Thread: So long guys, been fun ... sometimes.

I am posting very rarely lately and maybe some have noticed.

It is simply that the game is just not appealing to me that much... specially after the developers crap we have been having all this time. The more the game sells the less the developers listen to the community. Sad but true.

Now official sources affirm that no patch will come until the release of the new game/expansion. Of course I may be wrong but the sources seem very clear on the issue.

It is just way too much crap to handle and enough to make me not enjoy the game as it used to.

So off I go... I think Combat Mission is my new game... good strategy with developers that REALLY listen to the community... or at least more than here in STW.

I will probably miss most of the strategy discussions and on other issues with people like Kurando, Ironlung (all the staff here at the dojo) and Erado, Magyar, the Links, the Fears and many many other that I enjoyed poosting back and forth with...

So long guys,

Metha

------------------
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."

Senior Member Senior Member Zen Blade's Avatar

Metha,

I think you are over-reacting.

-Zen Blade

------------------
    Zen Blade Asai
    Red Devil
    Last of the RSG
    Zen Blade Asai
    Red Devil
    Last of the RSG
    Clan Tenki Council-Unity, Retired
    SHS Core Member, Retired
    Derelict from an older age.

Senior Member Senior Member Kurando's Avatar

Maybe a good long break is in order Metha, but we hope to see you back when the expansion comes out.

Until then: take care out there.

Modern civilization is a vast conspiracy against silence

karoshi Senior Member solypsist's Avatar

I must confess that without so much downtime at work (and me with the internet), I wouldn't be posting as much either. My reasons aren't the same as Metha's but nonetheless I have grown too used to the game to enjoy it (married guys might know what I mean) -until of course, the Warlords thingy comes out.
    But hey, I just got Crimson Skies so.......

Hey Crimson Skies is a good game, been playing that myself as light relief to STW.
    Although my myjor gripe is it does start very easy and then suddenly turns into a total nightmare, I still love it. Atmosphere or what!!!!

Metha-san, I just want you to know that I appreciate your attitude.

In my personal opinion, you over-react at times, perhaps taking the game a bit too seriously than it should be taken. But going against an entire community of more-or-less fanatical fans like that, even while using a fake name, requires courage. You and I have had our disagreements, and maybe I was a bit hard on you at times, but I think that, deep down, you wanted to get that kind of reaction from people. It's an eye-opener. And if the Dojo wasn't for free discussion, why would any of us be here?

My respects. *bows*

------------------
    "Never, youths, however wretched, / Nor in future, upgrown heroes, / Whether you have large possessions, / Or are poor in your possessions, / In the course of your lifetime, / While the golden moon is shining, / May you woo a golden woman, / Or distress yourselves for silver, /For the gleam of gold is freezing, / Only frost is breathed by silver."
    -The Kalevala, Poem XXXVIII, verses 241-250
    "It is a good viewpoint to see the world as a dream. When you have something like a nightmare, you will wake up and tell yourself that it was only a dream. It is said that the world we live in is not a bit different from this".
    - Yamamoto Tsunetomo: Hagakure

Senior Member Senior Member Erado San's Avatar

And here's another bloke who's had his differences with Metha over the past... lol

Metha, Sometimes you do overreact. And I think that sometimes you look at the downsides a bit too much. The upside is that I can say I have had some good times with you, both in the forums and online.

One thing that stands out clearly is, that whatever, your remarks have always been aimed at convincing the developers that you want the game raised to the high level of perfection that is potentially there. And for that, my friend, I bow deeply.

Sayonara, Metha Sama.

But do check out the forums when the expansion arrives. It might become better than you expect...
    A voice from the past is heard in the lands...

Hi Metha!!
    You will be missed, but i understand you 100%
    I wrote at totalwar forum that guys like you and i and many more will leave the game becuse the dont hold there promises about the patch and so on...i was also close to leave a few weeks ago......
    There is to many bugs like routing of army´s for no reason (even happens when moral is off) and the server, what can we say (it cant handle 100+ players at the same time)

The best of luck to you mate, and if the add-on dont show promises i will join you in the other game.

