Thread: Just a notice...

Lesbian Rebel Member Mikeus Caesar's Avatar

Default Just a notice...

This is just a notice for anyone who might care that possibly at some point over the next two weeks i won't be here due to problems with my computer. It's making rather worrying beeping noises and occasionally it doesn't register that the Hard Drive is there so it ends up not booting up.

That is all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranika
    I'm being assailed by a mental midget of ironically epic proportions. Quick as frozen molasses, this one. Sharp as a melted marble. It's disturbing. I've had conversations with a braying mule with more coherence.

Tree Killer Senior Member Beirut's Avatar

Default Re: Just a notice...

Well we appreciate that. Given some of our past posts back and forth, there are people who enjoy seeing your name show up on a regular basis.
    Unto each good man a good dog

Make sure you backup everything important. I know it is probably the HD, but I have seen this problem before where it was actually a PSU problem. The PSU was faulty and wasn't providing the HD with enough power so that meant it didnt get spinning fast enough and then it was not readable at boot. If this is the case, then it should work the second time you boot (as the HD is already spinning), just not always from a cold boot.

But if there are strange noises, then it is most likely a failing HD. Good luck!
    Eppur si muove

Vermonter and Seperatist Member Uesugi Kenshin's Avatar

That's too bad. Good luck!

Hope you aren't away too long.
    "A man's dying is more his survivor's affair than his own."
    C.S. Lewis

"So many people tiptoe through life, so carefully, to arrive, safely, at death."
    Jermaine Evans

Ouch. Hope you can get that cleared up with minimun expenses.

GoreBag: Oh, Prole, you're a nerd's wet dream.

This isn't Hard Drive failure, my computer's got worms!! It's a virus!! Once every month or so since the problem started, my computer has run CHKDSK, which manages to keep the computer happy for about two weeks before suffering failure. I need to run a Virus Scan before the computer gives out again.
    I'm being assailed by a mental midget of ironically epic proportions. Quick as frozen molasses, this one. Sharp as a melted marble. It's disturbing. I've had conversations with a braying mule with more coherence.

Ja mata, TosaInu Forum Administrator edyzmedieval's Avatar

Tell the Smeg Legions to help!!!

I've found on my PC, after a check, 4 trojans, after it previously detected 4 Netsky viruses......
    Ja mata, TosaInu. You will forever be remembered.

Proud

Been to:

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming in France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A novel set before the war.

A Painted Shield of Honour - 1313. Templar Knights in France are in grave danger. Can they be saved?

It's a real pain in the arse too, because my warning level has finally been removed (thank you Tosa!) and now i can't enjoy it to the full extent of my abilities.

Viruses, nasty things. Im now very catious of what i download and where from. Any way hope it all goes smoothly Mikeus!

"A lamb goes to the slaughter but a man, he knows when to walk away."