Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Total War Game!: Your Suggestions!

Lightbulb New Total War Game!: Your Suggestions!

I reckon a Total War game called Total War: Timelords would be good. You play as a small tribe any where in the world and can go right into the futre. (Did i spell futre right?)
    Possible weapons/units:
    Right from the start you could have men with bones or spikes attached to thier fists(sorta like stone age knukledusters!)
    When you get to say 2150 you can have cyanide bullet guns: as soon as they pierce the skin they release cyanide, so even if the bullet misses the one hit kill area(head,neck,heart,lungs,etc.) theyll still kill the guy!

What do you think?

Very Senior Member Gawain of Orkeny's Avatar

Default Re: New Total War Game!: Your Suggestions!

After RTW I dont want anymore TW games as their going backwards.
    Fighting for Truth , Justice and the American way

Chief Sniffer Senior Member ichi's Avatar

Welcome to the Org Sam

ichi
    Stay Calm, Be Alert, Think Clearly, Act Decisively

CoH

The Sword of Rome Member Marcellus's Avatar

Welcome to the Org Sam!

Sounds like an interesting idea. The trouble is that the game might last too long (several thousand turns, from pre-Christ to the future, would be too long).
    "Look I’ve got my old pledge card a bit battered and crumpled we said we’d provide more turches churches teachers and we have I can remember when people used to say the Japanese are better than us the Germans are better than us the French are better than us well it’s great to be able to say we’re better than them I think Mr Kennedy well we all congratulate on his baby and the Tories are you remembering what I’m remembering boom and bust negative equity remember Mr Howard I mean are you thinking what I’m thinking I’m remembering it’s all a bit wonky isn’t it?"

-Wise words from John Prescott

Ja mata, TosaInu Forum Administrator edyzmedieval's Avatar

Hello, Sam, The Subduer of Rebels to our wonderful community!!

We here are a small(not quite, 11500 members is not small) and peaceful community which disputes over the next TW game....

Is it RTW2? Is it MTW2? Is it STW2?

Everyone says their opinion, but it's a 50%-40% between RTW and MTW, 10% going to STW....
    Ja mata, TosaInu. You will forever be remembered.

Proud

Been to:

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming in France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A novel set before the war.

A Painted Shield of Honour - 1313. Templar Knights in France are in grave danger. Can they be saved?

Capital Mode and Competent AI OVER GRAPHICS. GRAPHIC WHORES CAN BURN IN ROME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Work, Girlfriend, Responsibilities, Reality, Kids, and MTW - all things in life make life worth living.

Edit October 17th, 2007
    Work-Still hate it but I appreciate having it more now.
    Girlfriend - ? - looks like I am helping Nga now. Miss sex though.
    Responsibilities, Too many bills to too little money
    Reality - (Censored)
    Kids - My son is improving a little bit each day, still far behind but I may have more kids in the future.
    MTW - Kingdoms installed but...Urggg, too soon.
    ----------------
    Conclusion, Life is worth Living now.

Member Member Crusader4thepeople's Avatar

I hope its MTW 2 that would be great with the great AI and romes graphics, it would be friggin excellent

Hobbilars' whisperer... Member Advo-san's Avatar

I really don't know, I like MTW and current mods so much, I can't think of anything..

How about MTW 1099-1264 only Middle East, Egypt and Syria? You know, the exact story of the Crusades? Antioch, Edessa, Tripoly, Jerusalem, Akra, Damaskus, Hama,Homs,Alep, Mossul, Cairo? The pProvinces, the cities, the castles, arabs, turks, francs, byzantines?
    Last edited by Advo-san; 07-22-2005 at 13:28.
    ΕΛΛΗΝΩΝ ΠΡΟΜΑΧΟΥΝΤΕΣ ΑΘΗΝΑΙΟΙ ΜΑΡΑΘΩΝΙ ΜΗΔΩΝ ΧΡΥΣΟΦΟΡΩΝ ΕΣΤΟΡΕΣΑΝ ΔΥΝΑΜΙΝ

Champions of the Greeks the Athenians in Marathon strewed the power of the goldendressed Persians

|LGA.3rd|General Clausewitz Member Kaiser of Arabia's Avatar

Give the lordz some money and let them make the next total war game.
    Imagine it... an official Napoleonic Total War.

