Thread: Easy, Norm, ect.

Default Easy, Norm, ect.

Hey quick question, is there a way to tell if you are playing an easy, norm, hard, or expert game after you have already started? I am trying to figure out how hard I am playing. thx for any info.

Weird Organism Senior Member Drisos's Avatar

Question Re: Easy, Norm, ect.

Quote Originally Posted by |OCS|Virus
    Hey quick question, is there a way to tell if you are playing an easy, norm, hard, or expert game after you have already started? I am trying to figure out how hard I am playing. thx for any info.
    hehe, funny situation.

I don't know either. I had the same problem once. info would be nice.

let me guess: you are beating up the AI in a campaign and want to know if it was either expert or hard? you would be glad to know if it was expert, because that confirms that you're much better then the AI.

anyone knows how to check niveau in a campaign?
    - Chu - Gi - Makoto - Rei - Jin - Yu - Meiyo -

Default Re: Easy, Norm, ect.

Try checking the logfiles.

lol sadly no, I'm just hoping that I got normal down, I figure if I can beat it at normal, I can move on to MTW =p I'll try checking my logfiles, I tried looking at save files, but it didn't say.

Logfile should have the info at the beginning:

logfiles\campaign 03-28-05 014638.log
    =====================================

Battle Type:: CAMPAIGN
    Date:: 03/28/05
    Time:: 01:46:38
    Host:: N/A
    Attackers:: Takeda
    Defenders:: Imagawa
    Victory for:: ATTACKERS
    Game Time:: 10 mins 24 secs
    Province:: Shinano
    Attackers' Koku:: 0
    Defenders' Koku:: 0
    Season:: Summer
    Difficulty:: Hard
    Time Limit:: 35 mins
    Game Style:: Last Man Standing
    Unit Size:: 60
    Limited Ammo:: on
    Fatigue:: on
    Morale:: on
    Restricted Camera:: on
    Battle Terminated How?:: USER QUIT THE BATTLE

lol sadly no, I'm just hoping that I got normal down, I figure if I can beat it at normal, I can move on to MTW =p I'll try checking my logfiles, I tried looking at save files, but it didn't say.
    nooooo! don't move to MTW!

move to hard and expert instead!

one day, you'll beat the AI at expert easily. feel free to ask me anything on gameplay.

LoL good news, it was on normal, so thats good, lol drisos, I can play both, I'm a kensai at gaming {/pun}

Cybernetic Samurai Member TenkiSoratoti's Avatar

I started a new campaign the other day on Expert. I remember completing it three years back on the same settings and finding it alot easier then than I do now.

I decided to play as Hojo this time around and ended up getting gang raped by the Takeda, Dark Blue and Turqoise factions (can't spell the names off the top of my head). They all seem to think they have some kind of prejudice against me; I manage to defeat the first 10 waves they deliver but even though each of my units has about 8 Honour they are down to about 20 men each.

They do all of this in the first 3 years of play meaning that even though I have plenty of money I can't churn the troops out quick enough to send to the front because the enemy factions seem to generate armies out of nowhere.
    "The good fighters of the old first put themselves beyond the possibility of defeat and then waited for an opportunity to defeat the enemy." - Sun Tzu

Thus the term expert lol, yeah, its very difficult, I wouldn't have a problem beating this game, accept that my faction never produces enough heirs, and I never risk them in battle either. My shogun must be ill-equipt or something...

I never risk them in battle either.
    you should!

the best upgrade of a unit is honour, and a good general gives your men more honour. see for yourself how much honour is important.(try some things in custom battle) don't be afraid of losing your heirs, they don't get killed fast. don't melee with them right away, but jump in where necessary, use PH, not wedge, and many rows to make sure he doesn't get killed if he's indeed so important.

intresting story, Soraroti! sounds different then my usual campaigns. good to see you playing again. when you have some time, please join us in the foyer.

Cybernetic Samurai Member TenkiSoratoti's Avatar

Ok got it sorted. Just had to get rid of the Dark Blue's; now I have 45,000 Koku in the Bank and I'm on the way to wiping out the Mori.
    "The good fighters of the old first put themselves beyond the possibility of defeat and then waited for an opportunity to defeat the enemy." - Sun Tzu

Lol, I usualy have the set up of: My main army fights all the battles, so they get insanly high honor, and I have a holding force of 1 cav, 1 inf, and 1 archer unit. This usualy will be able to fend off up to 6-8 units if they get attacked unexpectedly. Generaly all my units are produced out of 4 provinces so that all the upgrades are available to them, max armor bonus, attack bonus, honor bonus, moral bonus, and rally bonus. I can make an entire army in 5 turns. Unless I'm playing as Mori which I often do then I produce from 6 provinces w\ all upgrades, and can make an entire army in 4 turns, which may not seem like a huge difference, but every turn counts. So I have all my bases covered lol, my shogun is just steril, either that or I just take to long to launch my attack.