Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: what's the worst film you've ever seen?

The Sword of Rome Member Marcellus's Avatar

Default what's the worst film you've ever seen?

I think the title explains it.

The worst film I can remember seeing has to be King Arthur - that was an appalling film.

Oh, 100 posts. And still a junior member. Grr
    "Look I’ve got my old pledge card a bit battered and crumpled we said we’d provide more turches churches teachers and we have I can remember when people used to say the Japanese are better than us the Germans are better than us the French are better than us well it’s great to be able to say we’re better than them I think Mr Kennedy well we all congratulate on his baby and the Tories are you remembering what I’m remembering boom and bust negative equity remember Mr Howard I mean are you thinking what I’m thinking I’m remembering it’s all a bit wonky isn’t it?"

-Wise words from John Prescott

Ja mata, TosaInu Forum Administrator edyzmedieval's Avatar

Default Re: what's the worst film you've ever seen?

Well, the worst was: The Ladykillers, with Tom Hanks...

Bleah.....
    Ja mata, TosaInu. You will forever be remembered.

Proud

Been to:

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming in France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A novel set before the war.

A Painted Shield of Honour - 1313. Templar Knights in France are in grave danger. Can they be saved?

Tree Killer Senior Member Beirut's Avatar

Holy Moses with Dudley Moore.
    Unto each good man a good dog

Boondock Saint Senior Member The Blind King of Bohemia's Avatar

Right i have a good few shite films i have seen over the years:

The Bruce: Biopic of Rob the Bruce and is quite frankly awful and painful to watch

DareDevil: the worst comic book film in my opinion, total shite

The Sin Eater: Sweet Christ did this one suck. bad acting, bad dialogue, bad film

The Village: You either love or hate this film and i hate it. Pure crap and one of the only films that i nearly slipped into a coma in the cinema watching it.

Revolution: Pile of steaming arse that is famous purely for almost ending Al Pacino's career.

There is no doubt many more, Jaws the Revenge ( terrible, a shark roaring had me in laughing but not in a good way), love actually( Oh God please someone shoot Curtis before he does another film like this), etc
    Last edited by The Blind King of Bohemia; 07-09-2005 at 22:55.

and to think he wrote Blackadder
    There are times I wish they’d just ban everything- baccy and beer, burgers and bangers, and all the rest- once and for all. Instead, they creep forward one apparently tiny step at a time. It’s like being executed with a bacon slicer.

“Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy.”

To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticise.

"The purpose of a university education for Left / Liberals is to attain all the politically correct attitudes towards minorties, and the financial means to live as far away from them as possible."

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneApache
    and to think he wrote Blackadder
    I know. It's tragic, isn't it?
    "Look I’ve got my old pledge card a bit battered and crumpled we said we’d provide more turches churches teachers and we have I can remember when people used to say the Japanese are better than us the Germans are better than us the French are better than us well it’s great to be able to say we’re better than them I think Mr Kennedy well we all congratulate on his baby and the Tories are you remembering what I’m remembering boom and bust negative equity remember Mr Howard I mean are you thinking what I’m thinking I’m remembering it’s all a bit wonky isn’t it?"

Boondock Saint Senior Member The Blind King of Bohemia's Avatar

Yeah but its no coincidence that Ben Elton (though I hate the guy) came in for series 2 and THEN it began to get funny. Series 1 was awful. I'd wager heavily that he wrote all the best stuff.

Blairwitch Project - It's a laughfest though, hence it's not that bad technically.

Species III -

Quote Originally Posted by The Blind King of Bohemia
    DareDevil: the worst comic book film in my opinion, total shite
    Affleck is not Daredevil, he's a goofball. Hulk is just as bad as Daredevil IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by The Blind King of Bohemia
    Yeah but its no coincidence that Ben Elton (though I hate the guy) came in for series 2 and THEN it began to get funny. Series 1 was awful. I'd wager heavily that he wrote all the best stuff.
    Series one was very bad. Blackadder was just a stupid coward, not funny. You are right when you say it got better when Ben Elton came in (and Rowan Atkinson left the writing part).

Member Senior Member Proletariat's Avatar

It took ten posts for someone to mention The Hulk?

That movie sucked. Well, I know for sure the first twenty minutes did, but I left after that.

Quote Originally Posted by Proletariat
    It took ten posts for someone to mention The Hulk?
    Er, actually, Quietus mentioned it in post eight, near the end:

Quote Originally Posted by Quietus
    Affleck is not Daredevil, he's a goofball. Hulk is just as bad as Daredevil IMO

Prol, you should read through threads entirely - especially threads as short as this - just in case yoou make a silly mistake

Member Senior Member Proletariat's Avatar

*blush* I was hasty in my rush to point out how awful it was. My apologies.