Why do you hate Freedom?
    The US is marching backward to the values of Michael Stivic.

HOw about a modern TW say Spanish-American War/ Franco-Prussian War/ Crimean War onwards through the cold war instead of Early, High and Late, have Victorian, World Wars, and Nuclear Ages. Or you could pick up as early as where the N:TW leaves off.
    "Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery,
    None but ourselves can free our minds."
    -Bob Marley
    Redemption Song

Senior Member Senior Member Graphic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Graphic
    Eh @ MTW 2

I want China Total War.

Imagine "Battlefield Martial Artists"
    Any other game would be a waste. China TW would be perfect.

BTW I cant believe no one's made a CTW mod for MTW yet. Get on it!

I think you need to work on the fine line between realism and playability. It would be fun to play the part of a tribal leader who founds an empire and this empire goes off to conquer the world or something, but this would mean you would have to start very small and work your way up to controlling 1000s of provinces in one turn. Which would put a lot of people off.

An idea would be to play the game in stages. You start off as a bunch of wanderring nomads who have just settled down and you smack some heads together and become the chieftan of a group of villages and you win this regional round. A map coverring an area 50 miles squared or so.

The next round is a national round, sort of on the scale of Viking Invasion or shogun total war, where you play battles on a game screen modified from the last one, so units are larger and you play on a larger map. Perhaps making the units stupider so the computer can have 10000s of units on one screen. Once you've founded your kingdom you can join in the continental screen, something like the european campaign map and once you've won on this map you can go to the continental map, where you conquer the rest of the world.

Maybe you could even have the entire game running at once, so for instance you could be the celtic iceni tribe and the romans invade your little world who in the past 500 years have enterred the 3rd stage, whilst you are still in the 2nd stage.

There could even be glory goals or something, different ways of winning that speed up your transition from chieftan to warlord to emperor, but put you at a disadvantage when you finally shift up.

Maybe even, consider you are the romans in the as before said scenario, you as an emperor can take control over warlords in a region and influence their little country sized world instead of conquerring them. As the romans did bribe tribes against each other and made a profit.

These ideas are there to make the game in depth without increasing the complexity for the average ADD player.

Senior Member Senior Member Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion, Snowboard Slalom Champion, Monkey Jump Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion Csargo's Avatar

I would like to see a WW's Total War but I think it should be like weeks or days instead of years.

Cheers
    Quote Originally Posted by Sooh View Post
    I wonder if I can make Csargo cry harder by doing everyone but his ISO.

I would like to see a mod that goes past 1453 and includes the rise of Tamerlane.I only just found out about his defeat of the Turks in 1404 ? and how the Ottoman Empire took some time off to fight amongst itself thus giving the doomed Byzantines another 50 years.So basically it would be like the Mongols emerging in the original mtw.The Blind King was working on a mod called Eastern Promise that includes all this but i dont know how thats going.
    The Kalifah Of Watton

Of Sun and Steel Member ArcticSonata's Avatar

My vote (like many other people I think) is for a sort of Total War: The Conquers ( of course I am to the AOE 2 name, but you know what I mean an 1500-1800 period game is what I would like to see, with navil battles
    Narf!!!!!!!

->E.Hall.
    Abandon all hope.

Merkismathr of Birka Member PseRamesses's Avatar
    Birka town in Svitjod. Realm of the Rus and the midnight sun.

1. Dawn of man: 3100-1600 bc;
    Battle it out as ancient Egypt, Sumer and onther tribes as you forge your kingdom. From Greece to India and the Black Sea to Nubia.

2. Empires: 1600-300bc;
    Egypt, Hittite, Mitanni, Babylonia, Assyria, Mycenaean kingdoms, Minoan, Judah, Phoenicians, Media, Persia, India etc. Same map as above.