------------------
    May the honour be with you all....
    -LinkSan
    May the honour be with you all....
    -LinkSan Daimyo of The Chain Clan

Hmm i don't know what all the fuss is about the patch will get here you have played the game for a while now without it so what is the trouble with waiting another 2 weeks or whatever so people are just jumping the gun

What good is a patch if they relese it and it will not be compatable with the addon then we will just be complaining about having to wait for a compatiable patch I mean anyone is allowed there own opinion but I don't see that many things wrong with the game that would make it unplayable. maybe what you need to is to take some time off go out have a few drink see the world and see that damn there is nothing perfect in the world so i guess this game is not the bad after all

------------------
    Clan Shades
    Shades
    You are already dead you just don't know it yet!!
    Clan Shades
    come by and give us a visit
    ShadeLord Shiba a member of clan shades

Insomniac and tired of it Senior Member Slyspy's Avatar

He always was an angry young man.

------------------
    "Put 'em in blue coats, put 'em in red coats, the bastards will run all the same!"
    "Put 'em in blue coats, put 'em in red coats, the bastards will run all the same!"

"The English are a strange people....They came here in the morning, looked at the wall, walked over it, killed the garrison and returned to breakfast. What can withstand them?"

Good luck in your new game Metha, Shogun may have a lot of bugs in it but it still si fun. Maybe when the expansion comes out, you will return.
    We live in a world of Disclaimers

Honor to Clan Doragon
    www.doragon.cjb.net

Metha,

We are all sad about you giving up!

The developers and Ea have many problems to deal with and have much work to do as well.

Apart from the development of the expansion pack they have the issues of cheating, campers etc etc

The patch will come someday as well...

But it is ur decision metha...

-Tera

------------------
    Honour to Clan No Fear.

Visit my resource centre at:

http://terazawa_tokugawa.tripod.com/terazawatokugawa/

I agree totaly i feel the same as do many others Sorry to see you go Metha you will be missed.
    Hope you come back.
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

show us your nose when the add on is out, or read the posts here once in a while....
    Clan Wolves: 10 years in Total War
    visit us at wolves.magyarkhan.org
    and youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/user/ClanWolves
    and watch a Creative Assembly employee struggle in battle....

funny how everyone keeps talking about bugs??
    i hav`nt experienced any bugs at all.

the game always runs smooth as silk for me..

did you guys READ the installing instructions that came with the game???

hehe I loved that post I see there is someone out there like me I read the forums everyday and read about ppl hating all these BUGS and i hardly ever run into them Sometimes i have to think that they must have a diffrent game then i do I have seen some wierd stuff every once in awhile but not that often. maybe because i was in the army and had to deal with what was givin to me that i overlook how bad things are i guess because I encounter a BUG and i just go with the flow as long as i can play it nothing that bad my guys rout for no reson i fight with what left if nothing is left i lose. i mean once i was watching my monks start to attack and the whole unit turned and faced my screen and gave me the finger and ran off the field but i dealt with it

------------------
    Clan Shades
    Shades
    You are already dead you just don't know it yet!!
    Clan Shades
    come by and give us a visit
    ShadeLord Shiba a member of clan shades

Must admit my enthusiasm for STW began to drop and I had moved onto Diablo 2. (Nazareem Lvl 22 Necromancer)

But then my brother bought STW just before christmas and he is so hyper about it (its all he talks about) and I find I've caught the bug again. Plus my son and I killed Diablo last weekend.

Can't wait for the expansion pack. Though I have reservations about the concept of battlefield ninja. They sound awfully like TB ghosts to me, I hope we not going to get overrun by a caze for superunits.

Anyway rambled on enough better get back to work.
    Didz
    Fortis balore et armis

Senior Member Senior Member Vanya's Avatar

When a bug waives its wirey little antenae at me... I spray it with my trusty old can of RAID! Then I stomp on it, and impale it on a toothpick and erect the toothpick in the back yard as a warning to other bugs that that that is the reward for trespassing into my domain.

And ig the bug is insidious, I will tie to a toothpick and burn it alive in the back yard for other bugs to witness.

The message must have been received, since bugs rarely show their faces in my house any more...

[Sips sake, eats popcorn]

Senior Member Senior Member Shiro's Avatar

Your love for Shogun may come and go, but the Dojo is forever. How's that for a nice corny little statement?
    "Everything Shiro said sounds good to me."
    -Solypsist
    "Catiline is the one with the black rag and Shiro is erm...the other one..."
    -Tosa