Thread: RTR 6.0 is great in general but not for Romans

Angry RTR 6.0 is great in general but not for Romans

Rome Total Realism 6.0 is going to be one of the best mod ever made however I have to say that it lacks with historical accuracy on Roman troops, especially the legionaries. I am quite disappointed about the way RTR 6.0 has modified the Roman troops, they are no longer cool and I think also they are also completely made up! They're not based on hoistory. If you compare the legionaries pictured on the Traian column and the one on RTR 6.0 mod you can notice the difference!!

Default Re: RTR 6.0 is great in general but not for Romans

I think they are supposed to be legionaries of the late republic/Early empire. They did not have lorica segmentata until later, after the game ends.

Quote Originally Posted by HenryLet
    If you compare the legionaries pictured on the Traian column and the one on RTR 6.0 mod you can notice the difference!!
    well thats the unfortunate point... going for historical accuracy they established that RTW is a depiction of the Roman Empire going no further than the late republic.... as the games traditional end date is 14AD they decided that the "Imperial" armies such as those of Trajan were beyond the time frame... hope that explains it.

The time frame of RTR 6.0 is from 280 BC to 1 AD the Romans simply did not use square shields or lorica segmentata during this period. Round shields and mail were the most common equipment for the legions during this time frame and RTR reflects this. Rome is one of the better researched factions in RTR and I am certain it is correct as it stands. I hope you will enjoy playing RTR as the Romans and as other factions our desire is not reduce the "cool" factor of the Roman troops but only to stay true to the aims of RTR which is historical accuracy.
    Shame, my men, whose salvation came through these sixteen beasts. If the novelty of their appearance had not struck the enemy with panic, where should we have been?

Antiokhos I Soter (275 BC)

Don't worry, I don't exist Member King of Atlantis's Avatar

Hey, driddle you joined here to post on this, thats commitment .

You guys are doing a great job, .

You have to understand that there are planty of other mods that have the units your described, but you also have to understand that RTR and EB are realism mods and they are not doing it for the COOLNESS factor, because for them and their style of play the cool part IS the HISTORICAL ACCURACY. lol

Apart from that it is VERY easy to add your OWN units later to the Romans, skins are just that SKINS, its the Gameplay that makes a mod. Right now RTR among Many other mods give us different flavors of gamplay are all VERY well done.

With SPQR I agree with you, and that is why I kept the "Typical" Roman Look for the Legions, BUT my time period ends in 270 AD. lol But over all you eitehr have realism, fantasy or bit of Both, SPQR is an inbetween mod of Fantasy and Realism where RTR and EB are PURE realism mods.

That would be like someone having a complaint that SPQR's Egyptians are not realistic. lol No one ever claimed SPQR was a complete realism mod, well the same goes for RTR to complain that their Legions dont look the classical part and should look cool isnt the goal or theme of RTR.

Lt
    LT_1956 Creator of SPQR: Total War

SPQR:TW Mod forums