3. Colonization: 1492-1818ad.
    A copy of Europa Universalis II. Play any nation in the world. Game map, the whole world. Beside landbattles, detailed naval battles can be fought too. I also would like to see an add-on playing out the whole colonisation of N.America, from initial colonisation in 16th century to the war of independece.

4. China: 250bc-220ad;
    Covers both the Qin- and Han-periods. Other timeperiods in China´s history are also very interesting.
    Add-on to this mod: Shogun, ofcourse! Going back to the TW-roots.

Three Kingdoms: Total War. Now that would be cool.

Sovereign Oppressor Member TIE Fighter Shooter Champion, Turkey Shoot Champion, Juggler Champion Kralizec's Avatar

Bronze age: Total War
    Play as minoans, hittities etc, plus pharaonic Egypt like in RTW
    (I'm not a history freak, so I'm not sure if this will be workable)

Polis: total war
    Play as a Greek city state, battling naturally other city states. Diplomacy should probably be more refined for this game. In the TW tradition, give it an X pack called Macedonian invasion ;)

Viking invasion
    Already an X pack for Medieval, but I think the period is interesting enough for a a stand alone game.

A personal dream of mine is to fuse the games Stronghold (original- haven't played the sequel yet) and Total war- build your own castles as effectively as you can design them, and defend them from attacks from AI players on the campaign map.

My guesses would be either

a) Ancient China (with a focus on the Warring States)

b) Dark Ages : Total War (Perhaps to continue from where BI leaves off?)

c) A new look at Medieval.

Under no circumstances do I want or believe total war to go past the 17th century. Pike & Musket in general / Napoleonics? Not really my cup of tea. Sure, they could make it work, but still....it just doesn´t seem Total War-ish. Luckily they have confirmed that the next game will not be about the wars of Napoleon.
    ACW is more interesting to me (and yes, I´m European, funnily enough - seems like everyone I know (of my countrymen) care little for Napoleonics but are at least somewhat interested in the ACW....oh well), but the same goes for it too.
    The World Wars are right out - they are just not fought the Total War way at all.

Anyway, the best option in my mind would be China, of course. I am sure CA would be interested in making such a game, as well. The real issue is - would it interest the generic game player in the same way as a game with a familiar, European setting?

inquierer Member Rome:Total Slayer's Avatar

Sparta Total War! its really obvius that the games are going back in time the greeks have to be next
    Than maybe the Egyptians. But after that they shouldn't go on.
    Death smiles at us all, all a man can do is smile back

Total War: Carribean

It's basically the survival of 4 countries in the New World of Carribean; Netherland, Spain, England and France.

How about simply Egypt: Total War.

Think about it. Before 3100 BC, Egypt was not a unified country and it was just a bunch of small kingdoms and other independant districts. Narmer, the so called Scorpion King, managed to unify them all after a series of wars.

We could make a game about that... and since Egypt wasn't in the Bronze age at that time, we could have units armed with copper and stone weapons. Whadda think, guys?

American since 2012 Senior Member AntiochusIII's Avatar

Strangely this kind of thread pops up so regularly like mushrooms of enthusiasm after a good shower of a Total War game. Hmm...

A remake or MTW or STW would be great. Nothing too great and expensive. Just smarter AI better controls (for some reason I find the camera angles and controls bad in MTW).
    First Secretary Rodion Malinovsky of the C.P.S.U.

https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=86316

12th Century Glory!
    http://z14.invisionfree.com/12th_Cen...d7dc28&act=idx

"I can do anything I want, I'm eccentric! HAHAHA!"-Rat Race

Do you think the Golden Rule should apply to masochists as well?

92% of teens have moved onto rap. If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature. yes that's right i dont listen rap..

Strangely this kind of thread pops up so regularly like mushrooms of enthusiasm after a good shower of a Total War game. Hmm...
    It's the nature; people want more. :D

for some reason I find the camera angles and controls bad in MTW
    I find it hard to get a good angle over mountains/hills.

