Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: !!BAD!! the assault weapon ban may come back!!

Default !!BAD!! the assault weapon ban may come back!!

I urge any pro gun american to oppose this ban. And join the nra they have been useful in keeping our gun rights around before and maybe they will now.

here is the link http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory...litics/3240554

And here is why that ban is useless.

http://www.nraila.org/Issues/FAQs/De...spx?Section=18

http://www.nraila.org/Issues/FAQs/De...spx?Section=68

"An armed society is a polite society"

And while there is a gun thread go ahead and deabte whether citizens should own them.

ps another thing look how useful gun are against criminals Check each state there are too many to read

pps look at the rest of these if you have time http://www.nraila.org/Issues/FAQs/De...aspx?Section=1
    Last edited by scooter_the_shooter; 07-05-2005 at 19:46.
    Formerly ceasar010

Forsmark, Sweden, where the radiation keeps me warm.

Default Re: !!BAD!! the assault weapon ban may come back!!

I quote the american farmer: "If you do not have a gun, you´r not a real american!"

I wish weapons were legal here in Sweden too...

I support the Pike and Musket:Total War

Also Europa Barbarorum supporter!

Jillian & Allison's Daddy Senior Member Don Corleone's Avatar

As a member of the NRA, and a strong advocate of second ammendment rights, may I suggest it would probably give your arguments more meaning if you found more impartial sources than the NRA? They are an issue advocacy group and regardless of how right I think they are on a issue, I would be the last one to call them impartial.

That being said, you forgot the words 'so called assault weapon ban'. The wording of the so-called assault weapon ban could easily be used to outlaw any weapon capable of firing more than one round per loading (i.e., anything but a black powder rifle).
    "A man who doesn't spend time with his family can never be a real man."
    Don Vito Corleone: The Godfather, Part 1.

"Then wait for them and swear to God in heaven that if they spew that bull to you or your family again you will cave there heads in with a sledgehammer"
    Strike for the South

Quote Originally Posted by Radier
    I quote the american farmer: "If you do not have a gun, you´r not a real american!"

I wish weapons were legal here in Sweden too...

I don't know that I agree with the American farmer, but let's issue Don Corleone's corrolary on the subject:

"If you don't own a gun, you're only an American that has rights until somebody with a gun says you don't".

"Then wait for them and swear to God in heaven that if they spew that bull to you or your family again you will cave there heads in with a sledgehammer"
    Strike for the South

Arena Senior Member Crazed Rabbit's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Democracy is two wolfs and a lamb voting on dinner; liberty is an armed lamb contesting the decision.

I wouldn't worry to much about this idiotic bill coming back, but its always good to be vigilant. Feinstein just can't stand facts I guess.

Crazed Rabbit
    Ja Mata, Tosa.

The poorest man may in his cottage bid defiance to all the forces of the Crown. It may be frail; its roof may shake; the wind may blow through it; the storm may enter; the rain may enter; but the King of England cannot enter – all his force dares not cross the threshold of the ruined tenement! - William Pitt the Elder

Why do you need an assault rifle?

Why do you need any guns to protect your rights? If the US government wanted to take away your rights a handful of guys with guns will not do anything against all the tanks, planes, artillery, missiles, and nukes (ok, that is a bit extreme) the US government has.

Because I'd rather go down fighting than live like a slave.

Strike for the South

It's scary you want people to have guns.

The thought of some people round here getting guns is just worrying enough, let alone if they could legally get assualt ones. Every Saturday night would ring with the sound of the army being brought in to crush an armed fight.

Why do you need free speech? You wont die without it..

If we start judging rights by necessity, then really all the rights we need are those of having food, clothing, and shelter.

Quote Originally Posted by BDC
    It's scary you want people to have guns.

The thought of some people round here getting guns is just worrying enough, let alone if they could legally get assualt ones. Every Saturday night would ring with the sound of the army being brought in to crush an armed fight.
    And yet, that doesn't hardly happen over here. Generally speaking, when firearms are involved with crime, other crimes are being committed as well (such as robbery, drug tranactions, etc). Do you really believe that outlawing firearms would end all crime?

Strike for the South

I don't get why any one wants to ban them criminals will always find somthing.

Lets look at the UK for example.... pretty much all guns are banned and the legal ones cant be kept at home.

well now there is a movement to ban certain knives.

BBC: Knives too pointy!
    Doctors' kitchen knives ban call
    A&E doctors are calling for a ban on long pointed kitchen knives to reduce deaths from stabbing.