I'm sure you'll be forgiven eventually

Ambiguous Member Byzantine Prince's Avatar

Mulholland Dr. is the most unwatchable movie I have ever come across. To think some people consider it a masterpiece

Hell even the titie action it's famous for is only for a couple of seconds.
    F'n David Lynch, I hate you so much.

Chief Sniffer Senior Member ichi's Avatar

Anaconda is the worst movie I ever saw in a theater, bad dialogue, poor plot, crappy CG, horrible score, bad cinemaphotography, relentlessly ridiculous acting, even the popcorn was bad that night

ichi

ps and Starship Troopers, what the hell was that?
    Stay Calm, Be Alert, Think Clearly, Act Decisively

CoH

15 posts and no one mentioned battlefield earth? The making of that movie was a crime against humanity.
    "How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin." -Ronald Reagan

"It's somewhat ironic that closing spam threads increases my postcount"
    -Ser Clegane

Tree Killer Senior Member Beirut's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Byzantine Prince
    Mulholland Dr. is the most unwatchable movie I have ever come across. To think some people consider it a masterpiece

I thought it was a wild movie. Hard to understand no doubt, maybe even un-understandable, like a dream, but a very engrossing movie.

That was one a only a few movies that left me with film clips rolling through my head.

(Now, now. Please refrain from the "F'n". We're all trying to play nice here. Thanks.)
    Unto each good man a good dog

Very Senior Member Gawain of Orkeny's Avatar

Plan 9 from outer space is widely recognised as the worst movie ever.

ps and Starship Troopers, what the hell was that?
    I love that movie. Especialy the shower scene
    Fighting for Truth , Justice and the American way

Don't worry, I don't exist Member King of Atlantis's Avatar

Just recently watched hide and seek. That was terrible!

Spoiler- Highlite to see

It's ending is a complete compy of fight club

Plan 9 from outer space is widely recognised as the worst movie ever.
    You learn something new everyday...and there was I thinking the worst was Santas Claus verses the Martians truly a classic worst of all time
    There are times I wish they’d just ban everything- baccy and beer, burgers and bangers, and all the rest- once and for all. Instead, they creep forward one apparently tiny step at a time. It’s like being executed with a bacon slicer.

“Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy.”

To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticise.

"The purpose of a university education for Left / Liberals is to attain all the politically correct attitudes towards minorties, and the financial means to live as far away from them as possible."

You learn something new everyday...and there was I thinking the worst was Santas Claus verses the Martians truly a classic worst of all time
    I guess youve never seen Monster a-Go Go!
    "How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin." -Ronald Reagan

-Ser Clegane

Has the new Honey Mooners movie even been released yet? Its already on the bottom 100.
    http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0373908/

-Ser Clegane

I guess youve never seen Monster a-Go Go!
    well you got me there...just one question? ....will it enrich my life?

well you got me there...just one question? ....will it enrich my life?
    See for yourself:
    http://www.agonybooth.com/monster_a_go_go/

And heres the funniest thing ive ever heard
    http://www.agonybooth.com/monster_a_...0A-Go%20Go.mp3
    Lyrics:
    Go, you monster, back to space
    I don't like your haunted face
    Alright
    Go, you monster, go
    Go, you monster, go now
    Go, you monster, go!

You may come from beyond the moon
    But to me, you're just a goon
    Alright
    Go, you monster, go
    Awwwww-right nowwwww
    Go, you monster, go!

-Ser Clegane

I felt so much better before I heard that...

Quote Originally Posted by Marcellus
    I think the title explains it.

The worst film I can remember seeing has to be King Arthur - that was an appalling film.

Oh, 100 posts. And still a junior member. Grr
    I was up 192 posts and still a junior. Wait for you time. The welcome motion comes about once a month.

Very Senior Member Gawain of Orkeny's Avatar

I can back up my claim

The Unofficial "Plan 9 From Outer Space" Webpage
    Dedicated to the worst movie ever made.
    LINK
    Fighting for Truth , Justice and the American way

Chieftain of the Pudding Race Member Evil_Maniac From Mars's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Byzantine Prince

I agree with you completly. But then, the movies I hate could fill a room.

Time bandits
    Spy Kids
    Somewhere in time

These are the bad ones that I actuall sat through (cause someone recommended them), usually I walk out pretty quick.

I did hear about a movie that started with a 20 minute potty-cam diarhea sequence. That would have to be the worst.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast