Thread: Editing projectiles.txt

Qapla all.
    Just for kicks I have tried to modify the projectiles.txt file, specifically the accuracy and power fields. I attempted this ONLY on Sam Archers, making no change in their range. Given that accuracy is expressed as a . value, I set it at .9 - whereas thunder bombers have an accuracy of .03 its fairly obvious that higher equals more accurate. I changed the power range to 15.0 - under muskets and arq's - just for testing purposes. However, my men show themselves as firing, but no projectiles are launched. Any ideas?
    Qapla!

------------------
    BSM_Skkzarg
    "A mind is a terrible thing to taste."
    BSM_Skkzarg
    "ARG when I'm Happy, ARG when I'm Sad, ARG when I'm good or bad. ARG!"
    "ARG to port! ARG to starboard! Arg from stem to stern! ARG!"

Well, I can tell you right away that an accuracy .9 power 15 weapon is the equivalent of a sniper rifle.

One tip is that guns retain most of their deadly properties down to power 6.

Anyway, why aren't they firing? I dunno. I can't think of a good reason, if the information you provide is accurate. Maybe you misentered something or changed something accidentally.

I'll go and test those stats now.

Anyway, if you are wanting to mess with Projectiles.txt, I would be more than happy to consult, as through my experiences in creating and balancing my two released mods (and several prototypical ones), I have a pretty good feel for this file.

------------------
    -Matt

Visit the Center for the Enrichment of Shogun Total War here.

Okay, I inputted and tested your changes, and they worked for me.

I started out with 60 h2 archers vs. 360 h2 Naginata Infantry, on Totomi. On the second try, I, playing the archers, defeated the enemy, with 251 kills and 2 casualties due to friendly-fire.

Are you sure power and accuracy are the ONLY changes you made? Cuz it is now shown to be highly unlikely that that's what is giving you trouble.

Matt

Senior Member Senior Member Kraellin's Avatar

hi bsm,

there is a condition where missile units will run the animation but not actually be firing. this tends to happen under a couple diff conditions. since you say you didnt change range or speed, i'll skip that one. it could also appear not to be shooting arrows if you changed the length stat to a very small number. length is the length of the projectile, in your case arrows. most likely though, you only need to move your men just a tiny bit forward to have them actually fire. it's a quirk in the missile units that happens at certain ranges, particularly if you clicked on the opposing unit to fire at it. it will sometimes happen on fire at will, but usually that one happens slightly different; you'll get the first rank firing but not the others. play with it a bit and i think you'll see.

K.

------------------
    I'm sorry, but i never apologize.

Khan and Kruaellin,

Thank you both. I am headed back in to continue testing. Will let you know what occurs. My thanks to you 2 gents.
    Qapla!

------------------
    BSM_Skkzarg
    "A mind is a terrible thing to taste."
    BSM_Skkzarg
    "ARG when I'm Happy, ARG when I'm Sad, ARG when I'm good or bad. ARG!"
    "ARG to port! ARG to starboard! Arg from stem to stern! ARG!"