A team from West Middlesex University Hospital said violent crime is on the increase - and kitchen knives are used in as many as half of all stabbings.

They argued many assaults are committed impulsively, prompted by alcohol and drugs, and a kitchen knife often makes an all too available weapon.

The research is published in the British Medical Journal.

The researchers said there was no reason for long pointed knives to be publicly available at all.

They consulted 10 top chefs from around the UK, and found such knives have little practical value in the kitchen.

None of the chefs felt such knives were essential, since the point of a short blade was just as useful when a sharp end was needed.

The researchers said a short pointed knife may cause a substantial superficial wound if used in an assault - but is unlikely to penetrate to inner organs.

In contrast, a pointed long blade pierces the body like "cutting into a ripe melon".

The use of knives is particularly worrying amongst adolescents, say the researchers, reporting that 24% of 16-year-olds have been shown to carry weapons, primarily knives.

The study found links between easy access to domestic knives and violent assault are long established.

French laws in the 17th century decreed that the tips of table and street knives be ground smooth.

A century later, forks and blunt-ended table knives were introduced in the UK in an effort to reduce injuries during arguments in public eating houses.

The researchers say legislation to ban the sale of long pointed knives would be a key step in the fight against violent crime.

"The Home Office is looking for ways to reduce knife crime.

"We suggest that banning the sale of long pointed knives is a sensible and practical measure that would have this effect."

Government response

Home Office spokesperson said there were already extensive restrictions in place to control the sale and possession of knives.

"The law already prohibits the possession of offensive weapons in a public place, and the possession of knives in public without good reason or lawful authority, with the exception of a folding pocket knife with a blade not exceeding three inches.

"Offensive weapons are defined as any weapon designed or adapted to cause injury, or intended by the person possessing them to do so.

"An individual has to demonstrate that he had good reason to possess a knife, for example for fishing, other sporting purposes or as part of his profession (e.g. a chef) in a public place.

"The manufacture, sale and importation of 17 bladed, pointed and other offensive weapons have been banned, in addition to flick knives and gravity knives."

A spokesperson for the Association of Chief Police Officers said: "ACPO supports any move to reduce the number of knife related incidents, however, it is important to consider the practicalities of enforcing such changes."

what next base ball bats then after that maybe they can declaw the children. And after that string because you might use it to strangel some one

And now if their government gets oppresives what are they gonna do no chance of a good revouloution without outside help.
    Formerly ceasar010

Standing Up For Rationality Senior Member Ronin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Don Corleone
    Because I'd rather go down fighting than live like a slave.
    and down you would go....and really fast too...

if the US government went mad(i mean more than it is now) and decided to institute some form of dictatorship i don´t care if you have an arsenal at your home...you´re loosing.
    "If given the choice to be the shepherd or the sheep... be the wolf"
    -Josh Homme
    "That's the difference between me and the rest of the world! Happiness isn't good enough for me! I demand euphoria!"
    - Calvin

Wink Re: !!BAD!! the assault weapon ban may come back!!

Quote Originally Posted by PanzerJager

If we start judging rights by necessity, then really all the rights we need are those of having food, clothing, and shelter.

never heard of anyone going on a rampage and killing 20 people using free speech....

i understand you trying to lump the 2 things together for retoric argument´s sake...but they are not the same thing.
    -Josh Homme
    "That's the difference between me and the rest of the world! Happiness isn't good enough for me! I demand euphoria!"
    - Calvin

(sorry for double post)

Say you are crippled/old/weak what ever what can you do if a group of "ganstas" mugs you or something with out an edge.... You think outlaws will pay attention to a sign that says no weopons

And dont you antis use columbine to make your point those 2 broke enough laws to be in jail before that even happened.

They built pipe bombs and one of the guns was home made there are more i will find em' soon.
    Last edited by scooter_the_shooter; 07-05-2005 at 20:31.
    Formerly ceasar010

Wink Re: !!BAD!! the assault weapon ban may come back!!

Quote Originally Posted by ceasar010
    (sorry for double post)

Say you are crippled/old/weak what ever what can you do if a group of "ganstas" mugs you or something with out an edge.... You think outlaws will pay attention to a sign that says no weopons

no......

a police force cracking down on ilegal arms is suposed to MAKE them pay attention...
    -Josh Homme
    - Calvin

if the US government went mad(i mean more than it is now) and decided to institute some form of dictatorship i don´t care if you have an arsenal at your home...you´re loosing.
    Thats not a truthful statement at all. Look at Afghanistan and what they did with bolt action rifles. The Stinger missles helped, but the resistence against the USSR was mainly done with small arms - not American weaponry.

