Smile Hattin 1187

Today,

On this unfaithful day,

818 years ago,

The Crusaders of Jerusalem,

Were slaughtered on the field of Hattin by Salah-Aal-Din,

Ruler of the Saracens.

R.I.P.
    Ja mata, TosaInu. You will forever be remembered.

Proud

Been to:

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming in France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A novel set before the war.

A Painted Shield of Honour - 1313. Templar Knights in France are in grave danger. Can they be saved?

Hobbilars' whisperer... Member Advo-san's Avatar

Default Re: Hattin 1187

King Guy and the Templars...Fanatics always prevailed in Palestine, while peacemakers like Raymond of Tripoly were always put aside... That kind of behaviour led to the fall of our beautifull City, Constantinople, to the hands of that gang of mongolian thieves from the steppes.
    ΕΛΛΗΝΩΝ ΠΡΟΜΑΧΟΥΝΤΕΣ ΑΘΗΝΑΙΟΙ ΜΑΡΑΘΩΝΙ ΜΗΔΩΝ ΧΡΥΣΟΦΟΡΩΝ ΕΣΤΟΡΕΣΑΝ ΔΥΝΑΜΙΝ

Champions of the Greeks the Athenians in Marathon strewed the power of the goldendressed Persians

Ja mata, TosaInu Forum Administrator edyzmedieval's Avatar

Curse you Mongolian bastards!!!

Proud

Been to:

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming in France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A novel set before the war.

A Painted Shield of Honour - 1313. Templar Knights in France are in grave danger. Can they be saved?

The Ottomans conquered Constantinople, not the Mongols.

Also, the Byzantines lost to the Turks because the imbeciles spent too much time bickering with each other and not enough time fighting the Turks.

Not to mention the role of the Fourth Crusade.

الله أكبر

(God is great)
    Last edited by Dâriûsh; 07-05-2005 at 02:06.
    "The ink of the scholar is more holy than the blood of the martyr."

I only defended myself and the honor of my family” - Nazanin

Ja mata, TosaInu Forum Administrator edyzmedieval's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Grey_Fox
    The Ottomans conquered Constantinople, not the Mongols.

Also, the Byzantines lost to the Turks because the imbeciles spent too much time bickering with each other and not enough time fighting the Turks.

Not to mention the role of the Fourth Crusade.
    The Turks are quite of Mongolian descent.....(that's why I used Mongolian, I know very well that the Turks conquered :( )

It's true, but also because they had bad rulers( see Theodosius II, Andronicus II ..... ).....

And last, the Fourth Crusade, which delivered a mortal blow....

Proud

Been to:

I really don't think you should hate the Turks for taking Constantinople. A people that spend more time fighting amongst themselves do not deserve to keep an empire.

No matter. If there's one race that constantly (even now) bicker amongst themselves, it's the Turks. It's when they were united, that they became very dangerous.

BTW, you shouldn't call Turks thieves, since Anatolia doesn't belong to greeks either. You Greek "thieves" took Troje didn't you? But you lied about how you took it didn't you?

If i recall correct, there were many Turkic people enlisted in the Byzantine armies. Ofcourse all of them cavalry. Without them it would have even been easier for them to take Byzantium.
    Also, can anyone bring some info on the battle of Manzikert? Weren't the Turks outnumbered, but won because of good leadership, tactics and skill?

Senior Member Senior Member econ21's Avatar

Please let's not starting calling Turks or Greeks - of how ever many years ago - thieves, bastards etc. It may be intended as light hearted, but it's a recipe for animosity. I'm reading this thread for historical enlightenment about Hattin 1187 , not to see a re-enactment in cyber-space.

RIP? More like good riddance. Praise to Salah-Aal-Din for his great victory.

Ming the Merciless is my idol Senior Member Watchman's Avatar

Beh. What's it matter anyway ? Saladin ultimately failed to evict the Crusader States; the Mamluks would achieve that about a century later, after which most folks in the area pretty much forgot about the whole thing as they had more pressing matters to worry about.
    "Let us remember that there are multiple theories of Intelligent Design. I and many others around the world are of the strong belief that the universe was created by a Flying Spaghetti Monster. --- Proof of the existence of the FSM, if needed, can be found in the recent uptick of global warming, earthquakes, hurricanes, and other natural disasters. Apparently His Pastaness is to be worshipped in full pirate regalia. The decline in worldwide pirate population over the past 200 years directly corresponds with the increase in global temperature. Here is a graph to illustrate the point."

-Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster

This thread is serving no purpose other than inspiring animosity amongst our patrons. Topic closed.
    This space intentionally left blank