Thread: Loading VI

" Hammer of the East" Member King Kurt's Avatar

Default Loading VI

I am about to get VI to add to my MTW - good tip, VI is only £4.99 in HMV sale, so you don't have any excuse not to buy it now! - when I load it, I assume that my current saved games will be OK? If not, I will have to finish my current campaign before I load.
    "Some people say MTW is a matter of life or death - but you have to realise it is more important than that"
    With apologies to Bill Shankly

My first balloon - for "On this day in History"

Default Re: Loading VI

As far as I know the saved games are NOT ok, I think I tried loading one once and it crashed.

" Hammer of the East" Member King Kurt's Avatar

I have just got the game and the manual clearly states that new games are not supported - shame really, I shall have to finish my current campaign before loading. My English forces have reached a critical point - I am Crusading against the Alohmads in Spain. The first Crusade failed, but the Spanish are now well embroiled with the Alohmads and I am looking for my Crusade to arrive in time to defeat the exhausted Alohmads and my forces in southern france to mop up an exhausted Spain quickly before the Pope intervenes. I have about 6-8 years of preparation to do and this will backed by Welsh longbows which are about to start streaming out of the land of my fathers.
    "Some people say MTW is a matter of life or death - but you have to realise it is more important than that"
    With apologies to Bill Shankly

My first balloon - for "On this day in History"

You can have multiple installs if you have room on your hard drive. I have non-VI, VI, and MedMod 1.85 all on the same computer.
    "IF YOUR ATTACK IS GOING TOO WELL, YOU'RE WALKING INTO AN AMBUSH."

"IF THE ENEMY IS IN RANGE, SO ARE YOU."

I've found that old saved games are playable after installing VI, but some strange stuff happens.

for example:
    I lost the ability to build Spearmen, though those already built were fine.
    Trade routes didn't seem to be working properly.
    Some off my buildings disappeared.
    Some building could no longer be built.

So basically it's just not worth it. Unless you're looking for a random challenge.