Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Tips on how to attract a girl

Ja mata, TosaInu Forum Administrator edyzmedieval's Avatar

Cool Tips on how to attract a girl

Title explains everything

Everyone here, post your tips. Some of us are in need of them(not me!!!), so It would be a great thing.

And mods, if it is active enough, make it a sticky please.
    Ja mata, TosaInu. You will forever be remembered.

Proud

Been to:

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming in France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A novel set before the war.

A Painted Shield of Honour - 1313. Templar Knights in France are in grave danger. Can they be saved?

Blog Entries

Default Re: Tips of how to attract a girl

Give her a good long look right in her eyes and say "How about another round of beer?"

Nobody Important Member Somebody Else's Avatar

Money, status and power.
    Don't have any aspirations - they're doomed to fail.

Rumours...

Humhum

*cough*

"How YOU doin'?"

Default Re: Tips on how to attract a girl

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus
    Humhum

*cough*

"How YOU doin'?"
    lol mate Joey!

Humanist Senior Member Franconicus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Somebody Else
    Money, status and power.
    Completely wrong. She must have pity on you. Girls love birds with broken wings

And Teddies, of course!

master of the pwniverse Member Fragony's Avatar

Bring another specimen.

Weird Organism Senior Member Drisos's Avatar

Good idea but I'm afraid I cannot be of help for people here.

I have been in love with the same girl for 1,5 year now, she was in my class, but not anymore. Anyway, she knew it and I tried everything to make her give me a chance to prove I was the one. But while me and some others (me included makes it 5 in total ) did this, she kept 'searching' for a boyfriend, while she had 5 people who wanted to, she kept searching! GAH! girls... you are never good enough for them, they say you're nice but in fact they always keep hoping some bad-singing celebrity will be theirs. GAH again! I would have done anything for that girl! If I could get every female on the world I would still pick her, but I just wasn't good enough...

sorry for going so off topic. I am trying to forget her by playing STW and being around here but it's hard. deep down I still hope...-you know-...

so I can't be of help, I'm no good at this.
    - Chu - Gi - Makoto - Rei - Jin - Yu - Meiyo -

Corporate Hippie Member rasoforos's Avatar

Spend a whole hour talking to her about Total war, pay special attention to make sure she understands how the macedonian phallanx worked and about how bowmen used to be much stronger in Shogun than in Medieval. Also tell her about that time when you defeated a whole bunch of Egyptians by only using 2 units of cavaly and 4 units of peasants ( make sure you use the bottles and glasses,forks,plates around the bar/restaurant/cafee table to re-enact your battle tactic as accurately as possible )

If you run out of words dont worry. You can always talk about sports, your ex girlfriend, politics and of course that skin rash you got last month and it still itches...

Then all girls can be mine! MIIINE! MUHAHAHAHHA!
    Αξιζει φιλε να πεθανεις για ενα ονειρο, κι ας ειναι η φωτια του να σε καψει.

http://grumpygreekguy.tumblr.com/

Clan Takiyama Senior Member R'as al Ghul's Avatar

Tips on how to attract a girl
    Ignore her.

Seriously it will make her curious why on earth you
    are not interested in her.
    Apart from that, I second everything rasoforos said.
    After all, girls really like to talk about warfare, don't they?

Singleplayer: Download beta_8
    Multiplayer: Download beta_5.All.in.1
    I'll build a mountain of corpses - Ogami Itto, Lone Wolf & Cub
    Sometimes standing up for your friends means killing a whole lot of people - Sin City, by Frank Miller

The Anger Shaman of the .Org Content Manager Voigtkampf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gelatinous Cube
    Every time I hear this question, I crack up. Girls aren't quite as Superficial as us guys when it comes to judging the opposite sex.
    Not quite as; substantially more.

Never walk into the trap of thinking that girls are somehow more profound then boys. They are, in matter a fact, much worse.

They just pretend better!

As for the tips

My one and only pickup line:

I drive down the street, wave a stack of twenties at any woman on any street corner:

“HEY!!!” *wave money*

“GET IN!!! I’M NOT A COP!!!”

It works.

Today is your victory over yourself of yesterday; tomorrow is your victory over lesser men.

Miyamoto Musashi, The Book of Five Rings, The Water Book

One of the Undutchables Member The Stranger's Avatar

be confident and funny but not too much cuz she'll think your arrogant. let it come to you but steer it behind the scenes. be nice but not slimey. show her your emotions.

We do not sow.

Scandinavian and loving it Member Lazul's Avatar

talk about Alexander the great and compare him to Hannibal and then move on to Napoleon while just giving Ceaser a few credits.... they will love you.

not really... find something you have in common and talk about it, and when ever you can, be funny or give her compliments... works for me

or play it safe, tell her: "Wonna come home ot my place and have sex and eat popcorn?"
    Then she says: "no"
    And you look all offended: "What!? you dont like popcorn?"
    then she will probably slap you haha
    www.overspun.com

"Freedom without opportunity is a devil's gift."
    --Noam Chomsky

Not acting like a jerk is always a good start.
    Somehow being down on your luck (but not being a whiney baby) can get a good sympathy reaction.

However, as has been previously noted: women are nuts. So these suggestions may work on some but fail pathetically on others.

EDIT: Do not attempt anything with women when you are drunk. Just don't, if it works you may regret it and if it doesn't there's a fair chance you'll have made a complete tit out of yourself.

EDIT2: Common interests, find out what she likes and get into it yourself. It's amazing how interesting you can find absolute crap when you want in the pants of one of its devotees.
    Last edited by Taffy_is_a_Taff; 07-23-2005 at 00:55.

Not affiliated with Red Dwarf. Member Ianofsmeg16's Avatar
    Home of Palm trees, cats with no tails, three-legged men, fairies...and more german bikers than germany

It all well and dandy posting in this and thank god for your advice but it is all, in fact, useless. Unless your and a tall, muscle-bound, god-like hero character who can sing and loves to talk about "where the relationship is heading (oh me all the way....it helps to tell her you are a crucial part of a conspiracy to bring about the end of the so called frog) then you really aint getting anywhere....or that maybe only girls at MY school.
    EDIT: It also helps if you are in a band......unless its a Slipknot tribut band...Metallica would do
    Last edited by Ianofsmeg16; 07-22-2005 at 16:41.
    When I was a child
    I caught a fleeting glimpse
    Out of the corner of my eye.
    I turned to look but it was gone
    I cannot put my finger on it now
    The child is grown,
    The dream is gone.
    I have become comfortably numb...

Proud Supporter of the Gahzette

Tovenaar Senior Member The Wizard's Avatar

Do as the Brabantines do. Club 'em over the head and drag 'em back to your lair.

Oh, and ian: No. All you need to do is seem confident (seem; you can be a nervous wreck beneath the vernish, but just seem to be confident!) and talk fast. Be funny and audacious. Done.
    Last edited by The Wizard; 07-22-2005 at 16:47.
    "It ain't where you're from / it's where you're at."

Eric B. & Rakim, I Know You Got Soul

musicians: Ian of Smeg is spot on about musicians. Nothing else applies, if you are a musician you will get girls.

Sure playing something like the cello may not get you girls in high school but it will afterwards.

Musicians are bastards.

Tovenaar Senior Member The Wizard's Avatar

Depends. What girls do you get? Hoes if your an MC (and a good one at that, with a good producer), goths () if you play metal etc, punks... Naw. I'd rather be an RnB crooner. Or just me. Yeah, I'll settle for that.
    "It ain't where you're from / it's where you're at."

Eric B. & Rakim, I Know You Got Soul

Scruffy Looking Nerf Herder Member Steppe Merc's Avatar

My friends are in a band, they all have the hottest girlfriends ever... Though the lead guitarist's cousin is with the rythym guitarst, which I imagine is wierd.
    Well, except for the bass player, but we all think he's gay...

"But if you should fall you fall alone,
    If you should stand then who's to guide you?
    If I knew the way I would take you home."
    Grateful Dead, "Ripple"

Ambiguous Member Byzantine Prince's Avatar

Tip 1: Be sexy

Tip 2: Don't critisize anything(my weakness)

Tip 3: Show off your ass by bending over

Tip 4: Show off abs by raising shirt like you just don't care who sees you

Tip 5: Ignore every chick you see(I think they find that mysterious)

Tip 6: GO up to them and ask them their names. Don't go all: "how you doin" No woman likes dumbasses despite what Friends might have taught you

Tip 7: Go to a hair salon and get your hair done, it'll make you look more sophisticated then you actually are

Tip 8: Let *her* ask you out first, and if she's too shy and you see it, then you work it in by obscurely asking her if she wants to go to a party or something of common interest.

That's all the advice I can churn out today. Use it well young padowan.

Didn't I already tell you Edz that women were evil?! :p

Attracting women is easy, just talk to them in flirtatious ways while looking them in the eye a fair bit - you can normally judge how you are doing by the response to that. As long as you don't say anything too bloody stupid and don't look like Michael Jackson, you should do pretty well.

The hard part comes after all that attracting bit, then women are bloody evil.
    GARCIN: I "dreamt," you say. It was no dream. When I chose the hardest path, I made my choice deliberately. A man is what he wills himself to be.
    INEZ: Prove it. Prove it was no dream. It's what one does, and nothing else, that shows the stuff one's made of.
    GARCIN: I died too soon. I wasn't allowed time to - to do my deeds.
    INEZ: One always dies too soon - or too late. And yet one's whole life is complete at that moment, with a line drawn neatly under it, ready for the summing up. You are - your life, and nothing else.

Jean Paul Sartre - No Exit 1944

Quote Originally Posted by Byzantine Prince
    Tip 1: Be sexy
    Hmm, I´m trying to some degree.
    Tip 2: Don't critisize anything(my weakness)
    I like to critisize in ironical ways, not meaning it like I say, but I know girls like to misunderstand that...

