'. it might be called 'internet' if you have other windows settings. maybe you placed your folder somewhere else during installation, then just search for it (via the start option 'search').

downloading and installing shamblesTW.exe is an easier way though. and then configuration cannot fail.

ok thanks ill try and be on later this week since i have tones of work to do

ok thanks ill try and be on later this week since i have tones of work to do
    busy..busy..busy

I know the feeling, I'm quite busy too atm. today I got quite some time to check here though.

good luck, hope it works and see you later then.