Lets just ignore the fact that the US military would have a hard time getting its troops to attack civilians, the institution is simply not big enough to stop a popular rebellion.

never heard of anyone going on a rampage and killing 20 people using free speech....

i understand you trying to lump the 2 things together for retoric argument´s sake...but they are not the same thing.
    The argument was "Why do you need this right." In reality, we dont need any rights and trying to place value on them via necessity isnt correct.

The Orgs Prophet of RATM Member IrishMike's Avatar
    Somewhere in the defensive area of a soccer field, slaughtering puny strikers.

Quote Originally Posted by PanzerJager
    Thats not a truthful statement at all. Look at Afghanistan and what they did with bolt action rifles. The Stinger missles helped, but the resistence against the USSR was mainly done with small arms - not American weaponry.

Lets just ignore the fact that the US military would have a hard time getting its troops to attack civilians, the institution is simply not big enough to stop a popular rebellion.

I'm with panzer on this issue. The U.S. soldiers are not blind, mindless slaves, they wouldn't attack our citizens just because a dictator told them to.
    Also the south is well armed, and also knows how to use those weapons. Thats just the south, you also have the north, and the west, they have weapons to and I know people hunt in the west. The fact is that while we might not be able to defeat the army, but it would be a blood bath before its over. They couldn't guard all the bases at once.
    When ignorance reigns life is lost.

War is norm, Fight the War, Screw the norm!

Originally Posted by PanzerJager

I agree. I never said people needed free speech, all you need is food, water, warmth and shelter. If you can control these things, people will not care about "rights" and you can get them to do anything.

what next base ball bats
    If somebody owns a baseball bat in the UK, that get hung, it is a secret law.

The fact is that while we might not be able to defeat the army, but it would be a blood bath before its over. They couldn't guard all the bases at once.
    And they comes in a foreign power. So guns are bad for the US. Instead of having a strong evil dictatorship, you have a blood soaked weakened country, which may be spilt in small factions, divide and conquer.

Feeding the Peanut Gallery Senior Member Redleg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin

Another one who does not understand how the United States functions or how the citizens think.

How many individuals are in the United States Military that own their own weapons - many of which are the type that would also be banned.

If the United States government attempted a form of dictorship - there will be an armed revolt in this country - just like the Founding Fathers would have wanted, and why they wrote the 2nd Admendment the way in which they did.

The government rules by the consent of the governed.
    O well, seems like 'some' people decide to ruin a perfectly valid threat. Nice going guys... doc bean

Anti gun politicians hate freedom lets see some quotes.

Yes, I'm denying you your rights.

Tom Bradley

on constitutional rights at a "Save the Brady Bill" rally. Steve Comus, Western Outdoor News

We must be able to arrest people before they commit crimes. By registering guns and knowing who has them we can do that... If they have guns they are pretty likely to commit a crime.

Mary Ann Carlson

State Senator (VT)

You know the one thing that's wrong with this country? Everyone gets a chance to have their fair say.

Bill Clinton

1993-05-29

If the personal freedoms guaranteed by the Constitution inhibit the government's ability to govern the people, we should look to limit those guarantees.

Bill Clinton

1993-08-12

Any 18 year old can walk into a gun store, pawn shop or gun show and buy a handgun.

Al Gore

almost 30 years after the Gun Control Act of 1968 set the age to buy a handgun from a FFL at 21.

U.S. Vice President

The most foolish mistake we could possibly make would be to allow the subject races to possess arms. History shows that all conquerors who have allowed the subject races to carry arms have prepared their own downfall by so doing. Indeed, I would go so far as to say that the supply of arms to the underdogs is a sine qua non for the overthrow of any sovereignty."

Adolf Hitler

Edict of March 18, 1938, H.R. Trevor-Roper, Hitler's Table Talks 1941-1944 (London: Widenfeld and Nicolson, 1953, p. 425-426)

1938-03-18

In fact, the assault weapons ban will have no significant effect either on the crime rate or on personal security. Nonetheless, it is a good idea... Its only real justification is not to reduce crime but to desensitize the public to the regulation of weapons in preparation for their ultimate confiscation.

Charles Krauthammer

Disarm the Citizenry, But Not Yet. Washington Post

1996-04-05

I don't care about crime, I just want to get the guns.

Howard Metzenbaum

I would like to dispute that. Truthfully. I know it's an amendment. I know it's in the Constitution. But you know what? Enough! I would like to say, I think there should be a law -- and I know this is extreme -- that no one can have a gun in the U.S. If you have a gun, you go to jail. Only the police should have guns.

