Thread: Korea's Politically Inclined Youth

Default Korea's Politically Inclined Youth

http://uqmgp.hp.infoseek.co.jp/

I saw this and thought 'Backroom', and not in the sexual, onomatopoeic sense.

Member Senior Member Proletariat's Avatar

Default Re: Korea's Politically Inclined Youth

Good Christ, that's a stitch.

I've been a fan of this for sometime. Apparently it's a Korean rejoinder aimed at the movie Team America.

Ambiguous Member Byzantine Prince's Avatar

Proleteriat that's the funniest and treust video I have ever seen.

Thank you.

Yes!

It's not as bad as you think it is. These pictures are actually rare and I never saw these in subway stations. Japan and Korea aren't arguing over the entire Japanese island. They're arguing over two tiny islands. Those two islands are nearby another South Korean island where many South Koreans live. The two tiny islands have been inhabited by South Korean troops for over 50 years. Before Korea was occupied by Japan, those islands were Korean territory. The arguement started when Japan demanded South Korea to hand over those two islands. In reality, South Korea and Japan gets along. We see Japan demanding islands from China, Taiwan, and Russia. They seem to be getting along quite well. From here, it looks like the Americans hate the French when we know that's an exaggeration.
    Last edited by HunkinElvis; 07-07-2005 at 04:49.
    "Winner of the 1st "Shamble's Total War Tournament,
    with 0 losses to his name.
    Hunkin Elvis
    "

-Shambles

Master of the Horse Senior Member Pindar's Avatar

From my experience in South Korea: Koreans hate Japan, repeat: hate Japan. Everyday in the newspaper there are articles about the evils of the Isle of the Sun. S. Koreans tend to have a massive inferiority complex regarding Japan. Part of this seems to stem from certain incongruities i.e. a Confucian inheritance that teaches the older nation should occupy the superior position and actual history where Korea quickly fell under Japanese control, a liberation that came from outside sources, and that large numbers of Koreans were complicitous in the occupation.

The two rocks in the Sea of Japan were unimportant and neither nation had any claim or interest in them. They became a focal point when fishing rights became an issue and Korea decided to make it a point of national pride. It's funny if you ask the common S. Korean about Tok-Do they all know the rocks and will begin chest-thumping. If you ask the common Japanese about Takeshima* most won't have a clue what you are asking about.

*Tok-Do and Takeshima refer to the same rocks.

Anti-Americanism is also common fair. Conspiracy theories are ubiquitous. The U.S. should have removed all its forces from the nation long ago.

"We are lovers of beauty without extravagance and of learning without loss of vigor." -Thucydides

"The secret of Happiness is Freedom, and the secret of Freedom, Courage." -Thucydides

Korea can have those islands when Romania gets Snake Island from Ukraine.
    "Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite." - John Kenneth Galbraith

All right. We have this plan to conquer Japan. We are unstoppable. The Japanese are already considered to be Korean nationals.
    "Winner of the 1st "Shamble's Total War Tournament,
    with 0 losses to his name.
    Hunkin Elvis
    "

-Shambles