Thread: Bi-horde Feature

Don't worry, I don't exist Member King of Atlantis's Avatar

Default Bi-horde Feature

I personally am very excited about the new horde feature in bi. Does anybody else think this is one of the best new features?

Default Re: Bi-horde Feature

I think it will be a very cool feature indeed.

Definatly one of the best. This feature also means then that you will have more trouble eliminating barbarian factions because when they are in difficulty they can just 'move house' so to speak . Very cool.

Ja mata, TosaInu Forum Administrator edyzmedieval's Avatar

Yeah...

Definitely great....

I personally will play first with the Byzantines, because they're my fav and very threatened by the Vizigoths, Huns, Alans,.....
    Ja mata, TosaInu. You will forever be remembered.

Proud

Been to:

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming in France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A novel set before the war.

A Painted Shield of Honour - 1313. Templar Knights in France are in grave danger. Can they be saved?

One question:

If you loose all of your cities, where does the horde come from?

In one the screenshots the player has a horde and a load of cities.

A horde is a special version of an army. If I'm interpreting what I've read on them right. It's regular army units plus all you civilians and some special super horede units. Of course the super horde units could be regular onews with 3 gold chevrons
    If you havin' skyrim problems I feel bad for you son.. I dodged 99 arrows but my knee took one.

VENI, VIDI, NATES CALCE CONCIDI

I came, I saw, I kicked ass

I thought it would be several stacks of fluff units screaming "ATTACK ME” to all other players while they look for somewhere to relocate. I’m sure there will be a limit on it too on how big a city could move though. Moving a community sounds complicated and I have a feeling it will turn out lame in the expansion. Cleaning my room was always hard enough so I can't imagine how hard it would be to move an entire city.

Quote Originally Posted by Martinus
    In one the screenshots the player has a horde and a load of cities.
    Hmm, where did you get that one from? Would be interesting to see it!

Barbarian Hordes - A barbarian faction can flee en masse from an attacker and take its entire people in search of a new homeland. When a faction loses its last settlement the entire population can move as a series of horde armies. If - and when - the faction manage to conquer a new homeland region, the people can again settle and begin life anew. While a faction is ‘on the road’ it can’t recruit new units other than mercenaries, but it doesn’t pay any upkeep on its armies. Hordes are a ‘get out of jail’ card for some factions facing defeat - or they may just get hacked to pieces as they run!
    Barbarian Invasion mini page

Quote Originally Posted by lars573
    and some special super horede units
    Interesting (Note: not horede units )
    Runes for good luck:

[1 - exp(i*2π)]^-1

Hmm, where did you get that one from? Would be interesting to see it!
    http://www.heavengames.com/gallery/R...005/aac?full=1

It would seem that the horde is from another faction.

But still how are you supposed to make a horde when all of your people are under the rule of other people.

Don't worry, I don't exist Member King of Atlantis's Avatar

when your about to lose all your cities you can just pack up and move. I am intrested in seing this in mods.

when your about to lose all your cities you can just pack up and move. I am intrested in seing this in mods.
    But how. No cities=No population=No horde.

I can only assume that loss of cities wll be handled differently in BI. Perhaps there will be a 'Population Displaced' feature. I am certainly very interested in this new Horde feature

.......Orda

Kanto Kanrei Member Marshal Murat's Avatar

I'll play as the Romans, build a huge string of forts, and a large "theatre" army, and lets just see some Huns trying to get through those bad boys!

The horde option sounds interesting. I however, wish you could have a plunder option.
    As your horde marches along, and crosses the Rhine, the rich fields of Gaul open up. Initiate the plunder option, and you leave a swath of destruction, rape, pillaging, and your horde has just gained a 10,000 denarii bonus!
    "Nietzsche is dead" - God

"I agree, although I support China I support anyone discovering things for Science and humanity." - lenin96

Re: Pursuit of happiness
    Have you just been dumped?

I ask because it's usually something like that which causes outbursts like this, needless to say I dissagree completely.

Quote Originally Posted by Orda Khan
    I can only assume that loss of cities wll be handled differently in BI. Perhaps there will be a 'Population Displaced' feature. I am certainly very interested in this new Horde feature

.......Orda
    It does sound like a nice feature. How ever, i am not sure how well the AI is going to handle it. Heck, it can't use half the features in RTW as it is....