Rosie O'Donnell

Forget what our forefathers said.

Dominick Potifrone

ATF Special Agent (Retired) "On the Inside: The BATF," Discovery Channel

The Democrats ran away from gun safety in the 2002 elections, and look where it got them... Whoever is advising them on gun control should be shot.

Blaine Rummel

Coalition to Stop Gun Violence, spokesperson

Ideas are more dangerous than guns. We wouldn't let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas?

Josef Stalin

If the [political] opposition disarms, well and good. If it refuses to disarm, we shall disarm it ourselves.

Josef Stalin

Every good Communist should know that political power grows out of the barrel of a gun, and that gun must remain firmly in the hands of the state.

Mao Tse Tung

it is also interesting to note that the top officials of Handgun Control Institute are gun owners themselves. They also intend on keeping them. It's other people's guns that bother them...

Mark Urbin

if someone is so fearful that, that they're going to start using their weapons to protect their rights, makes me very nervous that these people have these weapons at all!

Henry A. Waxman

Representative (D-CA)

convincing enough?????
    Last edited by scooter_the_shooter; 07-05-2005 at 20:59.
    Formerly ceasar010

Quote Originally Posted by Martinus

Why do you need any guns to protect your rights? If the US government wanted to take away your rights a handful of guys with guns will not do anything against all the tanks, planes, artillery, missiles, and nukes (ok, that is a bit extreme) the US government has.
    The Iraq, Afghanistan, and Vietnam are examples of lightly armed militia's able to prevent a victory by a modern military force. Keep this up long enough and an unpopular government would begin to lose the support of the uninvolved citizenry, and the standing army.
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."
    -- John Stewart Mills

But from the absolute will of an entire people there is no appeal, no redemption, no refuge but treason.
    LORD ACTON

The Iraq, Afghanistan, and Vietnam are examples of lightly armed militia's able to prevent a victory by a modern military force.
    Putting Iraq in there is a bit premeptive.

Afghanistan had a country invading it not a bad government, that came after and did not get over thrown until the USA+Allies went in.

North Vietnam beat South Vietnam+USA. NV had aircraft and artillery and stuff.

Feeding the Peanut Gallery Senior Member Redleg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Martinus
    Putting Iraq in there is a bit premeptive.

Afghanistan had a country invading it not a bad government, that came after and did not get over thrown until the USA+Allies went in.

North Vietnam beat South Vietnam+USA. NV had aircraft and artillery and stuff.
    And you missed his point completely.
    O well, seems like 'some' people decide to ruin a perfectly valid threat. Nice going guys... doc bean

Forsmark, Sweden, where the radiation keeps me warm.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Corleone
    I don't know that I agree with the American farmer, but let's issue Don Corleone's corrolary on the subject:

"If you don't own a gun, you're only an American that has rights until somebody with a gun says you don't".
    That sounds wiser...
    I support the Pike and Musket:Total War

Also Europa Barbarorum supporter!

For those of you who are pro gun do you think there are limits to what you should be allowed to own.

And for the anti gun members are there any circumstances you should be allowed to have one.

I think any thing short of a nuke/chemical/biological weopon is fine.

So if you want full auto rpk m4s ak47 and the great glock 18 go ahead. You can own these BUT you need a class 3 license (near impossible to get) and about 15-30 THOUSAND dollar.

If you want a tank go ahead
    Formerly ceasar010

Don't worry, I don't exist Member King of Atlantis's Avatar

The right to bear arms is very important as all fascist regimes get rid of fire arms first thing so they can control the populace.

But, i dont see why we need assualt weapons. What can one do with an assualt weapon other than kill many people?

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin

Well, see, in my mind, quality of life is a choice I make for myself, not something some doctor uses to justify homicide.

Strike for the South

the ak47 is used by many countries army but this same gun will be found on MANY farms across the country it is rugged reliable has cheap ammo and holds alot of it. because of this many people buy the ak47 and other military guns like the sks and m1 garand (used one from the army are CHEAP and good ).

the same goes for almost any military gun that is why people buy them.
    Last edited by scooter_the_shooter; 07-05-2005 at 22:18.
    Formerly ceasar010

Assault rifles are great fun for target shooting.
    I also believe that they would scare the crap out of anyone who breaks into your house (actually, I know that any gun does that but isn't part of the old assault weapons ban a ban on guns that "look scary"?).

AK-47s, M1 Garands : I LOVE them.
    Last edited by Taffy_is_a_Taff; 07-05-2005 at 22:18.

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast