Poll: What is your personality?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Your Personality?

Eliminated Faction Heir Member Laridus Konivaich's Avatar

Default Your Personality?

I want to know how introverted or extroverted the .org members are, so I have posted a poll.

This is a scale of one to five, where one is Introvert, and five is Extrovert. 3 is moderate.

Thanks for your participation.
    Map designer for the Age of Hellas Mod: Age of Hellas Forum

"I vote for closed."
    Two posts later:
    "Argh...I forgot that I actually have to close topics in order for them to close." ~Big King Sanctaphrax link

Default Re: Your Personality?

I would like to think myself moderately introverted.

Sparknotes says:

You are a Mastermind!
    (Submissive Introverted Abstract Thinker)

You are a MASTERMIND (SIAT). You can be silent and withdrawn, but behind your reserved exterior lies an active mind that allows you to analyze situations and come up with creative, unexpected solutions. Normal people call this scheming.

Anyway, your sense of style and originality are your strengths, and people will respect your judgment once they get to know you. If you learn to be a little more personable, you could be a great leader— you've definitely got the vision thing down. Just make sure all the plotting you do behind those eyes of yours is healthy.

Famous masterminds in television: Dr. Claw, The Scarecrow and Mrs. King, Montgomery Burns.
    Last edited by discovery1; 07-12-2005 at 06:27.

GoreBag: Oh, Prole, you're a nerd's wet dream.

I'm sort of moderate. When I don't know much about something I'm an introvert but if I know a lot about the subject I'll be more of an extrovert.

Id say im more of an idiot than anything else, especially seeing as I dont know what intro/extrovert means.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by discovery1

Sparknotes says:

You are a Mastermind!

You are a MASTERMIND (SIAT). You can be silent and withdrawn, but behind your reserved exterior lies an active mind that allows you to analyze situations and come up with creative, unexpected solutions. Normal people call this scheming.

Anyway, your sense of style and originality are your strengths, and people will respect your judgment once they get to know you. If you learn to be a little more personable, you could be a great leader— you've definitely got the vision thing down. Just make sure all the plotting you do behind those eyes of yours is healthy.

Famous masterminds in television: Dr. Claw, The Scarecrow and Mrs. King, Montgomery Burns.

Wow. Coincidence much? I took the test, and got the same exact thing. Great minds think alike

Quote Originally Posted by PanzerJager
    Id say im more of an idiot than anything else, especially seeing as I dont know what intro/extrovert means.
    introverts keep to themselves. extroverts are more outgoing.

I honestly wouldn't have a clue.

I'd say I vary wildly between the two...

Don't worry, I don't exist Member King of Atlantis's Avatar

Im pretty outgoing and stuff, but i enjoy some alone time, so i put moderate.

Ja mata, TosaInu Forum Administrator edyzmedieval's Avatar

Well,

I am an extrovert but sometimes I tend to isolate myself, so I chose moderate....
    Ja mata, TosaInu. You will forever be remembered.

Proud

Been to:

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming in France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A novel set before the war.

A Painted Shield of Honour - 1313. Templar Knights in France are in grave danger. Can they be saved?

Bringing down the vulgaroisie Member King Henry V's Avatar

You realise that the really introverts are too shy introverted to post that they're introverts....
    Anyway, I'd say I'm moderate.
    www.thechap.net
    "We were not born into this world to be happy, but to do our duty." Bismarck
    "You can't be a successful Dictator and design women's underclothing. One or the other. Not both." The Right Hon. Bertram Wilberforce Wooster
    "Man, being reasonable, must get drunk; the best of life is but intoxication" - Lord Byron
    "Where men are forbidden to honour a king they honour millionaires, athletes, or film-stars instead: even famous prostitutes or gangsters. For spiritual nature, like bodily nature, will be served; deny it food and it will gobble poison." - C. S. Lewis

One of the Undutchables Member The Stranger's Avatar

its the way i feel. mostly moderate extrovert i think. i make friends fast and i'm not afraid to talk to people i've never met and dont know how they are.

We do not sow.

Grand Warder of the Woods Member TonyJ's Avatar

I am extremely extroverted - I can talk to anyone about anything and have no worries meeting new people.

Guess it's vital really to succed in my career choice - sales !!
    May the wind be ever at your back and the sun ever on your faces. May your sword lie light in your hand and heavy in the memories of your enemies

Dragonslayer Emeritus Senior Member Sigurd's Avatar

In School We took the Jung/Brigg-Meyers test. I got an INTP and was the only one in my class with that personality also called The Architect.

Introverted iNtuitive Thinking Perceiving

INTPs are pensive, analytical folks. They may venture so deeply into thought as to seem detached, and often actually are oblivious to the world around them.
    Precise about their descriptions, INTPs will often correct others (or be sorely tempted to) if the shade of meaning is a bit off. While annoying to the less concise, this fine discrimination ability gives INTPs so inclined a natural advantage as, for example, grammarians and linguists.
    INTPs are relatively easy-going and amenable to most anything until their principles are violated, about which they may become outspoken and inflexible. They prefer to return, however, to a reserved albeit benign ambiance, not wishing to make spectacles of themselves.

A major concern for INTPs is the haunting sense of impending failure. They spend considerable time second-guessing themselves. The open-endedness (from Perceiving) conjoined with the need for competence (NT) is expressed in a sense that one's conclusion may well be met by an equally plausible alternative solution, and that, after all, one may very well have overlooked some critical bit of data. An INTP arguing a point may very well be trying to convince himself as much as his opposition. In this way INTPs are markedly different from INTJs, who are much more confident in their competence and willing to act on their convictions.

Mathematics is a system where many INTPs love to play, similarly languages, computer systems--potentially any complex system. INTPs thrive on systems. Understanding, exploring, mastering, and manipulating systems can overtake the INTP's conscious thought. This fascination for logical wholes and their inner workings is often expressed in a detachment from the environment, a concentration where time is forgotten and extraneous stimuli are held at bay. Accomplishing a task or goal with this knowledge is secondary.

INTPs and Logic -- One of the tipoffs that a person is an INTP is her obsession with logical correctness. Errors are not often due to poor logic -- apparent faux pas in reasoning are usually a result of overlooking details or of incorrect context.

Games NTs seem to especially enjoy include Risk, Bridge, Stratego, Chess, Go, and word games of all sorts. (I have an ENTP friend that loves Boggle and its variations. We've been known to sit in public places and pick a word off a menu or mayonnaise jar to see who can make the most words from its letters on a napkin in two minutes.) The INTP mailing list has enjoyed a round of Metaphore, virtual volleyball, and a few 'finish the series' brain teasers.

INTPs in the main are not clannish. The INTP mailing list, with a readership now in triple figures, was in its incipience fraught with all the difficulties of the Panama canal: we had trouble deciding on:

1) whether or not there should be such a group,
    2) exactly what such a group should be called, and
    3) which of us would have to take the responsibility for organization and maintenance of the aforesaid group/club/whatever.

Introverted Thinking

Introverted Thinking strives to extract the essence of the Idea from various externals that express it. In the extreme, this conceptual essence wants no form or substance to verify its reality. Knowing the Truth is enough for INTPs; the knowledge that this truth can (or could) be demonstrated is sufficient to satisfy the knower. "Cogito, ergo sum" expresses this prime directive quite succinctly.

In seasons of low energy level, or moments of single-minded concentration, the INTP is aloof and detached in a way that might even offend more relational or extraverted individuals.

Extraverted iNtuition

Intuition softens and socializes Thinking, fleshing out the brittle bones of truths formed in the dominant inner world. That which is is not negotiable; yet actual application diffuses knowledge to the extent that knowledge needs qualification and context to be of any consequence in this foreign world of substance.

If Thinking can desist, the INTP is free to brainstorm, calling up the perceptions of the unconscious (i.e., intuition) which are mirrored in patterns in the realm of matter, time and space. These perceptions, in the form of theories or hunches, must ultimately defer to the inner principles, or at least they must not negate them.

Intuition unchained gives birth to play. INTPs enjoy games, formal or impromptu, which coax analogies, patterns and theories from the unseen into spontaneous expression in a way that defies their own comprehension.

Introverted Sensing

Sensing is of a subjective, inner nature similar to that of the SJs. It supplies awareness of the forms of senses rather than the raw, analogic stimuli. Facts and figures seek to be cleaned up for comparison with an ever growing range of previously experienced input. Sensing assists intuition in sorting out and arranging information into the building blocks for Thinking's elaborate systems.

The internalizing nature of the INTP's Sensing function leaves a relative absence of environmental awareness (i.e., Extraverted Sensing), except when the environment is the current focus. Consciousness of such conditions is at best a sometime thing.

Extraverted Feeling

Feeling tends to be all or none. When present, the INTP's concern for others is intense, albeit naive. In a crisis, this feeling judgement is often silenced by the emergence of Thinking, who rushes in to avert chaos and destruction. In the absence of a clear principle, however, INTPs have been known to defer judgement and to allow decisions about interpersonal matters to be left hanging lest someone be offended or somehow injured. INTPs are at risk of being swept away by the shadow in the form of their own strong emotional impulses.

Famous INTPs:

Socrates
    Rene Descartes
    Blaise Pascal
    Sir Isaac Newton

U.S. Presidents:
    James Madison
    John Quincy Adams
    John Tyler
    Dwight D. Eisenhower
    Gerald Ford

William Harvey (pioneer in human physiology)
    C. G. Jung, (Freudian defector, author of Psychological Types, etc.)
    William James
    Albert Einstein
    Tom Foley (Speaker of the House--U.S. House of Representatives)
    Henri Mancini
    Bob Newhart
    Jeff Bingaman, U.S. Senator (D.--NM)
    Rick Moranis (Honey, I Shrunk The Kids)
    Midori Ito (ice skater, Olympic silver medalist)
    Tiger Woods

Fictional INTPs

Tom and Fiona (Four Weddings and a Funeral)
    Dr. Susan Lewis (ER)
    Filburt (Rocko's Modern Life)

Here is a link to a online test: Jung Typolgy/Brigg-Meyer test
    Status Emeritus

Chieftain of the Pudding Race Member Evil_Maniac From Mars's Avatar

REALLY introverted. Sometimes when I get angry or sad I only unleash my rage or cry years later.

i took the tst, it says what i said. moderate extrovert

Your Type is
    ENFJ
    Extroverted Intuitive Feeling Judging
    Strength of the preferences %
    44 38 38 22

Qualitative analysis of your type formula

You are:
    moderately expressed extrovert
    moderately expressed intuitive personality
    moderately expressed feeling personality
    slightly expressed judging personality

We do not sow.

Extraverted iNtuitive Feeling Judging
    by Joe Butt
    Profile: ENFJ
    Revision: 3.0
    Date of Revision: 23 Feb 2005

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ENFJs are the benevolent 'pedagogues' of humanity. They have tremendous charisma by which many are drawn into their nurturant tutelage and/or grand schemes. Many ENFJs have tremendous power to manipulate others with their phenomenal interpersonal skills and unique salesmanship. But it's usually not meant as manipulation -- ENFJs generally believe in their dreams, and see themselves as helpers and enablers, which they usually are.

ENFJs are global learners. They see the big picture. The ENFJs focus is expansive. Some can juggle an amazing number of responsibilities or projects simultaneously. Many ENFJs have tremendous entrepreneurial ability.

ENFJs are, by definition, Js, with whom we associate organization and decisiveness. But they don't resemble the SJs or even the NTJs in organization of the environment nor occasional recalcitrance. ENFJs are organized in the arena of interpersonal affairs. Their offices may or may not be cluttered, but their conclusions (reached through feelings) about people and motives are drawn much more quickly and are more resilient than those of their NFP counterparts.

ENFJs know and appreciate people. Like most NFs, (and Feelers in general), they are apt to neglect themselves and their own needs for the needs of others. They have thinner psychological boundaries than most, and are at risk for being hurt or even abused by less sensitive people. ENFJs often take on more of the burdens of others than they can bear.

TRADEMARK: "The first shall be last"
    This refers to the open-door policy of ENFJs. One ENFJ colleague always welcomes me into his office regardless of his own circumstances. If another person comes to the door, he allows them to interrupt our conversation with their need. While discussing that need, the phone rings and he stops to answer it. Others drop in with a 'quick question.' I finally get up, go to my office and use the call waiting feature on the telephone. When he hangs up, I have his undivided attention!

Functional Analysis:

Extraverted Feeling
    Extraverted Feeling rules the ENFJ's psyche. In the sway of this rational function, these folks are predisposed to closure in matters pertaining to people, and especially on behalf of their beloved. As extraverts, their contacts are wide ranging. Face-to-face relationships are intense, personable and warm, though they may be so infrequently achieved that intimate friendships are rare.

Introverted iNtuition

Like their INFJ cousins, ENFJs are blessed through introverted intuition with clarity of perception in the inner, unconscious world. Dominant Feeling prefers to find the silver lining in even the most beggarly perceptions of those in their expanding circle of friends and, of course, in themselves. In less balanced individuals, such mitigation of the unseemly eventually undermines the ENFJ's integrity and frequently their good name. In healthier individuals, deft use of this awareness of the inner needs and desires of others enables this astute type to win friends, influence people, and avoid compromising entanglements.
    The dynamic nature of their intuition moves ENFJs from one project to another with the assurance that the next one will be perfect, or much more nearly so than the last. ENFJs are continually looking for newer and better solutions to benefit their extensive family, staff, or organization.

Extraverted Sensing
    Sensing is extraverted. ENFJs can manage details, particularly those necessary to implement the prevailing vision. These data have, however, a magical flexible quality. Something to be bought can be had for a song; the same something is invaluable when it's time to sell. (We are not certain, but we suspect that such is the influence of the primary function.) This wavering of sensory perception is made possible by the weaker and less mature status with which the tertiary is endowed.

Introverted Thinking
    Introverted Thinking is least apparent and most enigmatic in this type. In fact, it often appears only when summoned by Feeling. At times only in jest, but in earnest if need be, Thinking entertains as logical only those conclusions which support Feeling's values. Other scenarios can be shown invalid or at best significantly inferior. Such "Thinking in the service of Feeling" has the appearance of logic, but somehow it never quite adds up.

Introverted Thinking is frequently the focus of the spiritual quest of ENFJs. David's lengthiest psalm, 119, pays it homage. "Law," "precept," "commandment," "statute:" these essences of inner thinking are the mysteries of Deity for which this great Feeler's soul searched.

Famous ENFJs:
    David, King of Israel
    U.S. Presidents:
    Abraham Lincoln
    Ronald Reagan

William Cullen Bryant, poet
    Abraham Maslow, psychologist and proponent of self-actualization
    Ross Perot
    Sean Connery
    Elizabeth Dole
    Francois Mitterand
    Dick Van Dyke
    Andy Griffith
    James Garner
    William Aramony, former president of United Way
    Gene Hackman (Superman, Antz)
    Dennis Hopper (Speed)
    Brenda Vaccaro
    Craig T. Nelson (Coach)
    Diane Sawyer (Good Morning America)
    Randy Quaid (Bye Bye, Love; Independence Day)
    Tommy Lee Jones (The Fugitive)
    Kirstie Alley ("Cheers," Look Who's Talking movies)
    Michael Jordan, NBA basketball player
    Johnny Depp (Pirates of the Caribbean)
    Oprah Winfrey
    Bob Saget America's Funniest Home Videos, Full House
    Julia Louis-Dreyfus ("Seinfeld")
    Ben Stiller (The Royal Tenenbaums)
    Peyton Manning, Indianapolis Colts quarterback
    Matthew McConaughey (The Wedding Planner)
    Pete Sampras, Tennis Champion
    Lauren Graham ("Gilmore Girls")
    Ben Affleck (The Sum Of All Fears)
    John Cusack (High Fidelity)

Fictional ENFJs:
    Joe Hackett, Wings
    Last edited by The Stranger; 07-12-2005 at 14:12.

We do not sow.

Bringing down the vulgaroisie Member King Henry V's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sigurd Fafnesbane
    In School We took the Jung/Brigg-Meyers test. I got an INTP and was the only one in my class with that personality also called The Architect.

Introverted iNtuitive Thinking Perceiving

INTPs are pensive, analytical folks. They may venture so deeply into thought as to seem detached, and often actually are oblivious to the world around them.
    Precise about their descriptions, INTPs will often correct others (or be sorely tempted to) if the shade of meaning is a bit off. While annoying to the less concise, this fine discrimination ability gives INTPs so inclined a natural advantage as, for example, grammarians and linguists.
    INTPs are relatively easy-going and amenable to most anything until their principles are violated, about which they may become outspoken and inflexible. They prefer to return, however, to a reserved albeit benign ambiance, not wishing to make spectacles of themselves.

A major concern for INTPs is the haunting sense of impending failure. They spend considerable time second-guessing themselves. The open-endedness (from Perceiving) conjoined with the need for competence (NT) is expressed in a sense that one's conclusion may well be met by an equally plausible alternative solution, and that, after all, one may very well have overlooked some critical bit of data. An INTP arguing a point may very well be trying to convince himself as much as his opposition. In this way INTPs are markedly different from INTJs, who are much more confident in their competence and willing to act on their convictions.

Mathematics is a system where many INTPs love to play, similarly languages, computer systems--potentially any complex system. INTPs thrive on systems. Understanding, exploring, mastering, and manipulating systems can overtake the INTP's conscious thought. This fascination for logical wholes and their inner workings is often expressed in a detachment from the environment, a concentration where time is forgotten and extraneous stimuli are held at bay. Accomplishing a task or goal with this knowledge is secondary.

INTPs and Logic -- One of the tipoffs that a person is an INTP is her obsession with logical correctness. Errors are not often due to poor logic -- apparent faux pas in reasoning are usually a result of overlooking details or of incorrect context.

Games NTs seem to especially enjoy include Risk, Bridge, Stratego, Chess, Go, and word games of all sorts. (I have an ENTP friend that loves Boggle and its variations. We've been known to sit in public places and pick a word off a menu or mayonnaise jar to see who can make the most words from its letters on a napkin in two minutes.) The INTP mailing list has enjoyed a round of Metaphore, virtual volleyball, and a few 'finish the series' brain teasers.

INTPs in the main are not clannish. The INTP mailing list, with a readership now in triple figures, was in its incipience fraught with all the difficulties of the Panama canal: we had trouble deciding on:

1) whether or not there should be such a group,
    2) exactly what such a group should be called, and
    3) which of us would have to take the responsibility for organization and maintenance of the aforesaid group/club/whatever.

Introverted Thinking

Introverted Thinking strives to extract the essence of the Idea from various externals that express it. In the extreme, this conceptual essence wants no form or substance to verify its reality. Knowing the Truth is enough for INTPs; the knowledge that this truth can (or could) be demonstrated is sufficient to satisfy the knower. "Cogito, ergo sum" expresses this prime directive quite succinctly.

In seasons of low energy level, or moments of single-minded concentration, the INTP is aloof and detached in a way that might even offend more relational or extraverted individuals.

Extraverted iNtuition

Intuition softens and socializes Thinking, fleshing out the brittle bones of truths formed in the dominant inner world. That which is is not negotiable; yet actual application diffuses knowledge to the extent that knowledge needs qualification and context to be of any consequence in this foreign world of substance.

If Thinking can desist, the INTP is free to brainstorm, calling up the perceptions of the unconscious (i.e., intuition) which are mirrored in patterns in the realm of matter, time and space. These perceptions, in the form of theories or hunches, must ultimately defer to the inner principles, or at least they must not negate them.

Intuition unchained gives birth to play. INTPs enjoy games, formal or impromptu, which coax analogies, patterns and theories from the unseen into spontaneous expression in a way that defies their own comprehension.

Introverted Sensing

Sensing is of a subjective, inner nature similar to that of the SJs. It supplies awareness of the forms of senses rather than the raw, analogic stimuli. Facts and figures seek to be cleaned up for comparison with an ever growing range of previously experienced input. Sensing assists intuition in sorting out and arranging information into the building blocks for Thinking's elaborate systems.

The internalizing nature of the INTP's Sensing function leaves a relative absence of environmental awareness (i.e., Extraverted Sensing), except when the environment is the current focus. Consciousness of such conditions is at best a sometime thing.

Extraverted Feeling

Feeling tends to be all or none. When present, the INTP's concern for others is intense, albeit naive. In a crisis, this feeling judgement is often silenced by the emergence of Thinking, who rushes in to avert chaos and destruction. In the absence of a clear principle, however, INTPs have been known to defer judgement and to allow decisions about interpersonal matters to be left hanging lest someone be offended or somehow injured. INTPs are at risk of being swept away by the shadow in the form of their own strong emotional impulses.

Famous INTPs:

Socrates
    Rene Descartes
    Blaise Pascal
    Sir Isaac Newton

U.S. Presidents:
    James Madison
    John Quincy Adams
    John Tyler
    Dwight D. Eisenhower
    Gerald Ford

William Harvey (pioneer in human physiology)
    C. G. Jung, (Freudian defector, author of Psychological Types, etc.)
    William James
    Albert Einstein
    Tom Foley (Speaker of the House--U.S. House of Representatives)
    Henri Mancini
    Bob Newhart
    Jeff Bingaman, U.S. Senator (D.--NM)
    Rick Moranis (Honey, I Shrunk The Kids)
    Midori Ito (ice skater, Olympic silver medalist)
    Tiger Woods

Fictional INTPs

Tom and Fiona (Four Weddings and a Funeral)
    Dr. Susan Lewis (ER)
    Filburt (Rocko's Modern Life)

Here is a link to a online test: Jung Typolgy/Brigg-Meyer test
    NOw I find the Robert Winston Method, which involves squeezing a few drops of lemon juice on your tongue and seeing how much sticky paper you can wet, a bit easier.
    www.thechap.net
    "We were not born into this world to be happy, but to do our duty." Bismarck
    "You can't be a successful Dictator and design women's underclothing. One or the other. Not both." The Right Hon. Bertram Wilberforce Wooster
    "Man, being reasonable, must get drunk; the best of life is but intoxication" - Lord Byron
    "Where men are forbidden to honour a king they honour millionaires, athletes, or film-stars instead: even famous prostitutes or gangsters. For spiritual nature, like bodily nature, will be served; deny it food and it will gobble poison." - C. S. Lewis

Nobody Important Member Somebody Else's Avatar

According to Spark...

You are a Politician!
    (Dominant Extroverted Abstract Thinker)

You are a POLITICIAN (DEAT)— forceful, outgoing, and forward-looking. You are strong-willed and extroverted, so you enjoy interacting with other people. You aggressively pursue your goals.

Your creative style of thinking allows you to come up with unusual arguments and original ideas that appeal to others, but behind it all is an analytical mind that never forgets the bottom line. While some might see you as manipulative, your close friends know you are a talented person who deserves the best in life.

Whatever. You *are* manipulative. Whether you use your power for "good" or "bad" is up to you. If you're confused what good or bad means, ask a HEALER. Like EXPERIMENTERS, you have a propensity for cheating.

Well, I have changed in the last year or so. Last time I took this, I was a Mentor, apparently.

Submissive to dominant, well - I can understand why that happened, I suppose...
    Last edited by Somebody Else; 07-15-2005 at 23:07.
    Don't have any aspirations - they're doomed to fail.

Rumours...

I took the test and i was Mastermind too.I think its going to be most usual result on Org people.After all we are people who like strategy games.
    Ja Mata Tosainu Sama.

Nobody expects the Senior Member Lemur's Avatar

I got Performer, which probably makes me an anomaly. How can I score high on both Dominating and Abstract, I ask you?

Silly internet quizzes. Always good for wasting four minutes.

The other test says I'm

Your Type is
    INTJ
    Introverted Intuitive Thinking Judging
    11 38 62 11

You are:

* slightly expressed introvert
    * moderately expressed intuitive personality
    * distinctively expressed thinking personality
    * slightly expressed judging personality

http://keirsey.com/personality/ntij.html

Of the four aspects of strategic analysis and definition, it is the contingency planning or entailment organizing role that reaches the highest development in Masterminds. Entailing or contingency planning is not an informative activity, rather it is a directive one in which the planner tells others what to do and in what order to do it. As the organizing capabilities the Masterminds increase so does their inclination to take charge of whatever is going on.

It is in their abilities that Masterminds differ from the other Rationals, while in most of their attitudes they are just like the others. However there is one attitude that sets them apart from other Rationals: they tend to be much more self-confident than the rest, having, for obscure reasons, developed a very strong will. They are rather rare, comprising no more than, say, one percent of the population. Being very judicious, decisions come naturally to them; indeed, they can hardly rest until they have things settled, decided, and set. They are the people who are able to formulate coherent and comprehensive contingency plans, hence contingency organizers or "entailers."

Masterminds will adopt ideas only if they are useful, which is to say if they work efficiently toward accomplishing the Mastermind's well-defined goals. Natural leaders, Masterminds are not at all eager to take command of projects or groups, preferring to stay in the background until others demonstrate their inability to lead. Once in charge, however, Masterminds are the supreme pragmatists, seeing reality as a crucible for refining their strategies for goal-directed action. In a sense, Masterminds approach reality as they would a giant chess board, always seeking strategies that have a high payoff, and always devising contingency plans in case of error or adversity. To the Mastermind, organizational structure and operational procedures are never arbitrary, never set in concrete, but are quite malleable and can be changed, improved, streamlined. In their drive for efficient action, Masterminds are the most open-minded of all the types. No idea is too far-fetched to be entertained-if it is useful. Masterminds are natural brainstormers, always open to new concepts and, in fact, aggressively seeking them. They are also alert to the consequences of applying new ideas or positions. Theories which cannot be made to work are quickly discarded by the Masterminds. On the other hand, Masterminds can be quite ruthless in implementing effective ideas, seldom counting personal cost in terms of time and energy.

hahahahhahahaa i'm a teacher. i gues i have to hate myself now

We do not sow.

Blog Entries

I am a mistermind on the other quiz again.

I N T J
    89 75 62 22

I would probably be described as a major introvert by my mates and by myself.

I just like to think a lot, I don't mind my own company when debating things with myself, etc. It is interesting just how much of a discussion you can go over with yourself, analyzing things, it is great.

With that test thing I got -

You are a Prober!
    (Dominant Introverted Concrete Feeler)

You are a PROBER (DICF)— curious, passionate, driven, and probing. You're the kind of person who can't leave well enough alone. You have a very strong personality and a sense of adventure. And you'd rather go out and experience things for yourself than take someone else's word for it. Some people probably think you're a maniac.

People have a hard time believing you're an intelligent person. Perhaps there's a reason for this? Time will tell.

Maybe not 100% accurate, but pretty good.
    GARCIN: I "dreamt," you say. It was no dream. When I chose the hardest path, I made my choice deliberately. A man is what he wills himself to be.
    INEZ: Prove it. Prove it was no dream. It's what one does, and nothing else, that shows the stuff one's made of.
    GARCIN: I died too soon. I wasn't allowed time to - to do my deeds.
    INEZ: One always dies too soon - or too late. And yet one's whole life is complete at that moment, with a line drawn neatly under it, ready for the summing up. You are - your life, and nothing else.

Jean Paul Sartre - No Exit 1944

Vermonter and Seperatist Member Uesugi Kenshin's Avatar

I am a moderate introvert, I am very introverted when I first meet people, but once I get to know them I am much less so, though I still keep to myself a good deal.
    "A man's dying is more his survivor's affair than his own."
    C.S. Lewis

"So many people tiptoe through life, so carefully, to arrive, safely, at death."
    Jermaine Evans

Hm - very interesting, that site.

It states I am an -

Your Type is
    INFP
    Introverted Intuitive Feeling Perceiving
    78 75 12 22

You are:

* very expressed introvert
    * distinctively expressed intuitive personality
    * slightly expressed feeling personality
    * slightly expressed perceiving personality

The Portrait of the Healer Idealist (iNFp)

Healer Idealists are abstract in thought and speech, cooperative in striving for their ends, and informative and introverted in their interpersonal relations. Healer present a seemingly tranquil, and noticiably pleasant face to the world, and though to all appearances they might seem reserved, and even shy, on the inside they are anything but reserved, having a capacity for caring not always found in other types. They care deeply-indeed, passionately-about a few special persons or a favorite cause, and their fervent aim is to bring peace and integrity to their loved ones and the world.

Healers have a profound sense of idealism derived from a strong personal morality, and they conceive of the world as an ethical, honorable place. Indeed, to understand Healers, we must understand their idealism as almost boundless and selfless, inspiring them to make extraordinary sacrifices for someone or something they believe in. The Healer is the Prince or Princess of fairytale, the King's Champion or Defender of the Faith, like Sir Galahad or Joan of Arc. Healers are found in only 1 percent of the general population, although, at times, their idealism leaves them feeling even more isolated from the rest of humanity.

Healers seek unity in their lives, unity of body and mind, emotions and intellect, perhaps because they are likely to have a sense of inner division threaded through their lives, which comes from their often unhappy childhood. Healers live a fantasy-filled childhood, which, unfortunately, is discouraged or even punished by many parents. In a practical-minded family, required by their parents to be sociable and industrious in concrete ways, and also given down-to-earth siblings who conform to these parental expectations, Healers come to see themselves as ugly ducklings. Other types usually shrug off parental expectations that do not fit them, but not the Healers. Wishing to please their parents and siblings, but not knowing quite how to do it, they try to hide their differences, believing they are bad to be so fanciful, so unlike their more solid brothers and sisters. They wonder, some of them for the rest of their lives, whether they are OK. They are quite OK, just different from the rest of their family-swans reared in a family of ducks. Even so, to realize and really believe this is not easy for them. Deeply committed to the positive and the good, yet taught to believe there is evil in them, Healers can come to develop a certain fascination with the problem of good and evil, sacred and profane. Healers are drawn toward purity, but can become engrossed with the profane, continuously on the lookout for the wickedness that lurks within them. Then, when Healers believe thay have yielded to an impure temptation, they may be given to acts of self-sacrifice in atonement. Others seldom detect this inner turmoil, however, for the struggle between good and evil is within the Healer, who does not feel compelled to make the issue public.
    Wow, it is amazing because it seems very accurate, sad aint it.
    GARCIN: I "dreamt," you say. It was no dream. When I chose the hardest path, I made my choice deliberately. A man is what he wills himself to be.
    INEZ: Prove it. Prove it was no dream. It's what one does, and nothing else, that shows the stuff one's made of.
    INEZ: One always dies too soon - or too late. And yet one's whole life is complete at that moment, with a line drawn neatly under it, ready for the summing up. You are - your life, and nothing else.

Scruffy Looking Nerf Herder Member Steppe Merc's Avatar

Your Type is
    INFP
    Introverted Intuitive Feeling Perceiving
    89 62 50 11

You are:
    very expressed introvert

distinctively expressed intuitive personality

moderately expressed feeling personality

slightly expressed perceiving personality

Hey, JAG, it said I'm a healer idealist as well... hmm...
    I do consider myself very introverted, though I do care about other people. I just don't neccasirly like being around a lot of them.
    Last edited by Steppe Merc; 07-13-2005 at 01:05.

"But if you should fall you fall alone,
    If you should stand then who's to guide you?
    If I knew the way I would take you home."
    Grateful Dead, "Ripple"

Steppe, welcome to a club only 1% of the world is in.

Urwendur Ûrîbêl Senior Member Mouzafphaerre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by discovery1

Sparknotes says:

You are a Mastermind!

I've just taken the thinglet. The result proves it to be complete rubbish. Thinks I'm a "submissive accuntant". GAH!
    Ja mata Tosa Inu-sama, Hore Tore, Adrian II, Sigurd, Fragony

Mouzafphaerre is known elsewhere as Urwendil/Urwendur/Kibilturg...

Quote Originally Posted by SparkNotes
    You are a Mentor!
    (Submissive Extroverted Abstract Thinker)
    You are a MENTOR (SEAT). Some would call you the most powerful and influential of all people. Those people are wrong.

The reality is that you DON'T really WANT to impose personal views or beliefs on others. Yet you are extroverted and intelligent, and you like to get involved. So you help others with the pursuit of knowledge.

You're the reason that people say teachers are also students. You are as much a learner as a master, and this satisfies you.

You won't die a lonely death, but towards the end you'll grow introspective, wondering if your life meant anything. This will last for decades, and you'll die after your spouse.
    Not sure about the submissive bit, I usually try to sway people to my own opinion. See Pontic Heavy Cavalry Thread
    Last edited by Craterus; 07-15-2005 at 20:35.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast