Thread: New TW game!: Your Ideas!

Lightbulb New TW game!: Your Ideas!

What game should be next in the total war seris!?

I reckon Total War:Timelords would be good as you could start as a small tribe any where in the world and play right into the futre.
    Any ideas on units would be helpful!

Default Re: New TW game!: Your Ideas!

Ok, it should be obvious that there is another thread about ideas for future Total War games. Check here

Since my wife like to play Sims 2 nowadays (only 1 pc at home so either Sims 2 or RTW running) I wanna vote for Sims Total War .. ehhe... you guys figure how it should goes..
    Say: O unbelievers, I serve not what you serve, nor do you serve what I serve, nor shall I serve what you are serving, nor shall you be serving what I serve.
    To you your religion, and to me my religion.

The problem with future Total War game is that there are long range weapons and planes to deal with. There would be no point in getting ground units when planes and artillery could just bomb them all so easily.

Think realistically what happens today. They send in a bunch of bombers killing most of the infantry. Then they send in their own infantry and clean up what's left. There's just not a lot of strategy there. It's more about who has the best intelligence than who is the best on the battlefield.

I think the next Total War game could have primitive guns like muskets(high damage, low accuracy) that wouldn't be too overpowered but nothing more than that. I don't want a game where you just give out simple attack orders and whoever has the largest army wins.

The Sword of Rome Member Marcellus's Avatar

I know that there is already a Napoleonic:Total War mod, but a full-blown Total War game set during the Napoleonic era would be cool. There would be guns/artillery but they wouldn't be too powerful.
    "Look Iíve got my old pledge card a bit battered and crumpled we said weíd provide more turches churches teachers and we have I can remember when people used to say the Japanese are better than us the Germans are better than us the French are better than us well itís great to be able to say weíre better than them I think Mr Kennedy well we all congratulate on his baby and the Tories are you remembering what Iím remembering boom and bust negative equity remember Mr Howard I mean are you thinking what Iím thinking Iím remembering itís all a bit wonky isnít it?"

-Wise words from John Prescott