Thread: Archery

Default Archery

Me and the wife have just booked a beginners course in archery at the local club, I've always wanted to try it. Any of you out there already archers? If so any tips?

The Orgs Prophet of RATM Member IrishMike's Avatar
    Somewhere in the defensive area of a soccer field, slaughtering puny strikers.

Default Re: Archery

I do a fair shair as a bow hunter, nothing pro at all. All i can really say is don't go overboard and if you have a compound bow don't set the draw weight up to high to soon. If you do you'll wake up the next morning with a arm that won't move for a few days.
    When ignorance reigns life is lost.

War is norm, Fight the War, Screw the norm!

Very Senior Member Gawain of Orkeny's Avatar

This is a frontroom thread but what they hey. Just make sure you put the protector on your bow hand. Man that can sting.
    Fighting for Truth , Justice and the American way

Real men make their own bows. And use it to kill the French nobility. :)

As it's a beginners course I'm pretty sure my arrows will have suction cups on them

Oh, if someone wants to move it to the frontroom that'd be good, sorry for not putting it there in the first place.

One of my relatives is very accurate with a bow, even when riding a horse. It’s something that I’d love to try.
    "The ink of the scholar is more holy than the blood of the martyr."

I only defended myself and the honor of my family” - Nazanin

robotica erotica Member Colovion's Avatar

I thought it was perfectly normal to have my desire. I think a pinnacle of existance would be to be galloping full-out on a mighty steed loosing arrows at fleeing enemies and piercing someone's windpipe. When I told that to one of my friends they looked at me like I was crazy.

In any case, does anyone know of any way to craft one's own bow? Of course Yew would be recommended, but we're fresh out.
    robotica erotica

Ja mata, TosaInu Forum Administrator edyzmedieval's Avatar

It definitely want to try archery.... Noble sport....

Also, I getting nearer to start horse riding
    Ja mata, TosaInu. You will forever be remembered.

Proud

Been to:

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming in France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A novel set before the war.

A Painted Shield of Honour - 1313. Templar Knights in France are in grave danger. Can they be saved?

Master of Few Words Senior Member KukriKhan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ja'chyra
    As it's a beginners course I'm pretty sure my arrows will have suction cups on them

Oh, if someone wants to move it to the frontroom that'd be good, sorry for not putting it there in the first place.
    Your wish is my co......
    Be well. Do good. Keep in touch.

Chieftain of the Pudding Race Member Evil_Maniac From Mars's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Colovion
    I thought it was perfectly normal to have my desire. I think a pinnacle of existance would be to be galloping full-out on a mighty steed loosing arrows at fleeing enemies and piercing someone's windpipe. When I told that to one of my friends they looked at me like I was crazy.

In any case, does anyone know of any way to craft one's own bow? Of course Yew would be recommended, but we're fresh out.
    Use maple. Very flexible, and strong.

Simulation Monkey Member The_Mark's Avatar

In any case, does anyone know of any way to craft one's own bow?
    I found one guide a while ago, but it's in Finnish so I doubt that'll do any good. Though it does state that ash works quite well, actually.

I found the guide through a larp site (don't ask why, don't ask how), so you might want to check some of those out, as nutcases quite often want to have a nice big bow that they have made with their own hands to play with.
    Last edited by The_Mark; 07-17-2005 at 23:08.