How about the whole world? It starts in first period of M:TW (or whatever the exact year is).

Weebeast: I find the map part of the game simple enough, but I again stress my frustration with the camera angles on the battlefields. Especially with hills.
    First Secretary Rodion Malinovsky of the C.P.S.U.

https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=86316

12th Century Glory!
    http://z14.invisionfree.com/12th_Cen...d7dc28&act=idx

"I can do anything I want, I'm eccentric! HAHAHA!"-Rat Race

Do you think the Golden Rule should apply to masochists as well?

92% of teens have moved onto rap. If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature. yes that's right i dont listen rap..

Quote Originally Posted by PseRamesses
    1. Dawn of man: 3100-1600 bc;
    Battle it out as ancient Egypt, Sumer and onther tribes as you forge your kingdom. From Greece to India and the Black Sea to Nubia.

2. Empires: 1600-300bc;
    Egypt, Hittite, Mitanni, Babylonia, Assyria, Mycenaean kingdoms, Minoan, Judah, Phoenicians, Media, Persia, India etc. Same map as above.

3. Colonization: 1492-1818ad.
    A copy of Europa Universalis II. Play any nation in the world. Game map, the whole world. Beside landbattles, detailed naval battles can be fought too. I also would like to see an add-on playing out the whole colonisation of N.America, from initial colonisation in 16th century to the war of independece.

4. China: 250bc-220ad;
    Covers both the Qin- and Han-periods. Other timeperiods in China´s history are also very interesting.
    Add-on to this mod: Shogun, ofcourse! Going back to the TW-roots.
    Any of these sound interesting, but especially the early empires mentioned in point 2. The Hittites had a supposedly fearsome reputation, the Minoans were masters of the seas due to their strongholds on and around Crete, the infamous Assyrian chariot riders etc. I've read somewhere that phalanx tactics were used in some epic battles by some of these armies of the time, although which ones I'm not too sure about.

It would be good to see this as a completely new TW game, although a well-supported mod would do probably do just as good a job.

Currently developing Rome: Total Gameplay (RTG), an unofficial mod for vanilla Rome: Total War v1.5

Features: improved battles, new units to recruit, more buildings to construct, a modified campaign map, and much more!
    RTG Main Topic
    , Click here to download RTG v1.0

A 30 Years war total war with sweden france england the Holy Romen Empire Electorships ect.

China total war would be good too
    When it occurs to a man that nature does not regard him as important and that she feels she would not maim the universe by disposing of him, he at first wishes to throw bricks at the temple, and he hates deeply the fact that there are no bricks and no temples
    -Stephen Crane

Quote Originally Posted by Taurus
    Three Kingdoms: Total War. Now that would be cool.
    Immensely.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion
    Anyway, the best option in my mind would be China, of course. I am sure CA would be interested in making such a game, as well. The real issue is - would it interest the generic game player in the same way as a game with a familiar, European setting?
    Just ask Koei what kind of interest the region has. Apparently they are up to RotTK:X (10). I say hell ya. It might be interesting what kind of competition this game would give the RotTK series.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...10350?v=glance

Product Description
    The tenth installment in Koei’s Romance of the Three Kingdoms strategy game series, Romance of the Three Kingdoms X begins when the beleaguered Chinese empire falls victim to a rebellious plot, and continues through over one hundred years of civil war. As players progress through history, their game world grows and develops based on achievements, skills and strategies. Detailed tutorials, a help function and convenient command explanations allow for trouble-free play.
    Is it just me, or could this easily be done in the Total War series. In addition, you also have an established fanbase that might be interested in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Derfasciti
    I find the map part of the game simple enough, but I again stress my frustration with the camera angles on the battlefields. Especially with hills.
    I continually get annoyed by the limited tilt. We almost need 90 degree tilt down from level (so you can get an overhead view), while atleast 45 degree tilt up (otherwise you're looking at the clouds and not much use. Is there any way to mod this?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast