Thread: 'Teds Dead

Default 'Teds Dead

there you have it. nuff said
    There are times I wish they’d just ban everything- baccy and beer, burgers and bangers, and all the rest- once and for all. Instead, they creep forward one apparently tiny step at a time. It’s like being executed with a bacon slicer.

“Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy.”

To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticise.

"The purpose of a university education for Left / Liberals is to attain all the politically correct attitudes towards minorties, and the financial means to live as far away from them as possible."

Default Re: 'Teds Dead

Grand Warder of the Woods Member TonyJ's Avatar

OH MY GOD !!

Sir Edward Heath has passed on to the Third Chamber !!

I actually remember him not as a politician, but as what he considered to be his real career - a conductor of classical music.

A great man.
    May the wind be ever at your back and the sun ever on your faces. May your sword lie light in your hand and heavy in the memories of your enemies

a conductor of classical music.
    No , a master Mariner

A Conservative I greatly admire. In the face of a hostile party he became their leader and even when the party took a further turn to the right, he still held strongly onto his one nation, left of the Tory party, stance. He was the kind of Centre-right politician everyone can greatly admire. He was always concerned with everyone in society, but simply differed from those on the left on how exactly to get that across, rather than the completely different goals of Thatcher / the half baked trying.

If there were more Tory leaders like Heath and not Thatcher, they would not only gain more votes, but far more respect from everyone.
    GARCIN: I "dreamt," you say. It was no dream. When I chose the hardest path, I made my choice deliberately. A man is what he wills himself to be.
    INEZ: Prove it. Prove it was no dream. It's what one does, and nothing else, that shows the stuff one's made of.
    GARCIN: I died too soon. I wasn't allowed time to - to do my deeds.
    INEZ: One always dies too soon - or too late. And yet one's whole life is complete at that moment, with a line drawn neatly under it, ready for the summing up. You are - your life, and nothing else.

Jean Paul Sartre - No Exit 1944

dear dear JAG the man didn't have a clue. It was Thatcher that pulled our nuts out of the fire in the late 70's. A dreadful time for the working classes thanks to knuckleheads like Heath and Wilson.
    There are times I wish they’d just ban everything- baccy and beer, burgers and bangers, and all the rest- once and for all. Instead, they creep forward one apparently tiny step at a time. It’s like being executed with a bacon slicer.

“Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy.”

To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticise.

"The purpose of a university education for Left / Liberals is to attain all the politically correct attitudes towards minorties, and the financial means to live as far away from them as possible."