Tip 3: Show off your ass by bending over

Tip 4: Show off abs by raising shirt like you just don't care who sees you
    My upper body is not that nice and I´m still working on my muscles...
    Tip 5: Ignore every chick you see(I think they find that mysterious)
    That may be very well true, I did it whenever this certain girl didn´t seem to like me, it made the impression of raising her interest again...until she began to hate me.
    Tip 6: GO up to them and ask them their names. Don't go all: "how you doin" No woman likes dumbasses despite what Friends might have taught you
    Ask for her name? I know it already without asking, but sounds like a mistake of mine.
    Tip 7: Go to a hair salon and get your hair done, it'll make you look more sophisticated then you actually are
    Just did not long ago.
    Tip 8: Let *her* ask you out first, and if she's too shy and you see it, then you work it in by obscurely asking her if she wants to go to a party or something of common interest.
    That´s very funny, because the girl I´m aiming at was apparently too shy, I asked her out in some stupid way and she didn´t respond for 3 weeks, I didn´t ask again, etc. blabla and now(>½year later) she hates me.

But I got no problem with that, there have been enough girls who asked me, but I´ve always been either not interested or too stupid, I don´t take it too serious anymore and just laugh about it, I´ll find some nice girl somewhen, but I wouldn´t bother if it was soon.
    Of course I got no tips because I couldn´t even get a girlfriend myself so far.
    Last edited by Husar; 07-22-2005 at 19:13.

"Topic is tired and needs a nap." - Tosa Inu

Ambiguous Member Byzantine Prince's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Husar
    I like to critisize in ironical ways, not meaning it like I say, but I know girls like to misunderstand that...
    Don't do it at all. Even if you are 100% right they will not appreciate it.

My upper body is not that nice and I´m still working on my muscles...
    You're not attract pretty girls if your not fit, or at least skinny enough to be able to show muscle. Hell even the fat ones want fit men.

That may be very well true, I did it whenever this certain girl didn´t seem to like me, it made the impression of raising her interest again...until she began to hate me.
    Well you just keep ignoring them until they are ready for plucking.

Ask for her name? I know it already without asking, but sounds like a mistake of mine.
    They ask something else, like how come you are here also, or somthing that has to do with the situation.

But I got no problem with that, there have been enough girls who asked me, but I´ve always been either not interested or too stupid,
    Same here, when ugly chicks ask me, I blow them off, and when hott ones ask me, it seems to good to be true and I blow them off(which is a sign of stupidity really)

Scruffy Looking Nerf Herder Member Steppe Merc's Avatar

Have long hair. Then when they ask you to braid it, refuse at first, then reluctantly give in. However, it's a slippery slope, and so far it has only worked with girls that my best friends are going out with... I need to get out more...

"But if you should fall you fall alone,
    If you should stand then who's to guide you?
    If I knew the way I would take you home."
    Grateful Dead, "Ripple"

Lie, everything you do right treat as nothing everything you do wrong treat as everything, vice versa for them. Let them talk about themselves and when you find something similar to yourself relate. When ever they ask you to do something you don't want to slowly give in. And start off by making friends, ignore the boobs for a while and become the guy they know well and trust, then ramp up the "i wanna bone you" stuff, but do it with some more class than that. Or join a band, worked for Axl Rose.
    Sometimes I slumber on a bed of roses
    Sometimes I crash in the weeds
    One day a bowl full of cherries
    One night I'm suckin' on lemons and spittin' out the seeds
    -Roger Clyne and the Peacemakers, Lemons

Dyslexic agnostic insomniac Senior Member Goofball's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by edyzmedieval
    Title explains everything

Everyone here, post your tips. Some of us are in need of them(not me!!!), so It would be a great thing.

And mods, if it is active enough, make it a sticky please.
    Let me get this straight:

You're asking a bunch of patrons of an online wargaming discussion forum for tips on how to pick up women?

You might have better luck asking the patrons at the next Star Trek convention...

"What, have Canadians run out of guns to steal from other Canadians and now need to piss all over our glee?"

- TSM

Quote Originally Posted by The Wizard
    Do as the Brabantines do. Club 'em over the head and drag 'em back to your lair.
    Still the most effective way to do it...

Somehow, I think Goofball is right. But then...I've seen worse help on other boards. Not that I can think of where mind you...but I'm sure I have.

And yes, girls are nuts. They're fun, entertaining...but insane.

Azi
    "If you don't want to work, become a reporter. That awful power, the public opinion of the nation, was created by a horde of self-complacent simpletons who failed at ditch digging and shoemaking and fetched up journalism on their way to the poorhouse."
    Mark Twain 1881

My best advices, smile, be confident and dont be scare of being turned away ! If that dont work, try with the next one

Rock out. I have actually picked up chicks this way, and any chick you pick up from rocking out is the kind you want to have around.

Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast