Thread: Shogun editor?

Where do i find a Shogun editor that lets me edit my unit attributes and stats?
    I stopped playing the game for a few weeks for one reason. When I finished the game in Beginner mode I switched to Hard, skipping Normal. Then I found out my warrior monks were getting their asses kicked by ASHIGARU!! That disappionted me because I thought difficulties only affected enemy AI, not hard stats of units. I know it might give me a challenge but its too unrealistic.

I hope to play again soon. Thanks.

P.S.- This is for the original game NOT the expansion.

Senior Member Senior Member Kraellin's Avatar

sorry, but there is no unit editor for the original stw. you'd have to actually hack the game to edit units in stw.

K.

------------------
    I'm sorry, but i never apologize.

Okay, could you or someone please tell me the nuts and bolts of it? I have edited games before such as CS, Starcraft REd ALert series etc etc so just need a bit of help, thanks!

Senior Member Senior Member Kraellin's Avatar

iced,

cant give ya that information cause i dont have it. i 'think' the stats for units are part of the main .exe file, but not sure. in the original stw the stats were closed off to us unless we wanted to hack the main exe and most of us seem to have chosen not to gone that route. in the warlords/mongol invasion expansion pack, ver. 1.00, they opened the stat files up in separate files that we could edit easily with a text editor. and, a number of folks did edit them. then in ver. 1.01, the first patch for we/mi, they closed this back off again for online play. the edits would still work in custom games and campaigns, but not online. we're not exactly sure why they did this, but it seems to have to do with game synchronizations online and folks with hacked files not being able to play with those that didnt. we're not sure what the next patch may or may not bring.

frankly, i cant really help you much for stw. i just dont know. the ex pack would be the way to go if you really want to start editing units without having to tear the entire game apart, though. it's very easy to make mods in the ex pack and there is even a campaign editor now for the ex pack. in fact, if you wanted to mod stw, i'd suggest getting the ex pack, study what's been done, and then work backwards to apply what you've learned to stw. this would give you more insight on how things work and thus make it easier figure out stuff in stw.

i know that's not exactly what you were asking for, but i just dont have that information, and since i never saw any hacked units in stw or unit editors or 'trainers' for stw, i'm fairly sure no one else has done this either; at least not within the online community.

K.

------------------
    I'm sorry, but i never apologize.

Ask Khan... he seems to have a good idea how to make mods of STW...

------------------
    SlackER ~ Extreme
    SlackER ~ Extreme