Thread: Help Wanted: Web producer

EB insanity coordinator Senior Member khelvan's Avatar

Default Help Wanted: Web producer

Greetings. I know I have been contacted by several individuals in the past regarding building an EB website. We are in the process of doing this now, and so if you could contact me again, that would be perfect. Someone with knowledge of web graphics, html, dhtml, xml, asp, perl, etc. would be perfect.

In addition, we intend to host the download of the EB mod ourselves. Judging by the amount of interest we generate, we suspect that we will incur substantial charges. At least one person had contacted me in the past about donating to our cause, though I have now lost that information (unfortunately). If you could contact me again, I would appreciate it.
    Cogita tute

Default Re: Help Wanted: Web producer

hey khevlan on the issue of donating, if you do make a website or some kind of "area", why don't have like a $5 or $10 signup or registration fee, using paypal get the payments, and that way you wont be charging for the mod but for site membership, judging by the number of people who seem to have posted or sent messages regarding your mod across the net, you should be able to get a substantial amount to support the costs of your project. Im sure nobody minds chipping in a little something and by making it a fixed cost, no one can then later argue they paid more or whatever. Just an Idea
    يا كؤردستان يا نه مان

Will Buy Food For Food Member Bouchious's Avatar

ok, i find a regisration/joining fee unbearable, mainly because i am 15 almost 16 and thus cannot pay online for things, and also, i have a small (be it expanding) knowledge of web graphics, html, etc and don't mind helping. although my knowledge is small i have many 'associates' who can help me.
    -Random/Bouchious

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Cat
    hey khevlan on the issue of donating, if you do make a website or some kind of "area", why don't have like a $5 or $10 signup or registration fee, using paypal get the payments, and that way you wont be charging for the mod but for site membership, judging by the number of people who seem to have posted or sent messages regarding your mod across the net, you should be able to get a substantial amount to support the costs of your project. Im sure nobody minds chipping in a little something and by making it a fixed cost, no one can then later argue they paid more or whatever. Just an Idea
    I think EB forum has so many viewers that a design company would kill to be promoted by donating the site and hosting and have a ''created by'' link. Plus with so many viewers any company would be more than willing to have a banner displayed. Banners=$$$. These are few ways to make the money for the site. If any registration fee issue immerges it will only discourage viewers. 10$ is way too much if you think that the worth of a normal site is not over 2000. That means that the first 200 viewerswill provide the cash needed. EB i think has more fans. What will it be with te extra money? Who will share them and how? And lets say after the first 200 the registration is lift wouldnt that be unfair for the guys who payed?
    Money always bring troubles my friend. EB should find a sponsor.
    μηνιν αειδε θεα Πηληιαδεω Αχιληοs ουλομενην

Re. hosting it yourself, will this be exclusively hosting it yourself, or will you allow others to host it?

Modding Godfather Member Vercingetorix's Avatar

What we could do is create a page where it is to be downloaded and add a plethora of banners and other advertisements
    I have found God.

I know of someone who might be interested in helping you, I will reference him to this thread later tonight when I get home from work.