Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81415161718

Thread: Making a new campaign map.

Shaidar Haran Senior Member SAM Site Champion Myrddraal's Avatar

Default Re: Making a new campaign map.

Glad you got it working

In a TOP SECRET location (Which the Government does not know of...) planning my world domination! (Which again the Government does not know of...)

Ok, I got it all working & done. Just one problem...
    Every time I open up RTW map.rwm reappears in my campaign folder... How do I counter this? I delete it time after time but it is persistent & show up again...
    BLACKWOLF

In a TOP SECRET location (Which the Government does not know of...) planning my world domination! (Which again the Government does not know of...)

Quote Originally Posted by Blackwolf View Post
    Ok, I got it all working & done. Just one problem...
    Every time I open up RTW map.rwm reappears in my campaign folder... How do I counter this? I delete it time after time but it is persistent & show up again...
    Actually I now found out that every time I click the arrow to play my campaign it doesn't go to the loading screen it instead goes right back to the provincial campaigns... So pretty much the map.rwm shows up right after I click go to play my campaign.
    BLACKWOLF

Shaidar Haran Senior Member SAM Site Champion Myrddraal's Avatar

map.rwm will be generated every time you launch the campaign. This is normal and healthy. You don't have to delete it every time you run the game, but you should delete it every time you make any changes. (This is mentioned in the tutorial btw )

What you are experiencing is called a Kick to Menu or KTM for short. There's something wrong with your campaign map. Try using -show_err to display any error messages there might be.

Please help...
    When I go to Provincial campaign there is noting there, but in the campaign folder i really do have a my_campiagn folder and in ther the Imperial Campaign + the other stuff you told me to put in (the other stuff is in the Imperial campaign folder). I really want to play my own campiagn but somehow it does'nt work :(
    PLEASE HELP!!!

Use -show_err, there must be something with descr_strat. Or have you got my_campaing_regions_and_settlement_names.txt in data/text?
    Also make sure you have no errors in map_regions.tga. There mustn't be 2 regions with the same colour or 1 region with multiple towns or ports.
    Shi-Zroi Total War!!!!

am just starting modding

what program can view/edit .hgt files?m just starting modding

EDIT: just noticed mistake
    Last edited by Mongol121; 08-12-2011 at 20:24.

don't understand in the tutorial when you are talking about changing the campaign map and then say to make all of the extra canvas into sea colour

American Revolution.rarI finshed making my campaign, but it will KTM i have the file here but i just dont know whats wrong witrh it

The Conqueror Member Belisarius III's Avatar

Okay, first of all, I would like to say, great tutorial. Second, I say, help cause I've done everything you said (and also the thing I found on other sites about rome total war) but the map still doesn't work, every time I try to load it crashes to the main menu, quite frustrating when you've spent about 2 hours at adding provinces. (I wanted to give North Africa more provinces). I've edited descr_strat, imperial campaign regions and settlements, regions.txt and regions and settlements lookup text. Did I miss something. I've used the show_err but no error appears after quitting. Can you help me or do you need a look at the files for that?

For the Glory Of the Eastern Roman Empire!

I really think that someone should show a video or something on you tube to show the mapping tutorial, it is hard to understand without a visual example

Hello !
    I am trying for weeks to put into "my_campaign" a map from a mod (Extended Greek Mod).
    Its a larger map than the vanilla one.
    So i copy all the files from data/world/maps/base into my_campaign folder, (all the tga files , and everything that this tutorial says me to do.)
    I fixed from the start the descr_regions.txt file and everything is correct i checked a lot of times.
    I fixed the descr_strat.txt from the start and it seems like everything should work. but after a lot of days of trying i have no other ideas on how to get the map playable. i had a few show_err fixes(mainly text issues misspells etc.) But now the problem seems to me unresolved.

I get this "Symptom: Game CTD's with no message shortly after arrow is clicked to start campaign - new map.rwm is generated.

Width or height of map exceeds maximum. (Maximum = 510pixels map_regions, 1021pixels map_heights size.
    Misspelt character name in descr_strat.txt, or use of name which doesn't belong to faction you have assigned it to - check in data/descr_names.txt for faction specific names.
    An elephant or chariot unit which is included in the descr_strat.txt file has an 'officer' assigned to it in export_descr_units.txt. Those types of units cannot have an officer and unlike other unit related bugs this one causes CTD on trying to load campaign.
    Having the Romans able to horde "and" have the senate as their super-faction. (under BI.exe)"

I checked the propably causes but it's not that. I dont know what else to do.
    Can anyone tell me that if i want to put a new already made map in the game i have to do the same steps according this tutorial or i got to do it other way ?

ps: Sorry about my bad english.
    ps1: Great tutorial thanks a lot Myrddraal!

I added 9 land bridges on Europa Barbarorum campaign map to help AI. But, in my tests ( I choose Casse and end turns fast) AI seems messed up. They expand very slowly because some of AI armies just wait at certain areas and don't move. Can you tell me what is the problem?

These are land bridges that I added (pink circles):

Original: https://www.pictureshack.us/images/2...yadditions.png

These are edited files:

Original URL: http://www.pictureshack.us/images/57480_MAP_REGIONS.png

Original: https://www.pictureshack.us/images/9...AP_HEIGHTS.png

Original: https://www.pictureshack.us/images/4...OUND_TYPES.png
    Last edited by therother; 08-15-2020 at 21:16.

Hey guys I need help, I have done everything step by step.. and it wont start
    Last edited by Godzimir13; 12-04-2016 at 17:50. Reason: no image

Arrogant Ashigaru Moderator Ludens's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Lightbulb Re: Making a new campaign map.

Quote Originally Posted by Godzimir13 View Post
    Hey guys I need help, I have done everything step by step.. and it wont start
    Hello Godzimir, welcome to the .Org!

Obvious question first: have checked line 4592 of the file mentioned in the error message? Any idea why it might not work? It could be something really basic, like a space or comma out of place, or a bit of punctuation.
    Looking for a good read? Visit the Library!

Well, I have no idea why is not working, but I will check that, thanks!

Hello there! I've been trying to test everything that has been shown in this thread, and all worked. I can modify regions, create new ones, add rivers, mountains, change climat, change culture, ect... the only thing that doesn't seems to work is the creation or removing of terrain: i've been trying to create an isle, by modifying the map_regions, the map_heights, and also the map_ground_types, but it doesn't seems to work, while every other modifications are applied, and the game doesn't crashes. Does anyone know what could be wrong about what i've done?

Quote Originally Posted by Polipot View Post
    Hello there! I've been trying to test everything that has been shown in this thread, and all worked. I can modify regions, create new ones, add rivers, mountains, change climat, change culture, ect... the only thing that doesn't seems to work is the creation or removing of terrain: i've been trying to create an isle, by modifying the map_regions, the map_heights, and also the map_ground_types, but it doesn't seems to work, while every other modifications are applied, and the game doesn't crashes. Does anyone know what could be wrong about what i've done?
    I had the same problem. In my case, even after editing the map_heights, the map would remain the same. Then I tried to change the map_heights from the base folder, and it worked.

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81415161718