Thread: Trouble seeing games/logging on

Chief Sniffer Senior Member ichi's Avatar

Default Trouble seeing games/logging on

Lately I've been unable to see newly created games. I relog after each battle but then when a new game is hosted I can't see it until I relog again.

Now, when I log on the 'Logged On' screen hangs up for about a minute. When I enter the lobby ALL of the player names are highlighted - none are grey - and I can't enter any games. Sometimes I get disconnected from the server.

If I relog again and again eventually it works, and I'm able to see games and chat. Once I'm in a game it seems OK, no trouble there.

Its just a pain with so few games up, I hate to miss any good ones and relogging multiple times is a pain. Either the game is buggy (Duh!) or my install has become corrupted. I guess I'm too lazy to reinstall MTW, VI, the 2.01 patch, Samurai Mod, and the mappacks.

Anybody else experience this?

ichi
    Stay Calm, Be Alert, Think Clearly, Act Decisively

CoH

Default Re: Trouble seeing games/logging on

Quote Originally Posted by ichi
    Lately I've been unable to see newly created games. I relog after each battle but then when a new game is hosted I can't see it until I relog again.
    Unfortunately this has become a common problem for lots of players recently.I know of a least 10 players who said they have this problem.I will email activision support today about it and post any response I get.

i have that problem too,and many other ppl`s

It may be usefull to see what firewalls/security ppl having this problem are using,so if you post here can you state your firewall etc.

Im using SP2 firewall.

I've had that same problem for a while now, I just learned to deal with it. I was under the impression it was my computer using to much memory or the game being corrupt...I feel the same as Ichi just not wanting to go thru the the whole re-install process with all the mods, mappacks, and such already in my VI files. Let's hope for the best if Activion replies...
    Hunter King George Visit the Realm of the Hunters:
    Proud participant of the Code of Honor. Have you signed the code?

It may be usefull to see what firewalls/security ppl having this problem are using,so if you post here can you state your firewall etc.
    I don't think it's about firewalls or re-installation. Probably something to do with the particular servers, although that's surely more of a guess than an educated opinion heh

I guess I'm too lazy to reinstall MTW, VI, the 2.01 patch, Samurai Mod, and the mappacks
    Well, I can understand being lazy on reinstalling MTW and VI (and the patch :p), but why get the others ones installed as well? No one uses them anyway...
    [VDM]Alexandros
    -------------------------------------------
    DUX: a VI MP enhancement mod
    -Version 0.4 is out
    -Comments/Technical Problems are welcome here
    -New forum on upcoming DUX tourney and new site (under construction).

Predictably Activision passed the buck and said contact Gamespy support,so I looked around the Gamespy faqs and found this:

http://www.gamespyarcade.com/support...ml#ports#ports

After adding these 2 ports:

27900 (Master Server UDP Heartbeat)
    28900 (Master Server List Request)

to the port exceptions list in SP2 firewall I had no problems seeing gamelist refresh on tuesday night.

I know nothing about ports etc,was this coincidence,did gspy refresh ok on tuesday night.

Personally I use a lot of anti spam/spyware programs that constantly update,do they block ports?

Moderator:If your tempted to send this thread to the Apothecary plz leave it for a week,coz I already posted a thread on this topic and it slid off the bottom after a day

aka AggonyRom Member Ghost of Rom's Avatar

There is another post similar to this in the apocethary. I don't believe so many people need to reinstall...think it's the gamespy.

Chief Sniffer Senior Member ichi's Avatar

Thanks Sid , I'll open those ports and check it out.

Nice work mate

ichi
    Stay Calm, Be Alert, Think Clearly, Act Decisively

CoH

Very Senior Member Gawain of Orkeny's Avatar

Ive had this problem for about a week or two now. Glad to see its not just me. Very frustrating getting left in the lobby.
    Fighting for Truth , Justice and the American way

Actually I can now confirm VI's death as a GS-powered mp game...
    ...well it's not so tragic but since an hour or so no hosted games can be seen. Ofcourse they might find the person who pulled the plug out anytime, but I 'm just curious how long this will take or how will it escalate;)
    [VDM]Alexandros
    -------------------------------------------
    DUX: a VI MP enhancement mod
    -Version 0.4 is out
    -Comments/Technical Problems are welcome here
    -New forum on upcoming DUX tourney and new site (under construction).

Yep you guessed it
    Totally peed off with gs
    As I have just exited the lobby , as five of us were trying to host , and after several reloggs made by all no one was able to see any of those attemptes to veiw games up
    Hope this prob will be resolved shortly or other wise Gs will have more than one letter to deal with

and in reply to ichi's prob seeing chat . well seeing everone else'sin lobby but not my own untill enterd game

Anyone can describe me how i can get a FakeServer to run ??
    Its not the same as STW or ?

I know it isn't just MTW; my other RTS, Kohan, is currently out too, although you can still host, pass out the IP address in the lobby, and have people join that way. I'm not sure if there is any way to join by IP in MTW though...

Alou.