Thread: Trade

Question Trade

Is there any way to get inland provinces involved in international trade? Is it ever worth it to build trading posts in provinces without ports and trading routes?

DA

Default Re: Trade

Land locked provinces can't trade internationally, no, but if you have some spare cash and nothing else to build, you will still get some pocket money out of local trade if you make a trade post

Don't worry, I don't exist Member King of Atlantis's Avatar

Thats why i usually only conquer coast..

Hobbilars' whisperer... Member Advo-san's Avatar

If the inland province is a border province you will get international trade. When I crusaded to Edessa I got to trade with the Byz on Rum and with the Eggys in Antioch. Not much of course, but Edessa was richer than many of my european provinces nonetheless...
    ΕΛΛΗΝΩΝ ΠΡΟΜΑΧΟΥΝΤΕΣ ΑΘΗΝΑΙΟΙ ΜΑΡΑΘΩΝΙ ΜΗΔΩΝ ΧΡΥΣΟΦΟΡΩΝ ΕΣΤΟΡΕΣΑΝ ΔΥΝΑΜΙΝ

Champions of the Greeks the Athenians in Marathon strewed the power of the goldendressed Persians

Does only the Border Province get to trade with your neighbors then ? How about regions adjacent to the Border Province? It would make sense that they're all essentially linked in a chain.
    "The greatest pleasure is to vanquish your enemies and chase them before you, to rob them of their wealth and see those dear to them bathed in tears, to ride their horses and clasp to your bosom their wives and daughters."

-- Genghis Khan

Kings didn't tax small scale trade much. Taxes were either from lords or from silly taxes like, for every 20 sacks of wool moved from from a ship, 30 chickens must be given to the harbour master.

For a person on a wagon taking wine across the border, he would probably experience 0 tax. Also land trade at the time was very difficult, the only movement that could occur was via sea or rivers or from well travelled routes taking food into towns from the countryside.

A Veteran Wargamer Member kiwitt's Avatar

I like the "XL" mod as provinces a worth more than trade. You focus on building up the province economically.
    We work to live, and to live is to, play "Total War" or drive a VR-4

Quote Originally Posted by Patron
    For a person on a wagon taking wine across the border, he would probably experience 0 tax.
    That is true but I'm sure the wine maker paid his tax, most likely several times.
    "IF YOUR ATTACK IS GOING TOO WELL, YOU'RE WALKING INTO AN AMBUSH."

"IF THE ENEMY IS IN RANGE, SO ARE YOU."

Hobbilars' whisperer... Member Advo-san's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DensterNY
    Does only the Border Province get to trade with your neighbors then ? How about regions adjacent to the Border Province? It would make sense that they're all essentially linked in a chain.
    No, they don't. They only do local trade..Try to keep edessa bordered with other friendly-neutral factions' provinces, it pays good money..
    ΕΛΛΗΝΩΝ ΠΡΟΜΑΧΟΥΝΤΕΣ ΑΘΗΝΑΙΟΙ ΜΑΡΑΘΩΝΙ ΜΗΔΩΝ ΧΡΥΣΟΦΟΡΩΝ ΕΣΤΟΡΕΣΑΝ ΔΥΝΑΜΙΝ

Champions of the Greeks the Athenians in Marathon strewed the power of the goldendressed Persians