Thread: I want peace but the Pope don't

Hobbilars' whisperer... Member Advo-san's Avatar

Default I want peace but the Pope don't

I m the Venitians early expert and I ve been a bad doge... I fought Genoese, sicilians, HRE and his Hollyness, and I now control Genoa, Savoy, Milan, Venice, Tuscany,Rome, Naples, Sicily, Corsica.

But now I want to crusade. I ceasefired with everyone else except from the Pope!! I need that ceasefire, it is 1157 and I must crusade.

Any ideas how to make peace with Him..
    ΕΛΛΗΝΩΝ ΠΡΟΜΑΧΟΥΝΤΕΣ ΑΘΗΝΑΙΟΙ ΜΑΡΑΘΩΝΙ ΜΗΔΩΝ ΧΡΥΣΟΦΟΡΩΝ ΕΣΤΟΡΕΣΑΝ ΔΥΝΑΜΙΝ

Champions of the Greeks the Athenians in Marathon strewed the power of the goldendressed Persians

Don't worry, I don't exist Member King of Atlantis's Avatar

Default Re: I want peace but the Pope don't

To end war with anybody attack their last province then leave the province when they are trapped in their last city. If the pope doesnt have any lands with a castle let him attack someplace that does.

Didn't work. He came out of the castle but still won't accept my embassy.

Champions of the Greeks the Athenians in Marathon strewed the power of the goldendressed Persians

Don't worry, I don't exist Member King of Atlantis's Avatar

? That should have ended the war? You had him in his last province and hold it for a year then left? Its always worked for me..

I think I 'll execute him and hope that he will reemerge only in the papal states and in a more friendly mood. I ll let ya know what happened.

You need to either kill your king or assassinate the pope.
    Other than that you might want to offer a princess through one of the papacy emissaries, it usually pleases the old guy enough to allow you to get in peaceful terms.
    The best is yet to come.
    ZX MiniMod: Where MTW meets AOE
    https://www.wmwiki.com/hosted/ZxMod.exe
    Now on beta 3 with playable golden horde!

You mean offer the hand of a princess to the Pope? I don't think he is allowed to get married, but I 'll give it a shot nonetheless.. Thnx

You can, just drag the princess to an emissary and it will work.
    The best is yet to come.
    ZX MiniMod: Where MTW meets AOE
    https://www.wmwiki.com/hosted/ZxMod.exe
    Now on beta 3 with playable golden horde!

The Sword of Rome Member Marcellus's Avatar

If either the pope or your king is getting a bit old, then you can just wait for one of them to die.
    "Look I’ve got my old pledge card a bit battered and crumpled we said we’d provide more turches churches teachers and we have I can remember when people used to say the Japanese are better than us the Germans are better than us the French are better than us well it’s great to be able to say we’re better than them I think Mr Kennedy well we all congratulate on his baby and the Tories are you remembering what I’m remembering boom and bust negative equity remember Mr Howard I mean are you thinking what I’m thinking I’m remembering it’s all a bit wonky isn’t it?"

-Wise words from John Prescott

Yeah but that will only get him unexcomunitcated not ceasefired which is required for crusades. I had the same problem playing HRE i had the pope stuck in the papal states after conquering italy but then coudl ceasefire anyway what so ever so could crusade. Emisaries, princesses, attacking then retreating. In the end i though fuck it and just blew him off the map; it ended up being more fun because all my enemies were being pretty shit and fighting the popes uber army every 10 years or so was most enjoyable

Update:
    I finally got King of Atlantis' trick to work, Even though it gets me excommunicated and I need to assasssinate Him.

My empire now lies from egypt to mesopotamia (a greek word that means "the land between rivers), from savoy to sicily and corsica and from provence to croatia, plus Greece, constantinople, crete rhodes, cyprus.

The mongolian invasion helped me crush the Byz and establish myself in the Middle East. Now, the Spanish is the opposite awe; they control all Iberia, France and chunks of Germany.

1)Any suggestions where to strike this yellow menace?our borderline in burgundy or his motherland in castile. I control the searoads.
    2)How can I post here picks of my progress?

The Mongols just