Thread: Ancient European remains in America

Default Ancient European remains in America

I remember reading somewhere that there had been discoveries of skeletons in America with White, rather than Native Amercan, features that dated from around 7000BC. IIRC one was found in a cave and another in 'Wizards Beach' in Nevada, and one was called 'Kennewick Man'. Also there were supposedly Celtic-like buildings, megaliths, carvings, and iron furnaces on the East Coast of North America.

I was wondering if anyone knew any more about any of this, because if true it rewrites the history books somewhat, particularly in the case of the ancient skeletons.

Ja mata, TosaInu Forum Administrator edyzmedieval's Avatar

Default Re: Ancient European remains in America

Well, as far as I remember, white people migrated to different parts of the world when the continents were united.... But 7000BC is a bit too far.....

So it wouldn't be a big surprise....

Hopefully someone could shed more light.....
    Ja mata, TosaInu. You will forever be remembered.

Proud

Been to:

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming in France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A novel set before the war.

A Painted Shield of Honour - 1313. Templar Knights in France are in grave danger. Can they be saved?

I was wondering if anyone knew any more about any of this, because if true it rewrites the history books somewhat, particularly in the case of the ancient skeletons.
    Check this link from BBC.Footprints of 'first Americans' It is something entirely new, about an indication of human presence in America before 38000 years!!! If it will proven true, we must probably revise the entire human race history!!!
    Ούτε γαρ άρχειν Ούτε άρχεσθαι εθέλω

I saw a documentary a few weeks ago (a repeat, originally made a few years ago) that suggested the 'Clovis point' type of spearhead, found in North America, originated in south-west France. The theory was the local tribe reached America during the last ice age, travelling bit by bit along the edge of the ice sheets. Besides the archaeological similarities there was some limited genetic evidence.
    There are more details on the BBC website here
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/science/horizon...columbus.shtml
    Non me rogare, loquare non lingua latinus

Quote Originally Posted by thrashaholic
    I remember reading somewhere that there had been discoveries of skeletons in America with White, rather than Native Amercan, features that dated from around 7000BC. IIRC one was found in a cave and another in 'Wizards Beach' in Nevada, and one was called 'Kennewick Man'. Also there were supposedly Celtic-like buildings, megaliths, carvings, and iron furnaces on the East Coast of North America.

It's Patrick Stewart!

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/first/kennewick.html

http://www.cr.nps.gov/aad/kennewick/
    Last edited by sharrukin; 07-11-2005 at 00:50.
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."
    -- John Stewart Mills

But from the absolute will of an entire people there is no appeal, no redemption, no refuge but treason.
    LORD ACTON

Scruffy Looking Nerf Herder Member Steppe Merc's Avatar

Gah! It does look like him... scary.

"But if you should fall you fall alone,
    If you should stand then who's to guide you?
    If I knew the way I would take you home."
    Grateful Dead, "Ripple"

Wink Re: Ancient European remains in America

Other pre-native American:

Pete Postlethwaite
    Sono Pazzi Questi Romani
    Paul Peru: Holier than thy bucket!