Thread: Maximums

Default Maximums

Warning: Possibility of n00b questions, treat with caution!

Just kiddin, I hope it's not really THAT noobish. So, what's the max number of provinces/cities you can have on campaign map and also what's the max number of diff units that can be trained by one faction (in campaign, I understand it's 100 in custom battles)? Also, how are the roads on the map determined, do they go automatically from town to town or can I edit them in one of the radar and alike maps?

Post Re: Maximums

Hi M.T.Cicero.

Don┤t worry about thinking your questions to be "n00bish".
    I┤m still a n00b too about modding things in R:TW.

I can tell you, as I read it somewhere, that there is a cap for about everything. Some say there is a 300 unit cap, and I think it is the cap for different units to be trained for all factions combined. There was a cap for provinces as well, but at the moment I dunno the number. Bad memory sometimes :-( . ( All I know for certain is that a unit can have the soldier max of 242. )

The roads , I think, should be scripted somewhere...must be province related..., ...where....well, wait some time and some pro┤s will tell you how to change them if you want to. I hope I answered 0.0001 % of your questions.

see ya...

The Lion Prince Member Sundjata Keita's Avatar

Default Re: Maximums

There is a stickied thread here with all the limits on (well the ones that we've worked out)

https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=42905

So in answer to your question 200 provinces is the max limit. 100 men is max for campaign for each faction. As for the roads I don't think anyone has really done too much experimenting, I assume there must be a default setting which makes them go from town to town but maybe try looking in map_trade_routes.tga
    Last edited by Sundjata Keita; 07-14-2005 at 13:28.

Huh, I thought it would be stickied somewhere and I went through the Scriptorium, but haven't found anything cuz the thread is right here in General - I'm not very good in finding my way around this place yet, it's so huge. Sry for posting a question already answered, I had a bad feeling bout it, that's what the noob stuff was all about and it turns out I was correct. Thanks both of u for answering anyway.

The Lion Prince Member Sundjata Keita's Avatar

It doesn't matter if it is a bit noobish because how else would you get your questions answered. And welcome to the forums, you'll get used to the layout eventually but I understand it would be confusing without reading every sticky, many of which are irrelavant to the average modder.