Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: R E S G E S T A E

Default Re: R E S G E S T A E

Very fine work Prometheus. I know I, for one, would be thrilled to have just your superb skins, let alone the rest of the mod.

I really dont understand all the guys disgust on naked men?? its factual they faught that way. we all play a game celebrateing killing ,murder ect.. but some penis showing kills some ppl??

"The key to immortality,is first liveing a Life worth remembering" Bruce Lee
    Also known as NightWar so add me for ETW MP fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Jediknight73
    I really dont understand all the guys disgust on naked men?? its factual they faught that way. we all play a game celebrateing killing ,murder ect.. but some penis showing kills some ppl??
    Leave it to the timeless phobia of sex, courtesy of American puritanism.

Seii Taishōgun 征夷大将軍 Member PROMETHEUS's Avatar

Lol Days ago in Italy some guys protested , with naked girls with a slogan saying nudity is not obscene , The war is ....I am a bit "puritan" and dont like those kind of things , but I am for historicity , if they fight naked , then they'll be naked , I don't care for US hyporcit laws , that protect the eyes of children by seeing penises and not by holding guns....

Creator of Ran no Jidai mod
    Creator of Res Gestae
    Original Creator of severall add ons on RTW from grass to textures and Roman Legions
    Oblivion Modder- DUNE creator
    Fallout 3 Modder
    Best modder , skinner , modeler awards winner.

VIS ET HONOR

Epirot Greek Member SIGNIFER,LEGIOVIICLAUDIA's Avatar
    at the gates of the Praetorium, but when off duty,in Thessalonica

Congratulations,Prometheus!Everything here is excellent.
    I liked most the Athenian hoplites.When I saw that they did not wear Corinthian helmets but Phrygian(as they really did at that time),I was amazed.Congratulations!

Any closer to a knowable release date, Prometheus?

not yet....

Creator of Res Gestae
    Original Creator of severall add ons on RTW from grass to textures and Roman Legions
    Fallout 3 Modder

VIS ET HONOR

Well in the meanwhile you wait for the first pack release I publicize a little battle between some Romans of Caesar time and relative Gaulish warriors....

Creator of Res Gestae
    Fallout 3 Modder

VIS ET HONOR

Gin Tonic Drinker Member iberus_generalis's Avatar
    Scallabis (mordern Santarém)- Lusitania(modern Portugal)

This mod is pormicing..this models remember me of the Europa Barbarorum ones..any conection between the two projects?

i have a question, how are you going to make rome a unified faction, but still be able to keep the roman families from vanilla version? it got me thinking how to be able to do it..

in relation to buildings, will there be new buildings like in EB? new buildings to build in a setlement to make it develop, like in Caeser3, but in rome, that would be grand, to have to control the constrution of all those vital strutures, something that was overlooked in the Vanilla version, you only built stuff to improve the army and public order..and to some extent comerce..how about all the rest? in EB(each is the mod that i've been playing more..) that gets adressed to some extent but not as much i would love... will there be something similar in Regestae?

another question, each has been buging me...is it possible to mod into RTW the abilitie to choose and control trade rules??

BTW i liked your iberian units...can the Blue Spaniards be added? the naked dudes, all painted in blue, featured in Rome the Tv Series..they would be Scary even more than the Germans...and an idea to improve your already great units. i read somewhere a few years ago about a german tribe whose warriors fought totally naked like the german naked warriors, but were like the blue spaniards, completely covered in some clay or mud..a special kind of gray mud..don't know if it is the same units as you already researched for the naked germans..they already look scary if they had some elite units also naked but completely covered in mud and add some morale penalties to the enemies..waht do ou think? this are just sugestion to improve this already promicing mod not a request..i hate to be misundertstood.=)
    Last edited by iberus_generalis; 06-11-2006 at 01:03.
    "Deep in Iberia there is a tribe that doesn't rule itself, nor allows anyone to rule it"Gaius Julius Caesar

Quote Originally Posted by iberus_generalis
    This mod is pormicing..this models remember me of the Europa Barbarorum ones..any conection between the two projects?
    Prometheus is a member of EB and contributed many of the Roman models.

i have a question, how are you going to make rome a unified faction, but still be able to keep the roman families from vanilla version? it got me thinking how to be able to do it..
    For the Roman skin pack, the family structure will have the same faction set up as in vanilla.

in relation to buildings, will there be new buildings like in EB? new buildings to build in a setlement to make it develop, like in Caeser3, but in rome, that would be grand, to have to control the constrution of all those vital strutures
    For the Roman skin pack, the building trees will stay similar to vanilla. Ultimately, though we will be looking to change some of the aspects of the approach to buildings. What are the buildings like in Caesar 3? What did you like about them?

another question, each has been buging me...is it possible to mod into RTW the abilitie to choose and control trade rules??
    Not to my knowledge, the computer automatically picks the most profitable of the available trade routes.
    Epistolary Richard's modding Rules of Cool
    Cool modders make their mods with the :mod command line switch
    If they don't, then Cool mod-users use the Mod Enabler (JSGME)
    Cool modders use show_err
    Cool modders use the tutorials database Cool modders check out the Welcome to the Modding Forums! thread Cool modders keep backups Cool modders help each other out

Gin Tonic Drinker Member iberus_generalis's Avatar
    Scallabis (mordern Santarém)- Lusitania(modern Portugal)

Caeser3 is an old game, from 1998, a True Classic, its buildings are drawn in 2d isometric view, extremely detailed for the time, i spent months playing that game, making prosperous cities from nothing... i still play it sometimes when im in a retro wave =) a good site about it is http://caesar3.heavengames.com/ and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caesar_III what i liked about caesar3? have you played it? play it, you will know why, it's something that can't be explained , only experienced..but to me one of the great things in that game, is the relation between all the buildings...one being needed so that others may work..like the clay pit-wharehouse-pottery-wharehouse-market relation or the aqueduct, reservoir, city water services(worker services in the citie) and the fountains and bath houses..and so on..and not the Build building A1 so you can have BuildingA2, i would like to see some industry structure like for example get farm to get grain and straw..use the grain to feed people and the straw to feed horses, and to make briks and other uses...i mean, not to the level of AOE2, cuz thats impossible with the engine..but for example to have working buildings of different kinds allow you to build other stuff, a bit like vanilla, but a lot more developed...so that when building in a city, one has to think carefully what one wants of a city, to make one kind of raw material that would be used by other cities to make stuff..that's where the trade routes would get into the picture.. hope i explained suficiently clear.. what do you think of the blue spaniards and the dirty muddy germans?
    Last edited by iberus_generalis; 06-11-2006 at 01:57.
    "Deep in Iberia there is a tribe that doesn't rule itself, nor allows anyone to rule it"Gaius Julius Caesar

I've not played Caesar 3, that all sounds very interesting. I don't think it's an approach that would fit very well into the TW engine though. We have hardcoded building limits and quite unwieldy building interrelationship conditionals.

We do have plans though to offer a different gaming proposition for buildings in settlements so it's not simply a matter of just upgrading every single building available whenever you level up. These, however, are at a very early stage and have not really been discussed.
    Epistolary Richard's modding Rules of Cool
    Cool modders make their mods with the :mod command line switch
    If they don't, then Cool mod-users use the Mod Enabler (JSGME)
    Cool modders use show_err
    Cool modders use the tutorials database Cool modders check out the Welcome to the Modding Forums! thread Cool modders keep backups Cool modders help each other out

Quote Originally Posted by Epistolary Richard
    Prometheus is a member of EB and contributed many of the Roman models.
    Gaulish and Carthaginians too ^^ ...

Btw iberus_generalis, I am not aware of what you are talking about and for germans and for Iberians , if you can post me some hitorical fonts I will surely make use of it since ur ideas look interesting ...

Creator of Res Gestae
    Fallout 3 Modder

VIS ET HONOR

I'm pretty sure the 'blue warriors' you're talking about are covered in woad, which is a blue-green dye often used on the British Isles.

Also, the Germans weren't as famous for fighting naked as the Gauls.

Beautiful work

I will definitely be checking this out :)

Salut to you!

MCM

protector of Taxandria Member Marcus Furius Camillus's Avatar

Nice work Prometeus!
    -Once killing starts, it is difficult to draw the line

- C. Cornelius Tacitus

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123